• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

That flashback *Spoiler warning*

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Anybody who hasn't played as far as mission 10 *spoiler warning* also, I myself am on mission 12. So nooobody say anything about it or post. So in-regards to Dante's flashback to his mom's death. Given Vergil's disregard towards his human side as a weakness and view of humanity in-general. Does anyone besides me find it very heartbreaking that Eva died, instead of maybe running or hiding with Dante, because she was looking for him?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yes it was a tough moment , kind of makes me wish that night was playable or fully shown too

Or we had some prequel sparda game

They are so vague on lots of details about it all

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm glad that the game did give clarity on what happened that night. We finally get to see Eva and we learned how Dante got the name Redgrave. Bringing back his past as a mercenary is a win in my book.

I'm just sad it didn't happen sooner.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought the story is nodding at Trish being Eva. Pay attention to the body language and attitudes. Trish seems to know a lot about the demons. Way too much. In the past DMC games, you wouldn't notice this. But here, I did.

Besides that, she said it right there in the flashback "change your name," Dante didn't listen, and went on with his life as demon. Vergil, too. So, I think Eva took it upon herself to change her name. I doubt that Vergil killed Eva, or Eva died. I think Dante realizes this, too. Both Nero and Dante. In the scene where Dante saves Trish, you notice that Dante turns his head away from the screen. Like I said before: Body language.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Carlos
I guess maybe Mundus used Eva's body to create Trish? Maybe she is a lightning demon possessing Eva's corpse?

I don't think Trish knowing a lot about demons is a sign she's Eva. She's a demon who served Mundus she should know the most out of the main cast. We don't know how much Eva knows about demons to make that call. We barely know anything about Eva other than she was Dante and Vergil's mom/Sparda's wife.

the most she's been developed is actually from Bayonetta.

Dante did change his name tho, he became tony redgrave for a while.

Last edited:

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I thought the story is nodding at Trish being Eva. Pay attention to the body language and attitudes. Trish seems to know a lot about the demons. Way too much. In the past DMC games, you wouldn't notice this. But here, I did.

Besides that, she said it right there in the flashback "change your name," Dante didn't listen, and went on with his life as demon. Vergil, too. So, I think Eva took it upon herself to change her name. I doubt that Vergil killed Eva, or Eva died. I think Dante realizes this, too. Both Nero and Dante. In the scene where Dante saves Trish, you notice that Dante turns his head away from the screen. Like I said before: Body language.
Dude....Trish is a demon Mundus created to look like Eva to manipulate Dante. Anyone who played DMC1 knows that. Also, he did listen, that's why Dante, for a time, went by the name Tony Redgrave (pointed out by Morrison in his letter)

Methix

Anybody who hasn't played as far as mission 10 *spoiler warning* also, I myself am on mission 12. So nooobody say anything about it or post. So in-regards to Dante's flashback to his mom's death. Given Vergil's disregard towards his human side as a weakness and view of humanity in-general. Does anyone besides me find it very heartbreaking that Eva died, instead of maybe running or hiding with Dante, because she was looking for him?

Funny thing is, vergil now realizes his human side is what makes him strong and he finally accepted it which has redeemed him in a way also his son the fact he has one will only make it have more effect now. also i think vergil can become the most powerful being in the dmc universe if he has something to fight for besides himself when he has accepted his humanity.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Funny thing is going back to Dante/Vergil's childhood home did remind me of DmC a bit.
The director of dmc 5 hideki hitsuno sayd in an interview that the reboot help them a lot in some choices they do for dmc5... Intact this dmc 5 in some way is more like the reboot, like the camera angle, and some design choice of the environment, like secret and hidden path

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
When you mention it, game does feature same level structure as DmC, being completely linear and only featuring some secret areas inbetween. But it's not bad imho, since running around looking where to go next only broke pacing for me in previous titles. I just wish levels were more colorfull.

Vergil95

When you mention it, game does feature same level structure as DmC, being completely linear and only featuring some secret areas inbetween. But it's not bad imho, since running around looking where to go next only broke pacing for me in previous titles. I just wish levels were more colorfull.
Infact I loved dmc reboot and this too

Vergil95

Trish was a demon created by mundus to look like Eva to lure dante to mallet Island so nelo Angelo would fight him and defeat him, it's stated both in dmc 1 and dmc 5 before the nightmare... Eva is not Trish... Trish know many things about the demon world because she lived there all her life

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Guys you don’t all have to jump down @Carlos throat just for the post he made. And yes, Trish WAS a demon created by Mundus but what if he used actual parts of Eva like her soul or something and embodied them into Trish when he created her? DMC can be very vague and just saying “I created an image of your mother” to sum up how Trish came into existence is not hugely explanatory and from memory was something that wasn’t really touched upon. So I can agree that although she is a demon created by Mundus that perhaps there could be some logic to assume that Eva’s soul/spirit whatever you want to call it could also be within Trish when Mundus created her. It’s not a far fetched theory and would further implicate Mundus’ hatred towards the Sparda bloodline because he didn’t just create something that was in her image he would’ve created something that essentially is/was Eva only evil and demonic.

Either way it doesn’t matter if any of what’s been said holds any weight or not. The point is not to have a go at people for thinking or believing something might be different.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
True I suppose , although surely with IP property the bayo Devs would need permission from capcom about Eva being used/mentioned in game since it's part of her story arc?

Top Bottom