• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thoughts on Vergil after seeing VD.

Romy

Has anyone ever thought that Vergil sought out power to avenge his mother by invading demon world?

Don't know if you know this so it might be a spoiler. Don't read ahead if you're not for spoilers.

Vergil basically discarded his mother and left her to rot in a demon world. He actually thinks that it's her fault he became this way. Elaborately, it's not been said, though.

Romy

Yeah, being "emo" is actually two-fold. You can be emo in style, like the dude on that picture, and you can be emo as in you feel like your life sucks and you feel like cutting yourself, basically having a miserable view on yourself and the world which is actually how the emo style came to be, as it is very "THE WORLD SUCKS!", but the style has become very cutified (it's a word, I swear!) like with pink skulls and teddybears etc...

And I don't do compliments well... YOU GUYS SUCK!!! *goes to cut myself* (just kidding, not that kind of emo)

In both descriptions, Dante doesn't have a place so it's basically irrelevant, but ignorant people still use the word. It always cracks me up. :D

IncarnatedDemon

Don't know if you know this so it might be a spoiler. Don't read ahead if you're not for spoilers.

Vergil basically discarded his mother and left her to rot in a demon world. He actually thinks that it's her fault he became this way. Elaborately, it's not been said, though.
I´ve seen VD, i am talking about Vergil not rebooted one.

Romy

I´ve seen VD, i am talking about Vergil not rebooted one.

Well, in that case, it was never hinted in his quotes in such a way. However, it's visible that he regrets not saving her because he was weak. And that's why he's so power-hungry.

Domenic93

Yeah, being "emo" is actually two-fold. You can be emo in style, like the dude on that picture, and you can be emo as in you feel like your life sucks and you feel like cutting yourself, basically having a miserable view on yourself and the world which is actually how the emo style came to be, as it is very "THE WORLD SUCKS!", but the style has become very cutified (it's a word, I swear!) like with pink skulls and teddybears etc...

And I don't do compliments well... YOU GUYS SUCK!!! *goes to cut myself* (just kidding, not that kind of emo)
yah I would say Fingering your heart is very emo,
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcu5w4PDU71qa5c1eo4_1280.jpg
hell you can practically hear Crawling playing in the background when you see it

ZeroLove

yah I would say Fingering your heart is very emo,
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcu5w4PDU71qa5c1eo4_1280.jpg
hell you can practically hear Crawling playing in the background when you see it

Yeah, that image right there has an emo feel to it. He's testing his limits, feeling pain yet living it through. I could imagine Dante having been rather emo as a young teen, as he is being tortured by the demons at the orphanage, not remembering his past other than his parents are probably dead and he is all alone in the world.

But the Dante we see in the game... He is past that. There's nothing emo about him there.

Romy

Guys, Dante and Vergil are nowhere near the word emo. We should drop the emo discussion. They're more like over-confident, arrogant pricks who are very strong. XD

zarion

Vergil's attacks appear to be more ground-based in nature, you won't be performing endlessly long aerial-combos with Vergil.
He doesn't have a single move that sends the enemy flying higher up in the air after performing a successful launch.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Anywho,did either Vergil cross the Moral Event Horizon?
I think OG Vergil never did, not even as Nero Angelo

New Vergil has some crazy ideas, but he hasn't done anything unforgivable yet...unless you count killing the unborn spawn of Satan as "bad"

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?

HAI GUISE IM HERE TO SAY THAT NEW VERGIL IS TOTALLY SLOW AND SUCKS COMPARED TO DMC3!!...

FuN Batman

Well, on topic for a moment, the OP is spot on for the most part. I always felt like Vergil is completely out of character and all around unlikable in any sense or fashion in DmC, but hey, NT doesn't care if anyone hates them.

Character development or good writing isn't really a big part in cashing in on a franchise. (Which failed.)

On another side note, is this DLC free?!

Now back to off topic for a moment! yaaay!
Guys, Dante and Vergil are nowhere near the word emo. We should drop the emo discussion. They're more like over-confident, arrogant pricks who are very strong. XD
original

Also reminds me of this.

