• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thoughts on Vergil after seeing VD.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
*spoilers, you have been warned*

After seeing the cutscenes for VD, I gotta admit that I was really disappointed in the actual story on Vergil's downfall for gaining his power.

1) Where was he transported to? You'd think he would be transported in Limbo, but Limbo has already been collasped into the real world. So my only guess that he's in some form of Hell seeing how Eva is also there as well. (Which imo, doesn't make any sense).

2) How did killing hollow Dante, hollow Kat, and himself in his hollow form, unlock his true power? Most importantly, where did these hollow forms even come from? And why was hollow Vergil helping him out in the first place? And didn't Vergil already unlock his Doppelganger against Dante? Yet you gain this skill after Vergil defeats his hollow form and unlocks his "true power".

I don't get it at all. It sounds like the devs just threw this together for the sake of Vergil's story.

3) After gaining this new-found power . . . he becomes powerful enough to control demons?

....Why?

The place where Dante and Vergil go to get their power is not meant to be explained. Who knows? It could be a realm of Limbo only Nephilim can access. It could be all inside their heads.

Its a mystery for a reason. But here's the truth: They both gained their powers, and that's what matters in an origin story.

Top Bottom