• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I liked the whole Mexican vibe, it was just a bit on the boring side. Not many funny moments and a lot of the kids there were clearly fidgeting and getting fed up.

Have seen Book of Life advertised but wasn't sure - might give it a go.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So somebody I care for and am close to forgot my Birthday. Days later they saw a post of one of my B day gifts and texted me: "I didn't know it was Birthday today, why didn't you tell me?" This, this right here says it all. Yes I admit that people forget birthdays and yadayada. But I'd like to point out that we are close friends.
1. You forgot, 2. You got the date wrong, and 3. have yet to simply write me a "Happy late Birthday" type text. Now we are fighting because she wanted to go eating with me and I declined because I was mad at her. That of course spiraled out of control and now we aren't talking to each other. Writing this out now kind of points out how I fu@ked up. Ah crap.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I'm picturing some sort of Fable-esque bandit raid, personally.

This is exactly what happened. She came out of nowhere. Suddenly the kitchen was on fire and the cabinets were screaming. The potatoes were gone and I was left with the ruins of my former life.

Actually, she just took them out of the fridge while I was sleeping. But, because we're basically out of food and buying more is too expensive so I'm kinda down to one meal a day, I ended up not being able to eat all day...even though she has cans of soup specifically for her that she could have eaten instead of my potatoes. But oh well.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's getting harder and harder not to let my impatience win out. :/ Professional courtesy is the only reason I've kept my counsel up to now. Let's hope my restraint is rewarded, and I don't find myself in that awkward position of having to be a dick about it--because honestly, I really don't want to.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Spider-Man-Homecoming-Marvel-and-Sony-Deal-edited-1.jpg

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So somebody I care for and am close to forgot my Birthday. Days later they saw a post of one of my B day gifts and texted me: "I didn't know it was Birthday today, why didn't you tell me?" This, this right here says it all. Yes I admit that people forget birthdays and yadayada. But I'd like to point out that we are close friends.
1. You forgot, 2. You got the date wrong, and 3. have yet to simply write me a "Happy late Birthday" type text. Now we are fighting because she wanted to go eating with me and I declined because I was mad at her. That of course spiraled out of control and now we aren't talking to each other. Writing this out now kind of points out how I fu@ked up. Ah crap.

And now we are okay because... She ended up needing me...? But the underline issue of her not considering my feelings is left unresolved, the Birthday didn't matter.

Why do I love this girl?

Also yes... I quoted my own post. This scenrero needed closure anyway.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
the Birthday didn't matter.
If you want your birthday to be more important to others, then don't bend over backwards for anyone else.

Or, you can look past this (which is probably what you're going to do) and keep walking down the path you're on.

But if you're going to harbor resentment, then you're setting yourself up for an even more devastating emotional letdown the next time something like this happens.

Women+are+never+satisfied+_799201086b16f7cfe8ed82b11a98dbef.jpg

Top Bottom