• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Does the forum software allow to stick one post in a thread, so that that post is always visible on top of every page?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Does the forum software allow to stick one post in a thread, so that that post is always visible on top of every page?

Oh is this what you were asking me about specifically in the conversation? I've got to say, I do apologise for not getting where you were coming from.

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Steve Powell
@Dark Drakan

Is it possible to give members the ability to block threads ?
Not any of the members participating in any particular thread but the thread itself.

Like if i wanted to place threads i have absolutely no interests in on ignore, would it be possible for an option like that ?

Haven't heard of this ability but again Steve would be better placed to answer this as he's likely to have heard of more "mods" for the software from the Xenforo forums.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Dark Drakan

Admin
Suppose you trip and fall towards the ground.
While falling, you detect the sweet, sweet smell of Cinnabon and get distracted.
In your distraction, you forget you were supposed to be falling and "miss" the ground because you weren't paying attention.
Incidentially, you can now fly.
What do you do first?

@Steve Powell @Angel @Dark Drakan @Meg @LordOfDarkness @berto @Tony_Redgrave

Fly home and show off to the wife who would now likely want me to take her on holiday so then have to endure a 14 hour flight to somewhere tropical and then curse having the power after 1 day as I get turned into a human plane...

Meg

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Shadow
Just popped there and sorry for how you and all us members here were treated. By a staff member, no less.

Btw, your avatar there rocks. But why does it remind me of Witcher 1's sex cards? LOL did you take it from there?

And I think I'll join there, I loved Fable 1 after all.

Meg

@Dark Drakan @Angel @Steve Powell I just want to say in advance that I'm very, very sorry for any trouble I'm about to cause you on the Fable forums. I promise I'll behave from now on, but I can't stand being insulted and I don't want anyone else having to take the fall for defending me instead.
*is sad Shadow was insulted* :(

*is also very curious* @.@

*doesn't want to prod* @.@

*hopes Shadow PMs her about what happened* @.@

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
*is sad Shadow was insulted* :(

*is also very curious* @.@

*doesn't want to prod* @.@

*hopes Shadow PMs her about what happened* @.@

Something that...is hopefully being resolved...or, y'know, will be soon. Sure, I will. Just give me a sec? ^^; Cheesecake and post writing don't seem to go well together. :blush:

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Dark Drakan
@Steve Powell
Is there a way for members to adjust youtube video size (make them smaller if they want) when adding them to posts ?

I think the size they are displayed on the forums in is enabled by default in the forum BB Code as it is possible to add your own sizes to embed code copied and pasted from Youtube but not tried adding them to a post that way for a while so not sure if it works like that or they now have to use our [media][/media] embed code.

Why can't I embed videos from Facebook?

Might be something in the Admin CP that hasnt been enabled to do with Facebook videos as the code should be there and it is one of the listed sites that should work. I remember Steve having some issues with them some time ago but not sure if this was rectified or not. Approved sites are meant to be: Dailymotion; Facebook; Liveleak; Metacafe; Vimeo; YouTube;

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I noticed different colors for members's nicknames are no longer displayed in the Members Online Now section, is that intentional? I liked the diversity of colors there.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I noticed different colors for members's nicknames are no longer displayed in the Members Online Now section, is that intentional? I liked the diversity of colors there.

I'm not exactly sure what is happening with that right now, because I've also noticed myself and other member's usernames being displayed in silver/platinum. Some that are just regular members with no account upgrades such as Gold, Platinum or Legendary memberships.

Top Bottom