• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

gmc

seeing shadow again gave me dmc 1 nightmares, also majin dante!!!!!!, i take it V watches tokyo ghoul with his hair turning white so fast, he'll be an interesting one to play, hope to see vergil before the game releases though, overall hype train keeps on going for me, choo motha effin choo

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I fully expected the timed demo, MS bought those marketing rights for a reason after all.
It's not like I can't wait a couple more weeks before the multiplat demo comes out. (probably at the start of january since that's the deadline for this "first demo", but it could come out in a week or two just as well).
I hear the demo doesn't run to well on base console models though.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa...
Is that because you don't have an XBox?

By the way, it is up but for those who can't find it you have to search it. Devil May Cry Demo is what I put in and it had no results but I went ahead and told it to search all and it was right there.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I never said RGB was perfect, just someone that is not full of bull. Plus, RBG never consider himself a news person, and even he admits most of his videos are opinion pieces. DNC is a cool guy too.

Joe I stopped caring about in 2016, Jim I still like, but he goes overboard with the drama, and Yong is hypocritical about the DLC thing. Technically, all three in this case; AJ is just the worst. Jim didn't bring up DmC's or DMC4: SE's DLC, Yong was all over MGSV's dick before doing gaming news of different subjects, and the less said about Joe, the better. Yong I stopped watching, because it's almost nothing, but negative news, with barely any positives, or bittersweets.
Is everyone forgetting about rezoura? From all the DMC YouTubers I've seen he's the most reliable and gets videos made on very recent things. Alot of the time at least from what I've seen he's one of the first people when news comes out and even posts leaks (if that's your thing)

berto

I Saw the Devil
@TWOxACROSS
I'm sorry you won't be able to play the game but if it helps I can tryout anything you're curious about. I'm not a top tier player but I am ok and the XBox has its own capture station. I'm at 50% download but once it's up and running and I've gotten the thing out of my system I can give a try to most things. Just remember that I'm not keeping this XBox. The people at gamestop were kind enough to let try it out despite policy so I don't intent on abusing that trust. I'll probably only keep it till tuesday.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
1540245792794.png

I never realized that those spike on his chest were wings.

Yeah, for the longest time that was my assumption too. Even Lady says that they were collecting Devil Arms. Apparently they also traveled to hell itself to collect demons and DAs. It's where they found Yamato. Like I said, I know Lucifer for sure but not so much for Pandora or Gilgamesh.
I know. If you go back and play DMC4 with super Dante you'll get a good look and it becomes even more odd that the only mainline game where you can't fly in DT seems to be the only one besides 2 where his devil trigger seems inherently designed so he can fly. As opposed to other games where the wings either came from nowhere or didn't seem designed with flight in mind. In 4 and 5 you can clearly see from the back that it's just a folded up pair of wings tucked under his arms and are clearly 2 separate wings that are just made to look like a coat. Realizing this small detail has actually made me appreciate This devil trigger alot more than I use to.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've been playing the demo and I am seriously underwhelmed. The game is gorgeous but I'm not really feeling Nero and this XBox is a pain in the ass. I hate this machine.
I was going to play for the whole week but I'm seriously thinking of returning it today and worrying about the demo later. I honestly don't know if I want to continue playing it that badly. I have a theory that as the weeks go by Capcom will be adding to the demo so I'd wager it be good for the long run but for now I think I'm done.

PS. THere are a few enemies that are just fat bugs that you chase down and kill for orbs. The shadow you see at the start is one of them and you can track it down and kill it but I haven't been able to pull it off. For all you playing try getting it. Also when you see a pile of bloody meat in the ground, kinda like chunks or a big chunk, that's a hidden orb stash.

devil_inside123

The devil in the dark
I've been playing the demo and I am seriously underwhelmed. The game is gorgeous but I'm not really feeling Nero and this XBox is a pain in the ass. I hate this machine.
I was going to play for the whole week but I'm seriously thinking of returning it today and worrying about the demo later. I honestly don't know if I want to continue playing it that badly. I have a theory that as the weeks go by Capcom will be adding to the demo so I'd wager it be good for the long run but for now I think I'm done.

PS. THere are a few enemies that are just fat bugs that you chase down and kill for orbs. The shadow you see at the start is one of them and you can track it down and kill it but I haven't been able to pull it off. For all you playing try getting it. Also when you see a pile of bloody meat in the ground, kinda like chunks or a big chunk, that's a hidden orb stash.
So is it the game in general that feels underwhelming or is it just Nero? And ever since the first game with the phantom babies they've had enemies that were pretty much just free orbs. I've seen the sacks your talking about in a few gameplay videos and I imagine these are the replacement for the giant red orb stones.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Is everyone forgetting about rezoura? From all the DMC YouTubers I've seen he's the most reliable and gets videos made on very recent things. Alot of the time at least from what I've seen he's one of the first people when news comes out and even posts leaks (if that's your thing)

Hate to break it to you, but I never heard of the guy.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So is it the game in general that feels underwhelming or is it just Nero?
Well, I'll put it to you like this. I played the demo 5 times and I even S the mission but at no time did I feel as in control of the character as I have with every other DMC game. I have a weird feeling that that might have a lot to do with, and I'm guessing here, the controller's lock-on button being unresponsive because if isn't then the game releases the lock on with way too much ease. I had a hard time pulling off helm breaker when the enemies were constantly moving beneath me. It's a step backward that Nero's snatch wire only works one way, yank or towards, not both. I know people don't like DmC but just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everything in it has to be thrown out the window and the lift and pull were a good progression of the DevBrgnr.

