• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
V's gameplay seems so slow, I worry about it breaking the fast paced nature of the game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Devil-May-Cry-5_2018_12-06-18_019.jpg

I already said that
Urizen most likely IS Vergil
Someone noticed that if you raise the pitch of Urizen's voice he sounds very similar to
Vergil

https://kaldea88.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F180886230745
Does that really mean anything, though? Gryphon's voiced by JYB, aka. Nero, but I doubt he's really Nero.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Like I said before, there are a lot of DMC1 references in this game and they just keep on growing with every trailer or infor release.

Last addition was the fact that V's summons are all named after other bosses and enemies in DMC1. Shadow for the cat, Griffon the bird and Nightmare. There's Nell and all the Nelo look alikes.

Then there's these guys:
giphy.gif

Tell these wankers don't look like these tossers over here:
image.gif

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm not gonna lie, the stuff V does with the bird and the panther didn't impress me much but I got hyped when I saw his huge golem go toe to toe with Goliath. If there are interactions like that with every boss, then V is looking hella fun to me.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Does that really mean anything, though? Gryphon's voiced by JYB, aka. Nero, but I doubt he's really Nero.
What @Gel said.
We know that Vergil took off Nero's arm and V said it was Urizen.
I'm not gonna lie, the stuff V does with the bird and the panther didn't impress me much but I got hyped when I saw his huge golem go toe to toe with Goliath. If there are interactions like that with every boss, then V is looking hella fun to me.
One thing that worries me. Does this mean characters have same boss fights? Not that we have DMC4 x3 this time.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
As someone mentioned before, DMC5 story seems a readaptation /remake/ retell of DMC novel 1. Anyway, it seems that V can "trigger" too? Or he is acting as a medium for
Vergil's human side
?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Looking forward to playing V. I called it in that his summons would be similar to Chaos Legion.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Nah, they've said before that they structured the mission system so that you can go back and play a certain mission with a different character if you want, or something along those lines.
i'll remain cautious about it.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not gonna lie, V's gameplay just looks weird. Not what comes to mind when I think of "stylish action" that the series is known for.

But I'll refrain from making a final judgement until I actually play the game...which will be in March. Thanks Microsoft. :grumpy:

Westhawk

By the way. Remember when I said this? It look like this is the weapon Dante is using in the trailer when he goes Majin form. Check it near the end of the trailer.
Thanks didnt notice. So that confirms it’s not sparda. Could still be rebellion reforged which if it is I like the new design way better. Also co-op is confirmed you’ll see other players in the background of some missions and play together in others if you’re online.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@berto
Its probably would be more intentional to have Vergil's VA voice Urizem than JYB voicing the bird.

JYB voicing the bird Gryphon would be them just cutting costs which happens a lot in animation and voice overwork.

It could be a red herring tho.

@Ronin
Check the news thread, berto posted some info on V.

@Gel
I dont mind if he is using Vergil's soul as a source of power. I just rather it be seperate than the other stuff he does.

That allows him to still have powers and not loose them when Vergil inevitably gets free.

ShiningTempest

V plays weird.

Majin DT returns!
Yay!

So I hope you dont have to be at critical health to activate it. DMC never rewards trash gameplay.
The Majin form obviously surpasses Sparda.
Which means . . . no Sparda DT?
I would like to choose between Dantes normal DT and Sparda DT.

Top Bottom