• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

increase of spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keaton

Premium
Temp. Mod may be a suitable idea, although how feasible it actually is, is a toughie.
But hey, all these ideas deserve looking into ^^

Until then, all I can suggest is keep on Reportin' ;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The appointment of potential moderators is something that will be discussed in the staff area if and when it becomes necessary - however, if people can suggest members who are regular, mature and not prone to taking things uber-personally (or taking sides) from different time zones then that would help us with our deliberations.

If members offer up suitable candidates, there is a stronger chance you'll listen to that person if and when they become a mod. But please don't just bring up your best buddies ;)

Let it be known, however, that if new staff are appointed they are required to do their job but not go power mad. Also that any prolonged unexplained absence from the boards or frequent altercations with other members may result in an instant removal of privileges and the moderator status revoked. The use of this status must also not be for resolving personal vendettas and disputes by way of bans/infractions etc.

Anywho, let the recommendations commence :D

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I know this is going to sound up myself but i recommend myself as im mature and i help members on the forums with personal and gaming related things and i bought the whole little_d situation in the admins eyes and if it wasnt for me she would still be here ...

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I think our staff would have eventually handled that, but I hear you where a big help with the whole little_D thing.

You are pretty mature though, I'd recommend you.

Or Vauxchen-Kun cause he is staff on another forum already.

As for me I could be a staff member, I am still the admin of a small fansite so I know how the various functions of moderation work.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
kagemusha;163249 said:
^I think our staff would have eventually handled that, but I hear you where a big help with the whole little_D thing.

You are pretty mature though, I'd recommend you.

As for me I could be a staff member, I am still the admin of a small fansite so I know how the various functions of moderation work.

Thanks for recommending me :cool::cool: and i would recommend you to as you have had expierence in the feild :cool:

How many positions are going ??

Keaton

Premium
^Currently none Wickse, there has been no decision to appoint any new members of staff, we have just requested reccomendations ^_o

Angel said:
The appointment of potential moderators is something that will be discussed in the staff area if and when it becomes necessary - however, if people can suggest members who are regular, mature and not prone to taking things uber-personally (or taking sides) from different time zones then that would help us with our deliberations.

If members offer up suitable candidates, there is a stronger chance you'll listen to that person if and when they become a mod. But please don't just bring up your best buddies

Let it be known, however, that if new staff are appointed they are required to do their job but not go power mad. Also that any prolonged unexplained absence from the boards or frequent altercations with other members may result in an instant removal of privileges and the moderator status revoked. The use of this status must also not be for resolving personal vendettas and disputes by way of bans/infractions etc.

Anywho, let the recommendations commence

i would recommend kagemusha becuse he always helps the other members with there problems and he always become the negotiator whenever two or more members get into a fight. i also recomend NerosDevil and Chaos Master

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Considering this has gotten into the whole 'recommendation' scenario, I will give my two cents just to feel involved somewhat. I believe that considering issues may happen at non UK time, either someone with past experience of Modding/A mature enough background, that is either situated in the UK (considering they stay up late) Or someone from a different country, would suit the requirements. All personally what I believe, I have no idea what we may be wanting to go with here.

Well, my good friend Chaos Master is extremely mature. He gets along with Staff members, and has never caused harm to anyone. He is very capable of doing a good job, and I believe he'd be more than suitable.

And because he pesters me, I would suggest Wickse. He has helped with many issues before, and has shown maturity. I feel if he believes he could do a good job, there's no harm in giving him a try.

I would recommend Angelo Credo. He is highly mature, and seems to stay up; so he might be able to help when other members of Staff are sleeping or whatever. Plus, he was very helpful in another forum he helped Mod with me. Showing clear enthusiasm, and an air of good authority.

And finally, The Da3dra. My good friend, highly capable. Sure he'd be more than suitable :D

Those are just my recommendations. I'm not saying those four are better than anyone else, just from personal understanding; it's my view on what I think may be beneficial.

~Thanks

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
wouldn't it be good to have a mod that doesn't live in the uk. I live in the us. on the east coast. and i am quite often on everyday.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
My votes for the potential staff post would be Trish, One Winged Angel, Angelo Credo or Chaos Master. They are all active members, haven't done anything that I'm aware of to harm the site and are model members.

EDIT:
kagemusha;163249 said:
It's actually on two now. AOA and another site which is in the process of being made. I'm working on it, but it's not ready yet.

Janny

Dines with dementia
I'm also pitching in a recommendation for Angelo Credo; great to see someone that always uses proper grammar and punctuation in every post and is generally friendly and helpful. At least from what I've seen.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Just a suggestion, but maybe there could be a poll with the most mentioned names on it; and we can cast a vote? :D

I know I made some recommendations, and it'll be hard for me to pick. So perhaps make it multi-choice? And the Staff have the final say, of course ^^

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Guys, no one said for sure there will even be a new moderator... Just pointing this out.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
VeNGeD;163337 said:
Guys, no one said for sure there will even be a new moderator... Just pointing this out.

Indeed, but nobody said there wouldn't be. So it's just a thought, and that alone.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Correct, but we are both correct to an extent. They did want suggestions, but they never said anything was final. I merely suggested to make a poll, to make these votes/recommendations more apparent, just in case.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Trish67;163343 said:
and i think it was a good suggestion

Thank you :D

But we shall see what the Staff think of the idea. For now, I think we need more people giving recommendations ^^.

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
In that case, I believe that Chaos Master or LordOfDarkness would both make good moderators. They both seem fair and from the time I've been here seem reasonable and capable of moderating the forums fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom