• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
i just bought an upgrade for my account normally how long does it take to activate

Normally? Not very long, dude. I couldn't say how long specifically, but it's never too long in most cases. And if Steve gets on anytime soon, I'm sure he'll sort it out for you.

Thanks for showing your support! :thumbsup:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
We need to make it so that when someone edits a post in order to quote or tag someone else who already read the unedited post, that someone else receives an alert when the post is edited with the quote/tag. Is it possible?

Cause otherwise the only way to make sure the quoted/tagged person gets an alert is double posting.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
We need to make it so that when someone edits a post in order to quote or tag someone else who already read the unedited post, that someone else receives an alert when the post is edited with the quote/tag. Is it possible?

Cause otherwise the only way to make sure the quoted/tagged person gets an alert is double posting.

Hm. I just kind of assumed that they did receive an alert even if you were editing a post. Now that you've brought it up though, it's something that would definitely be worth looking into.

In the meantime, avoid double-posts as being a means to get around this issue. Instead, either personally notify the person of your edit or mention it to them in your next post.

KRSkull

So what games are you looking up to?

Also i think that there is a problem with the forum. because i just got an alert saying that someone quoted me. but when i clicked on it. it shows that someone else was quoted.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Also i think that there is a problem with the forum. because i just got an alert saying that someone quoted me. but when i clicked on it. it shows that someone else was quoted.

That can happen if for example, that guy quoted you by mistake and then corrects his post before you check the alert.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
one wired glitch that happened a few days ago was
me and @Shadow could swear we were following each other
but both of us had to refollow the other

don't know if this happened to anyone else but just thought you should know

Dark Drakan

Admin

That can happen if for example, that guy quoted you by mistake and then corrects his post before you check the alert.

Yeah that was probably mine, I quoted you instead of Meg I believe.

berto

I Saw the Devil
The trailer for the new Odin Sphere remake was just announced. I'm pretty happy about that. Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV are the two games I always want to know more about but never has news.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
What would you do if you invited Donald Duck to your house and he started raging because he couldn't close the window and eventually it escalates to the point where he's flying around on a table in pure rage?
Any and all staff is welcome to answer. ... :)

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
What would you do if you invited Donald Duck to your house and he started raging because he couldn't close the window and eventually it escalates to the point where he's flying around on a table in pure rage?

Put down the bottle of booze and go to bed because I think it would be time to call it a night then.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

I'd say, "Hey listen here Donald. I had Daffy over yesterday for dinner and as far as ducks go, he has more manners. In fact if he were here right now he'd say"...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
What's with this thing "If you can't say it on TV you can't say it here"?

No offense, but I don't think that makes a lot of sense. This is not TV, it's a forum. Which implies a certain degree of informality when it comes to communication. Swears are an informal form of communication.

I don't think you should worry about swears. Only if they're meant to offend. Also, I've seen you censoring words accepted by the swear filter, why? Isn't the filter designed to allow words that are considered okay?

Meg

@Foxtrot94

Even though you asked berto, I'm going to take a crack at this. I've seen a number of people object to not being allowed to excessively swear here. The reasoning is pretty simple; we want this place to be welcoming. Scrolling down a thread, seeing post after post filled with #%^$ and ****** is not very inviting. Swears are inherently antagonistic and aggressive by nature, so we ask people limit their usage for those reasons.

Over the years, many people have thought they could use this place as their own personal dumping ground, but that's not why this site is here. So we ask that members keep things clean and level headed.

Yes DMC is an "M" rated game, which carries the expectation that everyone here is capable of handling mature rated content. But there is a difference between "mature" content and actually being mature.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94
Swears are inherently antagonistic and aggressive by nature

No, it's the context that gives them meaning. For ex, if I see something exciting and tell someone "Hey look at this sh!t, man!", that's not aggressiveness at all. Why should I be called out for saying that, when the intent is not aggressive, but friendly, in the first place?

Swears are used a lot in colloquial speech among friends, so I'd say they actually contribute to make a place more welcoming. If the context is not aggressive, but instead they're just used as a form of friendly speech, there shouldn't be anything wrong.

Of course problem arises when there's arguing and they are used in that context. But that's what moderators are for, right? ;)

Viper

Premium
@Meg
But there are some swear words that have since become so normal we don't realize they should be censored. And then there are some that are not even swear words, but a bit more vulgar slang, yet warnings are still given for it because some guy many decades ago said you can't use it on TV.
If some stuff is bad, but is not caught by swear filter, isn't it better to somehow update the filter as opposed to frustrating people over and over with mod calling them out?

Top Bottom