• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
It seems this demo is an even earlier build than the Gamescon demo since features like Enemy Step/Jump Canceling and more of Nero's moves like Shuffle and seems even Caliber are gone.
Caliber is there but, yes, there was no enemy step, which would've been very helpful in the Goliath fight.

You could be suffering from performance issues if you're using a base Xbox One and not the X
I was on an S. I can't afford an X. I already returned it. I had not issues with the performance, though. No screen tearing nor any particularly noticeable drops is performance. I knew from the start that the build was an old one and my guess is that, since it's an almost month long demo, they'll be updating it as the days go by, but I'm satisfied and I need my money for the holidays and other things, anyway.

Also you said you bought or rented an used Xbox One? How is the controller quality?
The first one I bought was awful so I had them exchange it for a better one but, like I said, I think RB was unresponsive, but I couldn't tell.

Like I said, I know what the issues were but my problem with the game is that it's too similar to DMC4. After 10 years, 15 if you include DMC3, the combos for the characters are still the same. The improvements and alterations are too few for my expectations, which I've mentioned before, was something I was worried about. I still plan on getting it and playing it but I am not happy about how much of the previous gameplay is still unchanged and how the few parts of DmC I thought were an improvement were discarded.

RedNether

"Sorry, but I don't lose."
Premium
I hope the Live-action cutscenes can be toggled on and off, I don't want to be stuck with them active all the time.

berto

I Saw the Devil
This guy does a cool little thing here at the start. He mentions it before he does it. It’s better if I don’t say what it is.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
With all that complains about no PC demo, it's kinda PC gamers fault. Remember what they didi with RE7? They basically spoiled 90% of the game before it was out. I'm sorry but it's not the right way. So most likely capcom tries to avoid spoilers...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
and this XBox is a pain in the ass. I hate this machine.

Hahaha, now that's a product review.

And thanks for the offer, but I'll be fine. I'm not immensely sour about it, I'll get the demo (and the game) eventually, just the fact that they made an exclusive demo is just...

tenor.gif

...like, I don't know what anyone involved in that decision thought would happen? Did Microsoft think it would move systems? Did Capcom think that their fans would be fine with it? It gave a portion of the playerbase a chance to try the game out, but actually, literally alienated the rest, and for what? People aren't suddenly going to switch their preferred platform because of a demo on a multiplatform game, they aren't going to be amazed by the Xbox One's graphics or performance over the previous investment they've already made in a PS4, or especially PC.

Myself, personally, I didn't invest in an Xbox One because there are absolutely zero games on it I want. I cannot justify dropping the coin on that system for the minuscule offering it provides to me, not when I get that and more out of another. All they did was screw people over for supporting one system over another, specifically the system that has been the franchise's home since inception.

Just a terrible call, and it stings a little bit more given how well Capcom has been doing lately. It just reeks of "we got money for this" and while that's nice for them, I hope it's worth upsetting your customers.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Hahaha, now that's a product review.

And thanks for the offer, but I'll be fine. I'm not immensely sour about it, I'll get the demo (and the game) eventually, just the fact that they made an exclusive demo is just...

tenor.gif

...like, I don't know what anyone involved in that decision thought would happen? Did Microsoft think it would move systems? Did Capcom think that their fans would be fine with it? It gave a portion of the playerbase a chance to try the game out, but actually, literally alienated the rest, and for what? People aren't suddenly going to switch their preferred platform because of a demo on a multiplatform game, they aren't going to be amazed by the Xbox One's graphics or performance over the previous investment they've already made in a PS4, or especially PC.

Myself, personally, I didn't invest in an Xbox One because there are absolutely zero games on it I want. I cannot justify dropping the coin on that system for the minuscule offering it provides to me, not when I get that and more out of another. All they did was screw people over for supporting one system over another, specifically the system that has been the franchise's home since inception.

Just a terrible call, and it stings a little bit more given how well Capcom has been doing lately. It just reeks of "we got money for this" and while that's nice for them, I hope it's worth upsetting your customers.

Really!? This is DMC5's biggest PR mistake. Not the controversy with the lead singer of Subhuman and his song ****ing off....most if not 99.9% of the fanbase or the inclusion of microtransactions that made headlines (and not the positive ones Capcom wants to hear) and still echoes to this day. But I guess you don't personally mind those so those are not as bad as something you think personally affects you.

These are corporations they always makes mistakes especially Microshaft. Especially Capcom this isn't the first time they done this (MHW had an exclusive beta for the PS4). This honestly one of the least egregious things they've done. I can give you laundry list of dumber things than that Capcom have done.

Well considering the state of the actual demo I have a strong feeling Capcom was never going to release a public demo this early but well Microsoft wanted SOMETHING since they're paying for the promotion of the game. I honestly predicted this and lets just hope this is the only exclusive thing Microsoft gets out of the deal. Oh well I can chill and just wait for an hopefully more updated build that isn't a more neutered version of the Gamescon demo since I wasn't expecting a demo this early.

Microsoft is making Capcom save a ton of money since they're paying for the promotion of the game. Capcom could front the bill themselves but that would affect the game since that is more money they must invest into it. So Capcom is indebted to Microsoft so they are guaranteed to give them something in return and honestly this is the least worst outcome that could come from this. It is pointless and stupid but hey its business and Capcom is making money. I honestly prefer if this is how they make their money then shoe horn in microtransactions in a single player game.

This will not affect final sales or overall fan loyalty at all. It didn't affect MHW at all. By time the demo for both consoles pop up everyone (including you) will forget this ever happen and enjoy your demo. The inclusion of microtransanctions are more likely to cause this game to lose sales and fan loyalty than a timed exclusive demo.

If fans are loyal enough to handwave microtransactions I'm sure they can handwave a timed exclusive early demo.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Really!? This is DMC5's biggest PR mistake. Not the controversy with the lead singer of Subhuman and his song ****ing off....most if not 99.9% of the fanbase or the inclusion of microtransactions that made headlines (and not the positive ones Capcom wants to hear) and still echoes to this day. But I guess you don't personally mind those so those are not as bad as something you think personally affects you.

Well, here's the thing. Subhuman is a bad song, I don't like it, but I also barely liked a lot of the music that was in DMC before this. I hated DMC3 and DMC4's battle themes, too (absolute heresy, I know). However, I don't take this as an affront to my sensibilities. I'm not clutching my pearls over them deciding Subhuman was ever a decent song, but I'm also one dude, my tastes don't determine all. Additionally, the music director finished that song before the controversy even happened, there's no way he could have known. The microtransactions, that was always a massively stupid argument, because they aren't predatory in any way, shape, or form. The moment they want me to dig into my own pockets to play the game as normal, like some mobile garbage that thinks I'm an aquatic animal, that's when there's a problem. Until then, it's just an extra thing that we'll barely even notice, and will have less of an impact.

And sure, it was pretty dumb that they had a timed Monster Hunter beta only on PS4 - it's stupid either way. However, bein' real honest here, nobody bought and Xbox hoping for the next Monster Hunter title to be on it. Hell, people didn't buy PS4s hoping for a new Monster Hunter.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well, here's the thing. Subhuman is a bad song, I don't like it, but I also barely liked a lot of the music that was in DMC before this. I hated DMC3 and DMC4's battle themes, too (absolute heresy, I know). However, I don't take this as an affront to my sensibilities. I'm not clutching my pearls over them deciding Subhuman was ever a decent song, but I'm also one dude, my tastes don't determine all. Additionally, the music director finished that song before the controversy even happened, there's no way he could have known. The microtransactions, that was always a massively stupid argument, because they aren't predatory in any way, shape, or form. The moment they want me to dig into my own pockets to play the game as normal, like some mobile garbage that thinks I'm an aquatic animal, that's when there's a problem. Until then, it's just an extra thing that we'll barely even notice, and will have less of an impact.

And sure, it was pretty dumb that they had a timed Monster Hunter beta only on PS4 - it's stupid either way. However, bein' real honest here, nobody bought and Xbox hoping for the next Monster Hunter title to be on it. Hell, people didn't buy PS4s hoping for a new Monster Hunter.

The Monster Hunter beta was exclusive to PS4. Xbox never got a Monster Hunter beta....period....same goes to PC players. Only PS4 players. My point still stands MHW sold millions (being Capcom's highest selling game with 10 million units) so it having an exclusive beta didn't do **** to it and I doubt it will affect DMC5 either.

Capcom has a bad habit of doing this and will probably do it for the RE2 Remake.

I'm relatively in the same boat as you when it comes to the song (although no DMC song in the past made my ears ache and musical tastes are mostly subjective) and microtransactions that doesn't change the fact those are controversies that are more likely to negatively affect the game's reception (before release) than this although Capcom mainly resolved the issue with the song. I'm not talking about what Capcom was thinking when they made those decisions but the long term repercussions of those actions. Once a demo hits PS4 as well we will forget this ever happened and moved on with our lives. This timed exclusive demo is less likely to affect its sales as much as the long lasting fearmongering caused by the inclusion of microtransactions. I've honestly seen more people complain that Bloody Palace is a free DLC update added a month later into the game than this. I had to deal with people who went to events playing the game before me and I can still wait as long as I'll get a demo....or if my older brother is generous enough when I go home to play it on his....although that would be odd. Its also the same demo we have seen a million times already but somehow made more barebones. Us PS4 owners will be fine.

From a business standpoint it makes some sense for Capcom. If DMC never had a strong following on Xbox (a mostly Western market) and they are trying their best to make DMC5 and to extension DMC more appealing to Westerners having Microsoft primarily market it and heavily too will potentially get more Xbox gamers in the DMC series. It probably won't move Xbox Ones (Microsoft isn't dumb enough to think a timed exclusive demo will) but its obvious Microsoft wants to prove to publishers and developers that there are a diverse market for their games to sell on their platform (especially to Japanese devs/publishers) so they can get more support in the future which will help move more consoles (probably their next gen console). This business is a long game not just moving units immediately. Will it work.......probably not by much if I'm being honest.

Capcom was probably aware plenty of PS4 owners will be upset but they didn't care because they know we are still going to buy that **** when it comes out. If anything PC users are solely out of luck since they won't be getting a demo (then again after RE7 Capcom has a hard time trusting PC gamers with a lot of things).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Here's the thing, folks. When Capcom puts exclusive content of one game in this system and this content on another that's because they make deals with the councils and their manufacturers. It's not a screw up, it's business. Playstation pays or makes a deal with someone to get their games on their system or exclusive content or limited or permanent exclusivity on that system, XBox does the same. Capcom makes deals as do other corporations. In this case they do it to create association. You see all the content of said game on a council or commercials only running with that system's logo all over the place and your average and beautiful joe who doesn't post on forum, youtubes podcasts on the subject nor anything more profound than knowing it exists, will either think the game is only on that system or assume that all important content will on it. Happens all the time.

HQDYiRo.png

Looks like his tattoos evaporate when he Devil Triggers. Could be a seal that contains his demonic power.
I think all the black tint fades from his body to summon the black creatures. If he had black eyes they'd turn a different shade.

Last edited:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Also DAT MAJIN FORM AT THE END THO

More importantly look at his sword

maxresdefault.jpg

Edge-December-2018-Page-060.png

That's Sparta. It's just the artist who drew it probably drew it by memory and didn't really pay attention to it's appearance.
I think that's a bit of a reach. There's no doubt that's suppose to be Sparda since that's most likely the sword Dante will use near the end of the game. I think the artist really did just draw whatever came to mind with Sparda since you don't really see the whole sword in that picture anyway.

Shall we bet on it?
It's Sparda, mate, it's Sparda!
Why not?:wink: Make your bet!
Nothing grand. ‘Tis a gentlemen’s agreement. Winner gets to say “Ha! I told you so!’

I guess berto got his bragging rights now.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If this isn't Sparda's in any form, @berto sir, you won! You had told us, sir!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I hope the Live-action cutscenes can be toggled on and off, I don't want to be stuck with them active all the time.

I thought the description of the deluxe edition made that clear. I highly doubt Capcom would force them on the player, unlike some other developers that shall not be named.

Also V's theme.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nightmare seems to be summoned with when V triggers White Hair mode rather than when he's normal like Gryphon or Phantom.

I still think nero says "get lit" at one point in the trailer every time i watch it.

Top Bottom