• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@DDutchguy
Rebellion is SUPPOSED to be the basic melee weapon. HOWEVER.

- Dance Macabre is arguably the sickest single move in the entirety of Dante's arsenal.

- Its Stinger is the best version, both in normal mode and DT. Especially DT.

- Its Aerial Rave is also the best one.

And also.

Most of the things that make it cool can be attributed to Dante's skill rather than the sword itself being special.

That's exactly why it's so iconic in the series (aside from dat Stinger). Dante's preference towards it and the special tie that links the two to one another.

It's like Vergil and Yamato. Yamato is an impressive sword on its own, yes, but let's be honest, what's the main reason it's memorable amongst fans? The use Vergil does of it. Same with Dante and Rebellion.

DDutchguy

DmC hype
It's like Vergil and Yamato. Yamato is an impressive sword on its own, yes, but let's be honest, what's the main reason it's memorable amongst fans? The use Vergil does of it. Same with Dante and Rebellion.

DMC4 was my first DMC game so I didn't really know it belonged to Vergil. To me the sword was a big deal because of all the cool stuff it could do, how the Order caused all sorts of whack stuff with it, how it's treated as a very big deal by everybody... And then there's Rebellion that feels like a very plain sword, not a weapon that was given to Dante by Sparda himself.

You make a good point on that Dante may prefer it this way though. He does seem like the kind of guy that would rather let his skills do the fighting rather than the sword.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Maybe LuLu isn't such a smart way to go... O_O

At this rate, I wonder if any of the self-pub sites can be trusted? They all seem so good on the surface, and then you find a whole crap pile of complaints and declarations of fraud under that first layer of top soil. :/ The only self-pub venue I know of that is trustworthy (one of the authors I like used it for her series) is Amazon's Createspace.

Still not sure if I'll go for trad or self-pub, but at least my options have been narrowed down some. ._.

+Good gods, child. What's taking you so long? o_O

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I don't subscribe to that. The idea that someone becomes the next whoever or even that someone might be the Mexican, French, German, or whatever version of said American persona has never rubbed me the right way. It's downplaying both.
There is only one Miyasaki, there will never be another, those who'd try would only be immitations and immitations are never good enough. In that same vein there is only one Hosoda, one Shinkai and Anno.
I only said it as a joke since a lot of the big name reviewers are obsessed with describing the above directors as such. Hell, even Miyazaki's son Goro has a completely different style of directing films.

To be fair, the only reason Anno made anything noteworthy is because he went kinda nuts.
EDIT: we are talking about Hideaki Anno, the guy who made Evangelion, right? Otherwise I'll look like a right fool.
Yes, I was referring to Hideaki Anno. I only mentioned him because I was struggling to think of any other famous anime directors. I don't particularly like his Evangelion series. :unsure:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I only said it as a joke since a lot of the big name reviewers are obsessed with describing the above directors as such. Hell, even Miyazaki's son Goro has a completely different style of directing films.
I wasn't wagging my finger at you, just commenting on that whole thing. It's a thing with me.

When I was a kid there was this Mexican comedian named Cantinflas who is one of our cultural icons, he passed away years ago. Once I remember someone on US news, I think, calling him the Mexican Charlie Chaplin and that just made no sense. Their styles of comedy were completely different and it sounded... shallow. What's he like? Well, he's like Charlie Chaplin. No he wasn't. They had very different shticks and even in terms of cultural impact they are not that similar. The fact that you have to compare one to the other just so you don't have to describe them is demeaning to both. Each is unique and bring their own brand of what makes them special to the world.

It just always bothered me since I happened to like them both, and Buster Keaton, too, so when I heard that it was very much a 'wait, what?' moment back then. Hitchcock had something similar happen to him when people kept saying who will be the next Hitchcock. Well, no one, those other director will go to do what they do and be themselves, not a Hitchcock impersonator.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I feel weird entering a give away where the prize is someone writing something for you. It might just be me, but years of roleplaying have taught me that writing other people's characters whilst other people write your characters usually just leads to confusion and anger. (Which probably sounds weird given I mainly write fanfiction and have no problem with fanfics of my characters???) I just don't know if I can hand over my character to someone who knows absolutely nothing about them and trust them to write them well.

Edit: 6k messages! =D

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
*Looks at Wattpad messages* The people hoping for Gwenex to canonically be a thing are going to be very disappointed eight chapters from now... Trust me, people; if I could have swung an alternate ending where, some years later (making her legal age by mortal standards) they could have at least had something, I would have. Alas, it was never intended, and for a plethora of reasons, cannot and will not be.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
*Looks at Wattpad messages* The people hoping for Gwenex to canonically be a thing are going to be very disappointed eight chapters from now... Trust me, people; if I could have swung an alternate ending where, some years later (making her legal age by mortal standards) they could have at least had something, I would have. Alas, it was never intended, and for a plethora of reasons, cannot and will not be.

-lights a tiny candle--quietly chants- Gwenex. Gwenex. Gwenex. Gwenex. Gwenex. Gwenex. Gwenex.

Thinking:
I never really thought Shattered Memories (which I want to shorten to SM, but I have the sense of humor of a child) would actually get a first chapter and lo and behold, it is done. Hmm. Well...given this is kinda a side thing and I'd have to cover 25 years of back story, maybe I should just post as I type chapters up? But, seriously, is anyone other than me invested enough in SA to read about kiddie Logan and Victoria? On one hand: who doesn't love adorably sweet fluff? (Hollow men, that's who. And deathclaws.) On the other: this will probably never be finished and I am probably my main fandom. -plants a flag in front of her for SA--is a party of one- Now what?

+ I wonder if I could bake a crescent roll with an egg in the middle and how it would taste....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@Shadow There is a really good chance I'm going to write an alternate ending, and that said alternate ending will be shared with those few supportive/dedicated people I've been lucky enough to know. ^^ It won't make it into the final cut, but gods know it's played out in my head enough times that it deserves to be written--even if only a few pairs of eyes get to see it.

And however much you write for the series, you know I'll read it. ;)

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
@Shadow There is a really good chance I'm going to write an alternate ending, and that said alternate ending will be shared with those few supportive/dedicated people I've been lucky enough to know. ^^ It won't make it into the final cut, but gods know it's played out in my head enough times that it deserves to be written--even if only a few pairs of eyes get to see it.

And however much you write for the series, you know I'll read it. ;)

YES. =D Speaking of final cuts, do you have anywhere the entire series is posted? Cuz I used to have all the docs saved all nice and neat but now I have no idea where anything is. @_@ Thank you, laptop, for that.

Aww, now I definitely have to write it, huh? Who else is gonna write tiny Logan presiding over stuffed animal court? ;) I will write more fluff if it kills everyone. And this time I'll actually post it! Unlike the texting thing....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
YES. =D Speaking of final cuts, do you have anywhere the entire series is posted? Cuz I used to have all the docs saved all nice and neat but now I have no idea where anything is. @_@ Thank you, laptop, for that.

Aww, now I definitely have to write it, huh? Who else is gonna write tiny Logan presiding over stuffed animal court? ;) I will write more fluff if it kills everyone. And this time I'll actually post it! Unlike the texting thing....

Technology is a fickle beast. ;) Link! https://www.wattpad.com/user/RebelDynasty

Oh my gods, that would be freaking adorable. ^^

CT: When I'm done this, maybe I'll type that explanation up in advance. Give myself time to polish it up and ensure it makes sense for when I need it. ^^;

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I'm thinking about whether I should get a new avatar. The one I have currently does look pretty recognizable, which I like, but I picked it fairly quickly. I feel like I can find something better you know?
I always get the itch about changing avatars. Just today I changed it yet again.

I just can't help myself sometimes, once I changed it four times in a single day. :facepalm:

Top Bottom