167941-235559-Comparisonpng-620x.jpg

tumblr_m5n95kP5O61rvoceao1_1280.jpg

Maybe he's more along the lines of a hipster douche but emo just comes so naturally to him.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
So there you have it. In DmC Vergil basically tells his mother to go to hell while in DMC, she is the reason he became an a-hole. Too much difference, they could've increased the connection between reboot and old series.
That is true and a perfectly viable option but for my personal taste I like them doing something different and making Vergil a true villain and not just anti hero stoic white haired swordsman, basically not making him Sesshomaru from Inuyasha, as much as I love the character his archetype has been done to death. I never really considered DMC Vergil to be evil just misguided and kind of a douche. This one is truly vile and goes from being a misguided a0hole to becoming a demented monster in training. I think NT wants to take ownership of their version of Vergil, he has enough roots to still be considered "Vergil" but in a much darker sinister take on the character.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Hey look the emo thing again.
SCENE. SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE
Emo is everyone, short for Emotional.
Scene is the kids who dress up like that.
also, I do agree, the old design of DmC Dante does look very Scene and annoying..but when compared to DMC3 Dante to the picture on the left, he looks more scene than DmC Dante.
Compare the pic on the left to kids today you see a noticeable comparison.
Black hair does not make a person emo/scene looking, long hair over eyes, complaining about life does.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That is true and a perfectly viable option but for my personal taste I like them doing something different and making Vergil a true villain and not just anti hero stoic white haired swordsman, basically not making him Sesshomaru from Inuyasha, as much as I love the character his archetype has been done to death. I never really considered DMC Vergil to be evil just misguided and kind of a douche. This one is truly vile and goes from being a misguided a0hole to becoming a demented monster in training. I think NT wants to take ownership of their version of Vergil, he has enough roots to still be considered "Vergil" but in a much darker sinister take on the character.
This NT Vergil is borderline psychotic....probably is. His warped view of what happened in his life, his sudden hatred of his mother and telling her he killed Dante just to tear her apart emotionally. He could have killed her, but he did much worse by showing her how twisted he was and leaving her with the knowledge he killed Dante (well fake Dante) and walks away knowing she is trapped in hellish torture.
He's scary in a way the DMC3 Vergil wasn't. The part in dowfall when Vergil says something like 'don't worry mother. Your nightmares are nearly over'. It was chilling the way he said it, totally devoid of emotion. I thought he would kill her.
In a way it reminded me of The Shining film/ novel. The Dad starts off seeming normal-ish, but he changes and then goes totally murdering nuts. I was almost expecting when Vergil met his mother for him to say 'here's Vergil' with a creepy smile. >_<:p

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
He had lines like that in the main game

"We'll try it your way."

"The path is clear for us to rule."

FuN Batman

Hey look the emo thing again.
SCENE. SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE
Emo is everyone, short for Emotional.
Scene is the kids who dress up like that.
also, I do agree, the old design of DmC Dante does look very Scene and annoying..but when compared to DMC3 Dante to the picture on the left, he looks more scene than DmC Dante.
Compare the pic on the left to kids today you see a noticeable comparison.
Black hair does not make a person emo/scene looking, long hair over eyes, complaining about life does.
Kurt Cobain? :D Well, he was grunge not really emo.. :p

Anyways, hair doesn't make you emo. It's the attitude. Whats strange is that the opening of DmC makes you think Dante is still the same witty, carefree, crazy pizza loving guy we all know but as the game actually progresses you just realize he's a real unwitty, traumatized, lazy nightclub loving douche bag.
original.gif

That's what happens when you design a character based around another narcissistic douche bag I suppose though.

dante.jpg

Vergil is just as bad. In the previous DMC games he seemed honorable if not a little misguided. Here he's a borderline retard.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Kurt Cobain? :D Well, he was grunge not really emo.. :p

Anyways, hair doesn't make you emo. It's the attitude. Whats strange is that the opening of DmC makes you think Dante is still the same witty, carefree, crazy pizza loving guy we all know but as the game actually progresses you just realize he's a real unwitty, traumatized, lazy nightclub loving douche bag.
original.gif

That's what happens when you design a character based around another narcissistic douche bag I suppose though.

dante.jpg

Vergil is just as bad. In the previous DMC games he seemed honorable if not a little misguided. Here he's a borderline retard.
I have no clue how you managed to get Kurt Kobain out of that.
More or less, DmC Dante is DMC3 Dante whether you disapprove of that or not. both are assholes, simple as that.
Also, Tam tam over to the left there didn't model that character after him, he just liked the hair and used it for himself. :l he even said if he modeled the character after him his colleagues would of thrown him out the window.
Side note: The R word? really? that's offensive as hell, man. If anything this Vergil is more psychopathic than the old Vergil. Hell, smarter even.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Really? Dude, he's plenty funny in my opinion

"That took forever. Church"

"Breaking news, Bob, you're fired."

"I'm taking you off the air!"

"You don't look a day over 5,000."

And for the last time, he's not based on Tameem. I'm so sick of people saying that. It's seriously starting to annoy me.

Top Bottom