• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I am fully expecting "did you find a boyfriend yet" as well. And I don't know the polite way to make this question stop.

*shrugs* I could take Croatian lessons and pretend to be your guy in front of your parents, if that would make the annoyance stop.

Rant: I am not a believer, I'm here cause a relative is marrying, so why you try to convince me to go take "the body of Christ", because "why not"? I may be atheist but I respect Religion and I think that is something too significant to be done just because.

Viper

Premium
*shrugs* I could take Croatian lessons and pretend to be your guy in front of your parents, if that would make the annoyance stop.

Rant: I am not a believer, I'm here cause a relative is marrying, so why you try to convince me to go take "the body of Christ", because "why not"? I may be atheist but I respect Religion and I think that is something too significant to be done just because.
I appreciate the offer, but once interrogation starts it would be a very short deception. And it would also be a start of a very torturous string of joking remarks.

On your thing... I was told it would actually be blasphemous to receive the body of Christ if you are not active believer who went through all the required rituals, so who ever told you "why not?" is definitely wrong.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin

@Viper is right on this one - Bible expressly states nonbelievers should not take communion.

Rant: get off your sanctimonious high horse, sweetheart. You are not better than me or super holy or Jesus's special little sunbeam just because you have had some sort of spiritual boom lately. I don't go to church because with the kids I have, I just can't. You're the reason why I would never go back with that self righteous attitude. You're your father's daughter alright.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
@Angel Not my area of law but
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Patients' Rights

Look under "right to treatment", pretty much every country with a decent legal system has something like that, get an attorney in that area of law, have them look it over and see what they can do. If it did legally quality as an emergency, then it's a serious lawsuit

Last edited:

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why?
I've never had one, but they look really tasty.
Because. Issues.

+My fabric bra is giving me more support than he is right now.
First I'm told off for trying to talk to him when he's grumpy (which is basically all the time) and advised to wait for when he's in a better mood.
Then I'm told off for trying to talk to him when he's in a good mood, and basically accused of trying to sabotage his mood.
And look. I won't say 'Can I talk to you' unless it actually IS important, considering I'm very quiet around friends and him and only speak when I have something IMPORTANT or valuable to say. Otherwise I shut up. So for him to say 'no, not right now, I'm just getting to a happy mood, don't ruin it for me, unless it's really important'.

Yeah. Nah. **** you, sweetie.

And then he wonders why I say I can't ever talk to him.
I think I'm just going to go for a long, long, long walk.

mrrandomlulz

Because. Issues.

+My fabric bra is giving me more support than he is right now.
First I'm told off for trying to talk to him when he's grumpy (which is basically all the time) and advised to wait for when he's in a better mood.
Then I'm told off for trying to talk to him when he's in a good mood, and basically accused of trying to sabotage his mood.
And look. I won't say 'Can I talk to you' unless it actually IS important, considering I'm very quiet around friends and him and only speak when I have something IMPORTANT or valuable to say. Otherwise I shut up. So for him to say 'no, not right now, I'm just getting to a happy mood, don't ruin it for me, unless it's really important'.

Yeah. Nah. **** you, sweetie.

And then he wonders why I say I can't ever talk to him.
I think I'm just going to go for a long, long, long walk.
Do you want me to look into some marital law and tell you whether or not you're eligible for a divorce lawyer?

Exejpgwmv

I gotta volunteer job at my local public Defenders office to help apply for law school, because of that, I've read a crapload of law stuff and am now fluent in legalese
Then there is only one logical question to ask.

Are we going to see the real life equivalent of Edgeworth or Phoenix Wright, in a couple of years?

mrrandomlulz

A few, yes. Although, like everything else, Japan's judicial system is ahead of the US one
Also, we've already HAD a real equivalent to Edgeworths ruthless style in the form of Benjamin F. Butler
That guy backed down to nothing: once when reminded the witness on opposing counsel (whom he believed guilty of perjury if I remember correctly) was a Harvard professor, he simply stated
"I know... We hanged one yesterday."
http://biography.yourdictionary.com/benjamin-franklin-butler
That's okay. I don't trust lawyers.
To quote a witness whose cross examiner was trying to trick him into denouncing his own job (masonry)
:
"They're just like lawyers, some are good, some are rotten"
Said cross examiner got laughed out because of how bad the witness burned him.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Okay I need to get this outta my system.

I decided to replay DmC on my friend's Xbox we sat there and I said "Why not it's been a while"...

Should have skipped the cutscenes tho, cause rewatching them reminded me of how poorly done the references to the originals were done. It's cool that you wanna reference the originals but DO IT RIGHT! Don't start well and embarass yourself and the game you're referencing 1 second after!

Maybe the one I hated the most was the Dante/Poison dialogue. What Dante tells her about her age is obviously a reference to Nero's line with Berial - "Wanna make it another two thousand?", which was cool but DUDE the followup was so bad and ruined the reference so much! In DMC4 you get Nero and Berial clashing the tip of their swords and then Berial saying "You will suffer the wrath of Berial, the conqueror of the Fire Hell!" and BOOM blast of fire armor. In DmC you get a F you challenge and vomit. Oh c'mon GTFO are you serious?

No I'm sorry but the only cool references are the achievements' names. Enough said.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Panic-Keyboard-Public-Domain-460x325.jpg

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I fail to see the humour in you sneaking through the back of the closet when I'm busy hanging clothes up and pushing your hand through the clothes at me. No, I didn't hear or see you sneak through the back. All I saw was your damn hand coming at me like some ****ing horror ****. NO, it's not funny, I'm already struggling to distinguish between reality and my mind messing with me, but you wouldn't know that would you, since it's never a bloody good time to talk to you when I need to.
You have impeccable timing to decide to scare me, mate. Really. The fact that my reaction wasn't to punch you or grab your hand and yank you out of there is proof enough that I'm not myself. The fact that I froze and screamed and started crying? You ought to know me by now. You should know I'm not alright.

And thanks. Now I'm secretly petrified to go into closets. My heart starts racing and I feel like crying when I have to. Thanks a lot. Asshat.

Top Bottom