• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

That flashback *Spoiler warning*

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry but I didn't even read this post since you continue write Virgil instead of vergil... I can't take you seriously

Why are you replying to him then?

Sorry but if you couldn’t be bothered to take someone else’s point into consideration you should not have replied yourself.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Why are you replying to him then?

Sorry but if you couldn’t be bothered to take someone else’s point into consideration you should not have replied yourself.
I already told him to write vergil not Virgil 5 time and him no the only one telling him this... I take his point into consideration if you read the previous post... The point it's not his opinion it s the fact I write Virgil and that's weird XD

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I already told him to write vergil not Virgil 5 time and him no the only one telling him this... I take his point into consideration if you read the previous post... The point it's not his opinion it s the fact I write Virgil and that's weird XD

That really is not the point. You can’t control what others type and if it was an inconvenience to you over someone spelling something wrong or how they wish to spell it then you have every right NOT to reply to them. But replying simply to tell them you’re not reading/listening to their points is unacceptable.

Don’t reply to someone in future if your own response adds little to nothing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Funny thing is the flashback confirmed a headcanon i had about Dante during Eva's death. I figured he probably hid while it happened. I thought it be something Vergil wouldn't let him forget.

With Vergil i don't think it confirmed anything i had but gave me new info to sort through.

Vergil95

That really is not the point. You can’t control what others type and if it was an inconvenience to you over someone spelling something wrong or how they wish to spell it then you have every right NOT to reply to them. But replying simply to tell them you’re not reading/listening to their points is unacceptable.

Don’t reply to someone in future if your own response adds little to nothing.
I think someone should tell people if they are spelling a character name wrong since I can't write dande with the d if his name is dante, and I read what he says since I replayed to him many times, my post didn't want to offend him or else or create chaos I simply say that even if I read what he says I can't take him serious since he wrote Virgil instead of vergil, and since he replayed to me I simply tell what I think...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think someone should tell people if they are spelling a character name wrong since I can't write dande with the d if his name is dante, and I read what he says since I replayed to him many times, my post didn't want to offend him or else or create chaos I simply say that even if I read what he says I can't take him serious since he wrote Virgil instead of vergil, and since he replayed to me I simply tell what I think...

Yeah but telling someone what you think isn’t always the best thing. Like I said if you don’t like the way he spells something then simply choose not to respond to him. Don’t reply just to say you’re not going to reply to his points.

All of this is over something quite minor if I say so myself. Anyway, let’s move on now shall we.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
You ever think or realize that Virgil is the exact inspiration for the name of "Vergil"?

I do understand that. Which makes it even worse, since I'm a Croatian, and in Croatian it is spelled "Vergilije". In original Latin it is also "Vergilius", and both these spellings I am far more familiar with than I am with English one. Which makes a question why did English spelling introduce that completely unnecessary change? It just doesn't make any sense.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I do understand that. Which makes it even worse, since I'm a Croatian, and in Croatian it is spelled "Vergilije". In original Latin it is also "Vergilius", and both these spellings I am far more familiar with than I am with English one. Which makes a question why did English spelling introduce that completely unnecessary change? It just doesn't make any sense.
Interesting. I learned something new. There's more than one interpretation of Virgil or similar synonyms. :)

Vergil95

You ever think or realize that Virgil is the exact inspiration for the name of "Vergil"?
In the game is written vergil, i know that it takes inspiration from the Italian poet Virgilio and since I am Italian I know but in the game is written vergil, so the Canon name is vergil...

Last edited:

Taramafor

Going to be blunt here. I got bigger things on my mind then how a name is spelt at times.

That's it. There's reasons, there's explanations, but I'm not going to justify myself. Suffice to say it's been a long and stressful week. If someone wants to avoid me for that, let them.

Yeah but telling someone what you think isn’t always the best thing.
I'd rather be aware then not. Nico hasn't discovered how to read minds yet. That said this conversation is derailing the topic. So let's get back on track.

Personally I'm quite interested in what Picard brought up. That's actually new news to me. I also say that Vergil would only sleep with someone he has STRONG feelings for. Considering how well guarded he is. Dante on the other hand seems like the type to get closer more easily (Trish and Mary are pretty good indicators of that). He's more open book. We can also combine this with what Nero says (basically Kyrie and Credo was all he had). It sounds like where Vergil was closer to whoever Nero's mother was, Nero himself never even knew her at all. Somewhere before 3s events, The EARLIEST timeline that we see, she, for whatever reason, falls off the radar.

Whatever the case, Vergil knew this woman. Whoever she is/was. Depending on wherever she's alive or not. Due to her complete and total absence, and due to Vergil's personality and Nero not even knowing her, it seems more likely she's dead. One morbid thought is that Vergil killed her himself, but that doesn't add up with what we know (plus Vergil is a little too chill now). However, if that happened unintentionally, directly or indirectly, (The game Chaos Legion serves as a good template for this. Also made by Capcom) then it could add up. The same company did it before, they could do it again. When done right it's pretty damn effective. If they do take that approach though then they'd have to hide Nero when he's a baby or something. Because Vergil didn't know about Nero.

Then there's the theory of Nero's mother is hiding as a hermit for whatever reason. Likely unknown even to Vergil (which means she has a LOT of explaining to do). Which could make for an interesting story. But it's easier to have her died and work with that. it's a path that focuses more on the action and less on the storytelling (And DMC is all about the action). Flashbacks, likely while playing as Vergil, also work. Which seems to be the middle ground. In that case I'd expect to play as Vergil in the present as well as the past. It makes it easier to add story structure with the gameplay mechanics without sacrificing either area.

The way I see the next game turning out is a bit of "past Vergil" and "present Vergil" with some conflicted feelings to go through, and then fighting Dante at which point we play as him and fight Vergil, with Nero somewhere in the middle and at the end to wrap up some darker threat plot (hopefully playing as Vergil in the last mission). We also had a "past Dante" and "present Dante" in 5 so that could be an indicator it's the approach they're going with. Doing a bit of a "in the past thing" right now means they have practice to get more detailed with it later. Flashbacks seem to be a thing that DMC has picked up and is using more. Given the fact Capcom has picked up good ideas from the reboot and implemented them in 5 (V and core gameplay mechanics) it wouldn't surprise me if they do a flashback thing in 6. And who better to do that with then Vergil to explain Nero's mother?

Top Bottom