• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The one thing people are ****ed off the most at when it comes to the new Fantastic Four movie, is not the fact Doom is an anti social blogger who looks like he's wrapped in duct tape. Not the fact the movie looks nothing like Fantastic Four really. But the fact a black actor is cast as Johnny Storm. Seriously.

This makes me angry. Johnny Storm is a character defined mainly by how he is cocky, charismatic, and a sometimes hot headed thrill seeker. He was never defined by his freaking ethnicity!

Michael B. Jordan is perfectly capable of the role of Johnny Storm. He's a great actor that can definitely pull off that kind of role. Acting like he has to be white, makes you seriously look like a goddamn ignorant asshole with his head too far up his ass. And yea, racist.

Any comic book fan knows these things, like every other f#cking entertainment medium, has changed with the times. It's 2015. These comics were created at a time where diversity wasn't accepted. So please, get your assbackwards way of thinking out of my goddamn fandom because you aren't welcome here.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So my boss suddenly thinks she's a master of psychology and has tried to diagnose me with various mental disorders just because I'm a little different from the average guy. Despite my repeated insistences that my councillor says I'm fine.
*Sigh* At least my other co-workers treat me normally.

Viper

Premium
Jesus ****ing Christ, how many times will the question "where can I read manga online" pop up on Kekkai Sensen wiki? I feel like a goddamn broken record with repeating "you can get raws by searching, but manga was licensed by Dark Horse real fast, so there is no translation save for first volume".
To make matters worse, they just shove the question at any random talk page they happen to see.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
Just because a kid or twins doesn't want to socialize with other kids doesn't mean they have a problem. and if a teacher in school, a phycologist or a therapist said that they do. then these guys are wrong and have no clue of what they are talking about.

I don't even know why these people are saying that. When I was little I didn't like playing with other kids because I was very shy. Not all kids like playing with others.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
News flash, man: if you're truly such a "generous" soul as you claim to be, 1) You wouldn't feel the need to toot your horn about it at every opportunity and 2) You wouldn't use it as an excuse to get ****y with people for not commenting on your journals--especially since people aren't on DA every day, and even if they are? Three to five journals in rapid succession would make anyone--even the most avid of readers--back away.

Not to mention how pompous you've been coming across. Stop bitching about how everyone is misconstruing you because of "their flaws", and take goddamn responsibility for the fact that the way you write things is the reason. It doesn't matter how you meant them--they come off holier than thou.

You know what? Take the effing premium back, if you can/want. I don't like feeling beholden to someone who's been rubbing me the wrong way, as of late--and someone who goes out of their way to tag people as a means of publicly shaming them, just because you didn't agree with what they said.

Go ahead, do the same to me; I. ****ing. Dare. You.

You used to be a nice person--but clearly, you've had a few screws knocked loose, since. Get off your high-horse, and then maybe people will be less put-off by your attitude.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok gotta rant about Arrow season 3. I liked it overall, but some things... some things, man...

First of all, Olicity. I knew it. I knew they would pull that crap out eventually, just to appease the fans. Olicity doesn't work. It's BS and every scene with Oliver and Felicity was cringe worthy.

Second, a Slade Wilson cocktease? Really? Come on!

Third, what's with ****ing Laurel and Diggle being able to take out MEMBERS OF THE LEAGUE OF THE ASSASSINS in hand to hand combat! No! Just no! They're supposed to be the best of the best, and they get beaten by Laurel, who gets hit by street thugs (yes, she gets beaten by thugs even under Nyssa's training)?! Gimme a break!

Fourth, the Flash appearance in season finale is bullshit. I mean come on, Star City is under bio attack and he's like "Can't help, I need to talk to someone"?! What?! You could have resolved everything in 10 seconds! You could have beaten Ra's in 5!

Fifth, that final scene. Driving to the sunset with FELICITY and saying "I'm happy"?! Crappiest ending scene ever.

Funny thing about season 3, it had its good moments, and when they happen, they're REALLY good. But that ending was awful. I hope season 4 will be better.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
What are my plans for today?
Well, the 'out of the ordinary' plan is to have one kid watching movies, I've got mental health team coming over at 2.30 and I need to pick up my other kid from school at 3, and the OTHER kid has a playdate after school so I won't see him until like 5.
So what are your plans for today?
Oh, I'm going to pretend to be working because I'm really just waiting on other people. Then I'm going to see if the Formula 1 is on, and then I'm going to try and get some sleep in. You're not hating me more as I'm talking, are you? I worked to get myself into this situation.

Like. No. Of course I'm not ****ed off. Why would I be? It's not like the reason you're working from home today is TO HELP ME, or anything.
I'm soooooooo ****ing tempted to call his manager and tell her, listen, he's not helping me much with my depression, which is the reason he put in remote-work days, actually he's just making it worse, so please retract your consent and have him come into work 5 days a week.

What a ****ing chop. You know, I shouldn't HAVE to ask for his help at this point. Instead of saying "I'm going to take it easy today because I deserve it and I worked for it", how about saying "I've got plans, but if you need me to help you with anything, that's what I'm here for."

But no. Because you know what, Mr. Perfect? You're NOT ****ing perfect.

Asshat.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I would kindly ask crows currently residing on trees beside my building to shut up already! You've been screeching since morning, it's worse than reading internet discussions! Just... agree to disagree or whatever will make you knock it off!

Er...it might not be...arguing, if you get my meaning. xD

CRT: Uh-oh...is this going to be one of those sore throats that disappears by the end of the day, like last time, or am I getting sick? o_O

Also...why is Poker Face stuck in my head? I don't even like that song, yet no matter how many songs I've listened to since last hearing it (a movie I recently watched) it won't go away. :'(

Top Bottom