• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So how come "f you" is the first thing people use

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
No I meant bare minimum as in when you boil down to it, the F word is just a word. Plus that goes back to what I said before. There are plenty other games that have the same, if not, worse swearing as DmC and their first impression WAS swearing but they were met with good words from gamers.
Well it maybe because part of DMC older crowd belong to people who don't play those games? I don't think it necessary to get angry on them because they don't like this kind of things. You know different strokes etc.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well it maybe because part of DMC older crowd belong to people who don't play those games? I don't think it necessary to get angry on them because they don't like this kind of things. You know different strokes etc.

I know. But a swear is a swear. We've heard "damn" "crap" "hell" but then we get to the anime and hear "son of a bitch" "sh!t" and "asshole". Are you telling me that the fandom can't handle the F word and say it's too far? We've been slowly accumulating to it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I know. But a swear is a swear. We've heard "damn" "crap" "hell" but then we get to the anime and hear "son of a bitch" "sh!t" and "asshole". Are you telling me that the fandom can't handle the F word and say it's too far? We've been slowly accumulating to it.
It's kinda different. For example in Supernatural they throw occasional swear, and you have Breaking Bad where Jessie throws B*tch after each word. They have different vibe, that's all. So if they changed vibe, certain amount of dislike was to be expected. (beside i still think it strange they picked one of the most sweary parts as representative for the game)

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
It's kinda different. For example in Supernatural they throw occasional swear, and you have Breaking Bad where Jessie throws B*tch after each word. They have different vibe, that's all. So if they changed vibe, certain amount of dislike was to be expected. (beside i still think it strange they picked one of the most sweary parts as representative for the game)

Yeah, The Hunter's part should've been in the demo, since it's the least spoiler-y and not bad.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well this was a different take on Dante. So the hatred/backlash that he swore instead of come up with a witty one liner is a bit silly.

Almost as silly as making a big deal out of why it even matters if he did/didn't swear.

Like Meg said, there are better things to discuss.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Actually the SPN fandom wouldn't mind swearing. But those television shows have an excuse; they're on television. So they CAN'T swear too hard.

GF9000000Returns

Yeees, that's right. DmC Dante's swearing is like Shadow the Hedgehog(sub-par game at best) having guns, saying dammit, and swords *obvious sarcasm*

Original Dante's the man when he grabs chicks and f*ck em, but this Dante's a low-life for doing the same.
Original Dante's a G when he does drugs, but this Dante's a dirty fool for doing the same.
Original Dante's cool when he swears, but this Dante's an immature tw*t for doing the same, and for that, the game deserves a 3/10.

Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you.

*lol* All joking aside, I also agree that we need to stop feeding those trolls attention and just enjoy the game. But I still question why is it like that? Why are some GROWN-ASS gamers(20 and up) so offended when there is "real" cussing in a DMC game, or in some other rated M games in general? I understand that it'd kinda be effed up if other games like Mario had that, but ON A GAME THAT IS RATED "M"? I said this before and I'll say it again, this ain't kindergarten, everytime somebody says a bad word, they go "OOOOOOH I'm telling on you!" Grow up.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well so maybe you just need to get over it? I won't run all over internet attacking anyone who dislikes what I like.

Are you implying that I run all over the internet attacking anyone who dislikes what I like? Because that's retarded. Any running around I do is to keep myself informed of things that are of interest to me, y'know, like people do. Running into the same dissenters along the way is purely the insanity of those dissenters. They're the ones going out of their way, not me.

I think you defended game so long, that you basically attack any shadow. As for "brings up to you" it's basically like say "don't speak till asked". Sorry it's borders with oppressing point of view.

It's hardly oppressive. It's to the effect that bringing in your vitriol while people are trying to have a decent, positive discussion is useless, unwarranted, and ultimately should be met with a big ol' "Who gives a sh!t what you have to say?". No one is obligated to even acknowledge what you have to say.

To put it extremely simply, the Freedom of Speech does not mean anyone has to listen to you.

This is still public forum of franchise, not public forum of DmC. Also if this is your logic it won't stops people who hate DMC4 to hang around it's board. So why don't you go and tell them not to? Oh, wait, I know, it's not about DmC.

The forums are segregated you f#cking dolt. If someone doesn't like DmC, they don't have to come anywhere near this subforum. F#ck, are you for real right now?

As for stadium it's really bad point, since it's more than often fans of one team booing it's oponents. and if you try to attack them...well I knew few hardcore football fans and they are not very nice people, so it's probably would end up with a fight

Here's a prime example of you deviating from the discussion and dragging things along. Booing another team was not my point at all.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
to describe the reboot, even though it was only said twice by Dante?
Because the old fans who feel hard done by feel like Tameem pulled the finger at their moaning. And correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of them felt like the reboot was a big f you to the old fanbase. This should be common knowledge, where have you been hiding?

