• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't come here often enough to warrant creating a thread to say cheers, so I'll just do it here where (hopefully) my friends will see it.
Kaikoura (on our South Island) got hit by a 7.8 quake on Monday. There's still uncertainty on whether the quake we felt here in Welly (south tip of the North Island) is the same quake or just another big one that followed onto that. Either way, it hit just past midnight and just as I was about to get ready for bed. The whole house swayed, physically actually swayed, which is awesome y'know, considering I was alone at home with 4 small children fast asleep.
There's some structural damage to the house but nothing else is broken (except maybe our nerves). Had a rough few nights, lots of nightmares that have caused some screaming and yelling in the dead of night (I think we've all had a turn with that now).
So...according to our seismologists, the chance of another big one hitting within the next 30 days has gone up from 15% to 30%. Welly is on a major fault line. They've been talking about 'The Big One' for nearly 10 years now, and that's not for any part of NZ except for Wellington. Yay, whohoo, go us. I'm just going on experience here, but when the big quake hit Christchurch a few years ago, there was some damage but no loss of life - until a second, lower in magnitude, quake hit again a week later, in which many people died.
To top it off, we've had heavy rainfall, lots of flooding and landslides (and even a tornado last night!) since Tuesday, and there's more predicted for tonight (already heard the thunder growling outside).
There's not a lot of milk in the stores due to the earthquake destroying the supplies, and there wasn't any bread either. Kinda sucks when you've run out.

Anyway. I'm running around getting our get away kits and survival kits together now. Won't be on the forum for a long time. If anyone needs to reach me, I'm still active on FB and Skype.

Also, sorry to anyone I haven't replied to on the forums. A bit distracted and busy with all this natural disaster stuff.

Viper

Premium
I don't understand some guys' love for anal sex. It's gross as sh!t. Literally.
Anus is tighter than vagina, I gather that's the secret. As for the gross part, which I accidentally found out amateurs solve by the girl doing total clean up of bowels earlier in the day, that ain't even the worse thing one will find out about sex and fetishes, courtesy of the internet and clickbait articles on modern news portals.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why do people always want to get together when I'm not feeling well/up to it? Ugh...I kind of hope she just flakes on me again. Either that or I'm just going to have to tell her I'm not feeling well, and hope she doesn't think I'm just making excuses. ._.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Decided to enter NaNo late. Since I've been editing two novels, I figured it counts toward the whole word-count goal thing. *Shrugs* It just would have felt weird, not doing it at all.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Besides a couple references to "destroying those that annoy you" yeah, they do seem rather noble.
Even so, they should only do it IF the person who annoys them doesn't change his/her ways, being this self defense.
Kinda ironic, if we take into account how Satanists are usually described as amoral or just plain evil.
We are always learning something new!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Even so, they should only do it IF the person who annoys them doesn't change his/her ways, being this self defense.
Kinda ironic, if we take into account how Satanists are usually described as amoral or just plain evil.
We are always learning something new!

The one that caught me off guard was "Do not harm children." I was like... If you asked me how to describe a Satanist, that would probably be far from the list of things I'd say.

Viper

Premium
And Bayonetta has one, too? Why does everything have a Pachinko version.
Because it makes money? It's gambling that doesn't fall under gambling laws, or so I heard, so it brings a lot of profit.

@Gel
I gather the ten commandments of Satan you read were from LaVeyan Satanism, which is a relatively recent religion with a different idea what Satan is, in short they see him not as ultimate evil, but symbol of primal nature of humans.

lol, for some reason my fingers keep trying to type Santa instead of Satan.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
@Gel
I gather the ten commandments of Satan you read were from LaVeyan Satanism, which is a relatively recent religion with a different idea what Satan is, in short they see him not as ultimate evil, but symbol of primal nature of humans.

I know, but for what I gather these are only the "official commandments" from Satanism ( LaVey is now the official face of satanism). Other sectary groups seem do not have anything of this kind.And yes, there are still some sectarian cults which still who kidnap and sacrifice children or the ones in Bolivia who buy babies from poor people in other to sacrifice them.
And Bayonetta has one, too? Why does everything have a Pachinko version.
This Pachinko is not new. I saw it already in Kamiya's twitter some years ago.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
It's that time of the year again, the BBC's "Children in Need/Plant Mewn Angen" where several BBC shows like Doctor Who, Strictly Come Dancing and even Fantastic Beasts (and where to find them) all come together to raise money for vulnerable young people in the UK. :thumbsup:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Really hope Reconquest ends up decent, been waiting for a good new RTS title for so long & one that gives me that 90's nostalgia would be most welcome. I want developers to have faith in the RTS genre again...

Top Bottom