• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Oh, life. There was this girl in middle school, who was bullied because she was found really ugly. Me and another friend who I've now lost contact with were the only ones defending her (you know, among bully victims, we fraternized), the others were either too scared of the bullies or just didn't care.

Well I met her a minute ago and she's beautiful now. We talked about the old times (she laughs at it now), and we're going out this evening. She told me she's tempted to take a pic of us tagging the guys who bullied her to let them look at her now and give them the middle finger. LOL

She told me she decided to take more care of her to be at peace with herself and not to please the boys (wise, very wise), and that she's never forgotten me and my friend (aawwww) after those years in middle school. Too bad he can't be here.

Always awesome to see friendly old faces. And what a face, this one, by the way!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's more ugly and disgusting than a person's hatred for another? Nothing.

Depends on who you hate and why. I mean, would you think my grandpa was disgusting cause he hated Hitler for what he did? I know you didn't mean that, just saying.

But yeah you know what they say, kids are cruel. You can't have any out of the ordinary characteristic otherwise you're a target. She had bad acne and was a little fat, my friend dressed kinda... retro... and I was short (well, still am), scrawny, and had a scar on my forehead. Those were bad years for us three. But in moments like these you realize it was worth it to endure. And I don't mean that she's gorgeous now (well, not only), but that it made us bond and make friends that we knew we could trust.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Depends on who you hate and why. I mean, would you think my grandpa was disgusting cause he hated Hitler for what he did? I know you didn't mean that, just saying.

But yeah you know what they say, kids are cruel. You can't have any out of the ordinary characteristic otherwise you're a target. She had bad acne and was a little fat, my friend dressed kinda... retro... and I was short (well, still am), scrawny, and had a scar on my forehead. Those were bad years for us three. But in moments like these you realize it was worth it to endure. And I don't mean that she's gorgeous now (well, not only), but that it made us bond and make friends that we knew we could trust.
as much as getting bullied sucks
it does build character

I was bullied threw my whole school experience (not as bad as it sounds but still)
I was that kid with the glasses and the only one who played video games seriously

I was the stereotypical nerd
but I knew even at my young age that the was no real problem with me

I wasn't going to stop enjoying what I loved or being who i am
I didn't change just to get those shallow people to like me because why should i

I wouldn't change a single thing about my life because your experiences define you as a person
if any of those things didn't happen I wouldn't be who I am today
and i'm proud of who I am :thumbsup:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I was that kid with the glasses and the only one who played video games seriously

LOL the videogame part applied to me too. But you know what's funny now? Here at the Computer Science faculty, having eyesight problems and being videogame nerds is the normality (and we're not bullied by anyone btw, we're all adults now, we're over that ****... except maybe a few immatures of the first year).

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Agreed, @Director Bison. Adversity separates the weak from the strong, in my opinion. Some people break, dealing with that kind of crap day in and day out--and that's completely understandable. Hell, even the people that come out the other side stronger had moments where they didn't think they'd get through it.

What's important is that you grow from that experience. When it's over and you're doing pretty well for yourself--in whatever way that may be--you'll be able to look back on all that **** and know it was worth it, because it made you who you are.

Doesn't mean the sting will entirely go away--some wounds take a little longer to heal--but in the long run, it should make you one of those compassionate few who, when someone else is hurting, they can turn to. :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What's important is that you grow from that experience.

Exactly. Thankfully we did. She hit the gym and decided to take more care of her appearance when she could have just drowned in self loathing, and I began practising martial arts, which started as a means to get rid of fear and learn how to defend myself, and turned into a passion.

There were some negative side effects however, I became sort of antisocial and came to prefer the company of few selected friends to naturally befriending people. I'm starting getting over it only now.

Funnily enough though, I've always been antisocial and awkward with guys, never with girls. How does that work?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Tay really is the gift that keeps on giving. Now with terrorism. :thumbsup:

fbPqZpV.png

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
No, no, no.

Idea overload bad! I can't write fast enough for this. It's all over the damn place. x_x

Why? Why is it now, just before NaNo and nearing the last handful of chapters for FotS, that this happens?

Brain. Stop it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Okay, here's the plan: complete FotS's read-through/edit, revise a chapter of WoN, and if we get that done with a day to spare...take that day off. The last thing we need is to burn out before this thing starts. :dead:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
She had bad acne and was a little fat, my friend dressed kinda... retro... and I was short (well, still am), scrawny, and had a scar on my forehead.

So what you're saying is, you were an alternate version of Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, and Harry Potter?

Top Bottom