• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dragon Ball FighterZ is not very fun. The game seems to really enjoy completely ignoring me and not acknowledging what I'm inputting 90% of the time. Did nobody tell the devs about the fact that the point of video games is that the characters do what you press?

Problems with how the controls feel are why I don't like Arc System games as well. All of them. What's with their fixation for making the characters slide on the floor with even the smallest input? Did you notice that? It always feels like they're walking over a greasy ass floor.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Spent day at hospital with my father in law & got home finally to sit down with a beer & my TV & Internet are out (posting via 3G on my phone). Service status says issue won’t be resolved until around 11am tomorrow but this is 3rd estimated time fix so far.

They not realise how much of a pain it is being the tech guy in the house? The amount I get it in the neck from my work from home wife who now is behind on her work & my 14 year old gamer step son who can’t play online when I can’t fix things...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
So... the delivery boy dropped my pizza, didn't tell me he dropped it, and I had to discover the fluff on a slice myself. It was obvious that he had dropped it since the box is all smashed up and the pizza all over the place.

First Dominoes. Now Pizza Hut. Fudge you, Pizza Hut.

I'll stick with Hell's Pizza then.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well time to take my monthly bath. Sure it seems a bit irregular, but until the implementation of the bourgeoise’s standards, it was acceptable to do this yearly. Which I myself haven’t done since 2015.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Mario Odyssey could have been great, but honestly it comes off as very lazy made game imho. Considering collectibles are the only prupose of the game, it doesn't add anything good to it, if you forced to do mundane walks back and there without any challenge to get new moons. Considering that many tasks repeat from world to world isn't helping either and moons lying in the open too. And aside from all of it, repeating boss battles are also not really funny or interesting. I just wonder why Mario always gets free pass for stuff that impacted scores of other games.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dude racism has nothing to do with anything. Duel Links players hate on Asian players because it's a known fact that they love using cancerous decks more often than not also exploiting a bugged skill that basically makes them win by deckout. It's as simple as that. They're not hated just for being Asian.

Goldsickle

Trying to read another "other world"/"isekai" manga online.

Several pages in, I see "Merlin-dono" and I closed the tab.
F***ing idiots.

Japanese honorifics do not belong in a medieval western fantasy setting, you dumbf***s.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Hey, self, if we could remember not to scratch our face with the hem of a short shirt whilst wearing said shirt, that'd be great. It'd a good thing I'm home today, or a lot of people would have been flashed by now. >_<

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdo...-phantom-blot-part-new-organization-xiii.html

So I have had a rocky relationship with Kingdom Hearts's main storyline in recent years. Which mimics my relationship with Bleach during the Arrancar saga. You know being really excited in the beginning and really fed up near the end.

I've been trying to let that go because KH3 looks awesome and i'm working to be a writer myself so I don't got time to worry about everyone else's story. But what got me upset was the op's post that i linked above because they paraphrased Nomura saying that he wanted to keep the Disney/FF elements out of main narrative and focus more on the original characters he created.

My response- Nomura you are not writing an "original story", you are writing a multi-fandom crossover fanfic with an OC as the lead. If you wanted to write an original story you should focused on Versus 13 more.

Ugggh!!!:facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
https://forums.khinsider.com/kingdo...-phantom-blot-part-new-organization-xiii.html

So I have had a rocky relationship with Kingdom Hearts's main storyline in recent years. Which mimics my relationship with Bleach during the Arrancar saga. You know being really excited in the beginning and really fed up near the end.

I've been trying to let that go because KH3 looks awesome and i'm working to be a writer myself so I don't got time to worry about everyone else's story. But what got me upset was the op's post that i linked above because they paraphrased Nomura saying that he wanted to keep the Disney/FF elements out of main narrative and focus more on the original characters he created.

My response- Nomura you are not writing an "original story", you are writing a multi-fandom crossover fanfic with an OC as the lead. If you wanted to write an original story you should focused on Versus 13 more.

Ugggh!!!:facepalm::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I kinda disagree there with you. That was mostly always the case with KH games. The only time Disney characters were important to main story was first game. Since than they greatly reduced their importance. With story revolving around mostly original characters / villains.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The way I interpret Nomura's words is, that throughout most of the KH franchise, visiting the Disney worlds mostly involved just recreating the plot of the movie. Now he's trying to move away from that and weave them back into the overarching plot like they were in KH1.

You can see this in the trailer involving the Toy Story world, where it takes place sometime after the second movie and Organisation XIII are abducting Woody's friends for unknown reasons and Sora joins up with the toys to stop them.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Lain
well I'm responding to someone paraphrases his words so hopefully your right.

@Innsmouth
I'm not against the main plot I just wished the Disney aspects weren't just the background. FF I can take or leave.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
How do you initiate civil conversation with someone who's dying but you don't like the guy and never did, but feel compelled to say something while you still can?

So I heard you're on your last legs is all I've got so far. How long would this conversation even last before I say something uncivil. . .

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
SECOND. F***ING. DAY. IN A ROW. 9:30am exactly both times. Neighbours just blaring their music as loud as can be. Never mind that they know I've got an odd sleep schedule. Never mind that yesterday I got maybe 3 hours of sleep before they started this bs. Never mind that I was just laying down to sleep today when they started it today. F***. THERE IS 30ft BETWEEN OUR HOUSES; IF I CAN HEAR IT PERFECTLY CLEAR IN MY BEDROOM THEN YOUR OTHER NEIGHBOURS CAN HEAR IT TOO. I'VE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT WITH A SICK CAT FOR THE SECOND DAY IN A ROW AND I'D LIKE TO SLEEP ONE OF THESE DAYS.

...I'm so tired. -sobs-

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
[Just a disclaimer, this rant is not against anyone on this forum and I have nothing against people that hold religious views]

So, I was chilling - discussing upcoming anime films with friends and the topic ends up on religious themes in a certain anime movie. Eventually the discussion derails into religion itself. Against my better judgement, I continued in the conversation and some of the more opinionated people started to rant against Japan for "promoting atheism" in their films. It eventually devolved into them stating how all atheists are liars and if they truly believed that life was pointless then they should just end their lives...
Hah... thankfully the mods came in and broke up the discussion quickly before it really got out of hand.

Top Bottom