• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

That flashback *Spoiler warning*

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Guys you don’t all have to jump down @Carlos throat just for the post he made. And yes, Trish WAS a demon created by Mundus but what if he used actual parts of Eva like her soul or something and embodied them into Trish when he created her? DMC can be very vague and just saying “I created an image of your mother” to sum up how Trish came into existence is not hugely explanatory and from memory was something that wasn’t really touched upon. So I can agree that although she is a demon created by Mundus that perhaps there could be some logic to assume that Eva’s soul/spirit whatever you want to call it could also be within Trish when Mundus created her. It’s not a far fetched theory and would further implicate Mundus’ hatred towards the Sparda bloodline because he didn’t just create something that was in her image he would’ve created something that essentially is/was Eva only evil and demonic.

Either way it doesn’t matter if any of what’s been said holds any weight or not. The point is not to have a go at people for thinking or believing something might be different.
Eva it's not Trish, that's simply a fact, it useless to think otherwise... The game it's not vogue about it, it's clearly stated that way... I don't go against other people thought but when something Is simply a fact it is useless to say otherwise...

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Speaking of that flashback - that combined with Dante saying to Urizen about how Eva didn't abandon Vergil in favour of Dante... does that mean we can finally discard that headcanon that Vergil wanted power because he felt he couldn't protect his mother???

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Speaking of that flashback - that combined with Dante saying to Urizen about how Eva didn't abandon Vergil in favour of Dante... does that mean we can finally discard that headcanon that Vergil wanted power because he felt he couldn't protect his mother???

yes but it also confirms another thing. Vergil wanted power because he pretty much was left to fend for himself against demons unlike apparently Dante. It's like it reverse story from DmC.

Vergil95

I think he wanted power because he want to protect himself because like v say he was alone and only wanted to be loved, and all he did, he just did it to survive

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Eva it's not Trish, that's simply a fact, it useless to think otherwise... The game it's not vogue about it, it's clearly stated that way... I don't go against other people thought but when something Is simply a fact it is useless to say otherwise...

You basically listenened to absolutely nothing that I said. Everyone is entitled to come up with their own theories about certain circumstances because DMC practically welcomes that. And yes we all know that Trish isn’t Eva and was created by Mundus but they don’t ever really say how now do they? I could just assume whatever logic I like in regards to that matter. So @Carlos has every right to make up possible scenarios concerning Trish’s creation outside of in-game canon explaination which we were provided with as “I made her in your mother’s image”. That is, to me at least, quite vague.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's not out of the realm of possibility that evas essence was captured and used for Trish, since Mundus went after them

I agree. There could be more to link Eva and Trish together than simply Trish being the spitting image of Eva.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Maybe her essence was bonded to an existing demon , and that is what makes Trish the wild woman she is and why Dante keeps her around

It may also be what humanises Trish to be on the side of good , since she is a pure demon

But she isn't physically Eva is what we are getting at

Man people are getting quite heated on here lately ha ha

Vergil95

You basically listenened to absolutely nothing that I said. Everyone is entitled to come up with their own theories about certain circumstances because DMC practically welcomes that. And yes we all know that Trish isn’t Eva and was created by Mundus but they don’t ever really say how now do they? I could just assume whatever logic I like in regards to that matter. So @Carlos has every right to make up possible scenarios concerning Trish’s creation outside of in-game canon explaination which we were provided with as “I made her in your mother’s image”. That is, to me at least, quite vague.
We can argue about things like if sparda is alive or not... Or what are vergil motivation or other things in dmc universe... But not about things that are clearly stated by dmc 1 and if you read dmc 5 before the nightmare novel and probably you didn't read this novel since it is clearly state here Tha Trish was created by mundus in the image of sparda wife since the al mighty mundus can crest all he want like he created the blitz, the frost and the blade

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m really not going to reiterate my point but yes it is still something you can theorise in my opinion. That’s all I’m going to say o_O

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
The basic gist of what lord.of darkness is saying is , as unique individuals with our own ability to think for ourselves and believe what we want to , we are all free to theorise what we like even against stated fact

Everything is open to interpretation and being negative towards a person for not conforming to that isn't very nice

We know the facts , but let people imagine what they will (it's fun)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Be nice if we could get an answer on that for definite lol

Hopefully in a DMC x Bayonetta game ;).

I'd say 5's reveal has more weight because its the actual text.

However, you can make both work because close relationships are complicated. He could have had both thoughts about Eva in the span of his life and that affected how he choose to live his life.

Vergil95

The basic gist of what lord.of darkness is saying is , as unique individuals with our own ability to think for ourselves and believe what we want to , we are all free to theorise what we like even against stated fact

Everything is open to interpretation and being negative towards a person for not conforming to that isn't very nice

We know the facts , but let people imagine what they will (it's fun)
Ok... So as you theory say I can image anithing? So I can image Tha Nero is dante son and lady I dante sister? This theory as no sense... Yes every people had his on thought and it's right to think what they belive but not about state fact

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I agree. There could be more to link Eva and Trish together than simply Trish being the spitting image of Eva.
IT's possible, but I think Trish mentions that she's just demon from netherworld, meaning she's most likely doesn't have any human parts aside from her look.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya vergil95 buddy the point is this is a friendly forum about a series we love , if u want a heated argument u can always join Reddit

Relax a bit man , life is short

Vergil95

Ya vergil95 buddy the point is this is a friendly forum about a series we love , if u want a heated argument u can always join Reddit

Relax a bit man , life is short
I m relaxed but you can't imagine things that does not exist, and since I love this series, I think it s uselless to say thing that are not stated in game

Vergil95

Then agree to disagree with people , u don't need to condescend
I can agree and disagree yes... But you can't tell me things like: Eva is Trish, or lady is vergil sister Ecc and expect me to say OK you are right... It's simply non sensical... End of the question for me...

Top Bottom