Also, to be frank, the swearing isn't even excessive, he swears like normal person would.
There are a few f yous that show up in-game as part of the 'city' chasing Dante. And I'm sorry but to be frank, I haven't heard anyone use the term 'what in the ****ty hell is this'. That's just going overboard. There's nothing wrong with 'what the hell is this' but then that would be too close to quoting original Dante for NT, nevermind that it's a cliché and everyone uses it, we'll throw a curse word in there to grind it down.
I mean really, I don't know if anyone else feels as I do, but that line just...nope. it doesn't work. WHY, NT, WHY?!
Oh, and anime Dante didn't go out of his way to swear. He did as an emotional response to something or someone, ie, anger, annoyance, etc. Not just for the hell of it like DmC Dante does.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's "What in the sh!tting hell is going on here." :p Like most swearing, it's done emphatically.

However, a lot of Dante's cussing in DmC was emotional responses too. He really hates demons, they elicit feelings of hatred and anger in him, and he's just generally a slightly angry individual :p

Sometimes swearing can be played for humor, though, like his reaction to the vats in the Virility factory.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually the SPN fandom wouldn't mind swearing. But those television shows have an excuse; they're on television. So they CAN'T swear too hard.
Eh, shows had to take more freedom, imo. Breaking Bad wasn't afraid and it payed off
Are you implying that I run all over the internet attacking anyone who dislikes what I like? Because that's retarded. Any running around I do is to keep myself informed of things that are of interest to me, y'know, like people do. Running into the same dissenters along the way is purely the insanity of those dissenters. They're the ones going out of their way, not me.
You still participate in screaming contest, making you not better than them.

It's hardly oppressive. It's to the effect that bringing in your vitriol while people are trying to have a decent, positive discussion is useless, unwarranted, and ultimately should be met with a big ol' "Who gives a sh!t what you have to say?". No one is obligated to even acknowledge what you have to say.
Well works both way. Do you really think I'm really interested to hear your complaining on all other DMC boards. They are just as useless, but it won'T stop you. So before you tell me to stfu, why don't you set an example.

To put it extremely simply, the Freedom of Speech does not mean anyone has to listen to you.
Don't like, don't listen. There is ignore button down there. But stop derailing threads because you somehow see ghosts in every corner, and act as if I shot your dog.

The forums are segregated you f#cking dolt. If someone doesn't like DmC, they don't have to come anywhere near this subforum. F#ck, are you for real right now?
And stop breaking rules. I'm tired from your cussing and it breaks forum rules. So I don't even bother reading it.

Here's a prime example of you deviating from the discussion and dragging things along. Booing another team was not my point at all.
Don'T even start this bull. Once again stop derailing threads and take responsibility for your own wording, since if you can't , don't bother setting lame examples.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
And I bet no one batted an eye to the cussing with THESE shows.

Sorry DM, but that's kind of a straw-man argument, there. As you can see from the vast majority of the posts, it's not the cursing really that bothered people. Some may have felt it was, others merely used it as an excuse to bash the game. Mostly what people find fault with is the context of the cursing (I'm not saying me, personally; I honestly don't care).

Don't know the first show; love the hell out of Black Lagoon. Pretty much adore Revy and Mr. Chang, and obviously in liking Revy, it would be blatantly hypocritical to be okay with her level of swearing, and not DmC Dante's.

I get the point you're trying to make though--if people love Black Lagoon, or any other show with such levels of vulgarity, how can they complain about the vulgarity in DmC? I get that. Still, it's a straw-man maneuver, given neither that first show, nor Black Lagoon, are the topic of discussion.

Just sayin', not trying to pick a fight, or anything.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You still participate in screaming contest, making you not better than them.

Once again, you're missing the point. This is about the fact that they seek out what they don't like.

Well works both way. Do you really think I'm really interested to hear your complaining on all other DMC boards. They are just as useless, but it won'T stop you. So before you tell me to stfu, why don't you set an example.

Slight difference between my criticism, especially since I still love the entire series, as opposed to people who hate the game, and flock to the DmC forum and spout literal bullsh!t at times, passing it as fact.

Don't like, don't listen. There is ignore button down there. But stop derailing threads because you somehow see ghosts in every corner, and act as if I shot your dog.

How the f#ck do you ignore that sh!t when it is forced down your throat and is literally what derails discussions?! Ignoring is a nice function, but maybe people should stop acting like self-entitled shi!ts instead - oh wait, it's the internet, where being a complete f#cking sh!t is supposed to be accepted as the norm.

Or, since you bring up the rules, mods would certainly love it for people to have some actual common courtesy, instead of feeling like it's everyone else's problem.

And stop breaking rules. I'm tired from your cussing and it breaks forum rules. So I don't even bother reading it.

Theeeeeeen report me? Or, I'd imagine if it was really as important of a rule, the mods who have gone through many of the discussions I have taken part and "cussed" in would have already talked to me about it.

Don'T even start this bull. Once again stop derailing threads and take responsibility for your own wording, since if you can't , don't bother setting lame examples.

You are just an atrociously horrible reader. You completely ignored the subject of the sentence. Seriously. I said absolutely nothing about "booing another team". You are legitimately wrong here.

Top Bottom