• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

increase of spammers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
I think the idea behind this is to have a moderator who doesn't live in the UK. so they can be on when normal people in the UK are sleeping.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Or to have a mod that can come on during irregular hours. e.g. Early morning UK/Late night. Teens are usually good at the late night and sometimes at the early morning depending on the teen. XD

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i would like lod's idea of the poll and then it being the admins choice :D and please can i drum some support for myself :lol: but seroiusly i would to become a mod as i think i have helped over the past year that i have been here and have made many new friends and i have solved some of the greatest investigations on here like who sold the last cookie from lod :lol:

Keaton

Premium
A poll can have upto a max of twelve (iirc) options, which is inpratical since every member of the forum could potencially be put forward lol, if you want to make a tally you'll have to keep it yourselves - but, this isn't really an issue that requires a vote.

When/If the senior staff decide that another member of staff is needed, all names will be concidered reguardless of how many votes they have or not ^_o

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
Vauxchen-kun;163319 said:
My votes for the potential staff post would be Trish, One Winged Angel, Angelo Credo or Chaos Master. They are all active members, haven't done anything that I'm aware of to harm the site and are model members.

EDIT:
It's actually on two now. AOA and another site which is in the process of being made. I'm working on it, but it's not ready yet.

Why thank you, my friend ^_^

I recommend Angelo Credo, has he's a nice person to talk to (not that' we've talked for the past 3 month >_>). always uses proper grammar and punctuation in every post and is all together a friendly forum member^_^

Chaos Master has I've been talking to him recently, and he is generally friendly guy^^ from what I know he's never actually argued with anyone at all.

@Wickes, you could tell of ya best mate if he had broke 1 or 2 rules without thinking you'll use him/her as mate?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I think that main things that are needed for a new staff member is manners, good grammar and spelling, maturity and being able to be unbiased. Unless there is something I've missed?

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
^^ if the situation was my best mate had broken rules i would take the appropriate steps to finding out what happen and if my best mate had broken rules than he/she will be banned .... if i become a mod , i will be just like any other admin/mod and play by the rules

One Winged Angel

Legendary Dragoon
They also need to be willing to use most of their free time to come onto the forum to checking if everything is good with the forum, and there isn't any member(s) breaking the rules.

You forgot that they also need to help make decisions, etc to do with the forum ^^

EDIT :

Wickse;163387 said:
^^ if the situation was my best mate had broken rules i would take the appropriate steps to finding out what happen and if my best mate had broken rules than he/she will be banned .... if i become a mod , i will be just like any other admin/mod and play by the rules

You can't just ban them, you know. 3 strikes and banned for a week, but it all depends on how bad the situation was >_<

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
One Winged Angel;163388 said:
They also need to be willing to use most of their free time to come onto the forum to checking if everything is good with the forum, and there isn't any member(s) breaking the rules.

You forgot that they also need to help make decisions, etc to do with the forum ^^

EDIT :

You can't just ban them, you know. 3 strikes and banned for a week, but it all depends on how bad the situation was >_<

yeah i know that , but if it was more than 3 times then they will be banned , somehow i feel like im being tested >_<:unsure:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Wickse really wants the position.:lol:

I think he is capable, so is Vauxchen and Chaos master.

I also want to suggest One winged angel, who has alwase been mature when talking to me and on the forums.

If time zone is an issue, I live in the U.S. so does Trish67.

If power tripping is an issue, maybe the temp mod could have restricted powers. Like they could delete posts, edit them, close threads ect. But maybe then could only ban spamers, or people with low post counts. That way you can really only ban spamers and not regular members. Or maybe higher staff members could turn their powers "off" when they don't need to be using them.

Just a thought.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
To many european mods, with their crumpets and tea and their proper language and their manners. :lol:

Kidding, god save the queen. :lol:XD

But yhea, the time zone thing is an issue there is a large time gap when there are no mods to be seen....

Keaton

Premium
Naturally timezone will be concidered, however atm I have personally only experienced one occassion where a member of staff was not around to deal with an issue. In which instance it was dealt with before 9am the following morning (GMT).

I would personally imagine that IF a postion would be available that Timezone wouldn't be much of an issue, atleast while the forum runs at the current numbers. Obviously when DMC5 is released/previewed things may change because of increased traffic - but with the current daily output of posts its not difficult for staff to keep up with Spam Bots and it has been a long while since regular members have created any notable issues.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
kagemusha;163465 said:
To many european mods, with their crumpets and tea and their proper language and their manners. :lol:

Kidding, god save the queen. XD
lol....i am what you might call american but for someone reason while Bush was president. I felt very unpatrotic. True for all 2 of his terms. With Obama in the white house, i feel better.
I often joke with my friends that I think I am British. Cause I will start talking with a british accent for what seems like no reason. I just start doing it, as if that's the way I talk normally.

Well what do you expect from an actress?

and yes I am an actress.

Keaton, you make a good point. There will be an even bigger increase when DMC5 is anounced.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Politics is way off topic, but I'd love to talk about what I think of obama's presidancy some other time...

What does the staff think about this(I mean about our recommendations)?

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
kagemusha;163469 said:
^Politics is way off topic, but I'd love to talk about what I think of obama's presidancy some other time...

What does the staff think about this?
hey i edited! i just woke up and i haven't had my coffee yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom