• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Are You Thinking?

Lain

Gold Supporter
Wew, I had heard about the Simba/Kimba controversy since KH2 came out, but to think it ran that deep.

Dear Disney: Why You Always Lion~ :tongue:

Ash.

Futurist
Contributor
Gold Supporter
"Your argument seems to be based on a market switch like from carrier pigeon to Skype, but if robots take up majority of the jobs, there will not be a market switch. This will raise unemployment and eventually disincentivize employers from replacing humans with robots due to little to no demand. My concern with it is employers will take a long time to realize that it won't benefit them in the long run."

Shadow

Dead Witch Walking
Gold Supporter
Me, standing on a clifftop in the rain with an old-fashioned gown and widow's veil on--the fog swirls around me and the sea crashes against the cliffs far, far below as I stare longingly out at the horizon, waiting: "When will my Lush box reach me; it was supposed to be here six hours ago...."

berto

I Saw the Devil
Staff member
Welp, just be notified that I've been with the DMC forums for fives year.... Wow, time sure flies by, huh? Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's nothing. I am one post away from 7,000... I might wait for my birthday to post numero seven oh oh oh.

Edit:
Oh, never mind. That's 7000. Been here long...

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Gold Supporter
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
I'm sorry, dude. :( I really was interested in hearing about your courses next year, and whatnot. But with you talking quietly and the bus rolling up, I couldn't hear you. I seriously was not doing the, "I'm pretending to listen, but I don't really care" nod. It was more of a, "I can't hear you, but I don't want to do the awkward 'pardon?' thing more than once" nod...which sadly looks the same. >.>

No wonder the kid doesn't bother trying to talk to me anymore. ._.

Dante's Stalker

"....then love me now."
Contributor
Gold Supporter
It was Valentines Day? O_o No wonder traffic was so stupid in the hub the other day! What is WRONG with people? Couldn't they just stay home and off the street? Would have made my life much easier that night!

Look at me, ranting about something that happened in the past. It didn't really bother me that much, anyway. It was extra time away from the kids by myself. As awful as it is dealing with stupid drivers, the traffic did give me at least another 20 minutes of 'freedom'.

Also, Saturday nights will need to be the dedicated night for sleep aid. I was dangerously sleepy behind the wheel today. Not cool when you've got a car loaded with little kids, aite.
Plus, I'll be working Sat afternoons with kiddies starting this weekend.
Which means Sat night is the only night I'll actually be able to sleep well.
Oi.

Lain

Gold Supporter
Been reading Volume 1 of "Golden Kamuy" today. Since it's Viz, there's always something with the translation I gotta gripe about. :tongue:

This time it's the usage of archaic units of measurement. I'm always a proponent of using as few translator notes as possible so when I see multiple notes on one page describing the what the various units would mean today. And I'm just left thinking, why not just use the modern units? Leaving in the original units doesn't really add anything to the story and the multiple TNs just keep breaking my immersion. :unsure:

Rebel Dynasty

Flame of Olympus
Gold Supporter
Twitter
ShannonRohrer1
So glad that the long weekend is almost here. It'll be nice, having that extra day to sleep in. :sleep:

+Seems we lucked out. While everyone else and their kids appear to have the flu, kiddo (so far) just has an annoyingly-persistent cold. As long as she doesn't develop a fever and the aches and pains, we're good.

++I really, really want my cover art.