I also didn't like the options don't let you change the taunt button. I like to put Nero's taunt on R2 so I can run and dropkick without having to reach for the select button. By the way, you can drop kick now without going to full speed. Nero doesn't cover as much space so you have to get closer to connect but now you don't have to go at full dash.

I really didn't like how the game plays exactly like DMC4. It's got a few alterations, good ones, but even if it look much better and the animation is smoother the game still feels like 4. It's been 10 years and aside from the DvlBrkr and the new loading charge shots mechanics but the game is almost identical to 4 and after that decade I want more. How about some more combos? I'm tired of the same 4 on the ground and the same 2 in the air. Or, even better, how about an entirely new set? Even Bayonetta 2, which had the same combos, had the foresight to alternate them and make them all variations from the one game to the other so you're not just playing new stages on what's basically the same game.

And ever since the first game with the phantom babies they've had enemies that were pretty much just free orbs. I've seen the sacks your talking about in a few gameplay videos and I imagine these are the replacement for the giant red orb stones.
Yeah but this isn't like that. It's more like those enemies in Bloodborne that you had to catch and kill and they gave you plenty of blood echoes for your troubles. In fact, it's very much that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well I slowed down the trailer and discovered a few neat stuff like some new enemy types, bosses, and etc.

Like this bladed lizard Nero fights in the beginning of the trailer. Seems like a stronger variation of the lizard enemies from before.

There is this enemy that is apparently either invisible or transparent

This looks like the hotel from the demo but at night. Seems like the skipped section from demo.

This chicken boss seems to have some people (women?) on its back and they seem to move around.

V in the background doing stuff before they showed off the cameo/co-op system in the trailer.

This boss V fights

This massive bug enemy which might be the basic mooks final version

This weird tentacle enemy...maybe a boss

There is this enemy that is charging at Dante.

Lastly this could be King Cerberus. Its the same environment where Dante is telling him he is there to give him a walk.

So a good chance of a King Cerberus boss fight

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It be funny to see V summon Phantom.

@1:26 I think Nero says "Get lit" lol

@1:40 the background score drowns out some of Gryphon's dialogue- I think he says "you and I have to co-exist" to V?

@2:01 V sounds like he's in a trance- or just reciting a mantra

@2:34 V mentions "we" when describing the job to Dante. Is he representing a larger group or did he mean him and his familiars?

@2:47 V mentions "a duty to see it through"

Around the #3 minute mark Trish mention "you need to see this through" and "Dante's wrong" Is she talking to V or Nero/Lady? vergil?

the last 30 seconds are Dante's dialogue from the leaked opening segments.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It be funny to see V summon Phantom.

@1:40 the background score drowns out some of Gryphon's dialogue- I think he says "you and I have to co-exist" to V?

Around the #3 minute mark Trish mention "you need to see this through" and "Dante's wrong" Is she talking to V or Nero/Lady? vergil?

I HOPE he gets Phantom or something more.

Actually I hear Griffin say "Okay Shakespeare just remember this. You and I like to exist so get me those demons quick cause killing em aint my shtick"

I dont really get this sentence. Do they need to kill demons to continue live? It also sounds like Griffin and to extension maybe the other familiars can't kill the demons so V must be the one to deliver the finishing blow.

I think she says "Dante's war"

EDIT

HQDYiRo.png

Looks like his tattoos evaporate when he Devil Triggers. Could be a seal that contains his demonic power.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well, I'll put it to you like this. I played the demo 5 times and I even S the mission but at no time did I feel as in control of the character as I have with every other DMC game. I have a weird feeling that that might have a lot to do with, and I'm guessing here, the controller's lock-on button being unresponsive because if isn't then the game releases the lock on with way too much ease. I had a hard time pulling off helm breaker when the enemies were constantly moving beneath me. It's a step backward that Nero's snatch wire only works one way, yank or towards, not both. I know people don't like DmC but just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everything in it has to be thrown out the window and the lift and pull were a good progression of the DevBrgnr.

I also didn't like the options don't let you change the taunt button. I like to put Nero's taunt on R2 so I can run and dropkick without having to reach for the select button. By the way, you can drop kick now without going to full speed. Nero doesn't cover as much space so you have to get closer to connect but now you don't have to go at full dash.

I really didn't like how the game plays exactly like DMC4. It's got a few alterations, good ones, but even if it look much better and the animation is smoother the game still feels like 4. It's been 10 years and aside from the DvlBrkr and the new loading charge shots mechanics but the game is almost identical to 4 and after that decade I want more. How about some more combos? I'm tired of the same 4 on the ground and the same 2 in the air. Or, even better, how about an entirely new set? Even Bayonetta 2, which had the same combos, had the foresight to alternate them and make them all variations from the one game to the other so you're not just playing new stages on what's basically the same game.

Yeah but this isn't like that. It's more like those enemies in Bloodborne that you had to catch and kill and they gave you plenty of blood echoes for your troubles. In fact, it's very much that.

It seems this demo is an even earlier build than the Gamescon demo since features like Enemy Step/Jump Canceling and more of Nero's moves like Shuffle and seems even Caliber are gone.

You could be suffering from performance issues if you're using a base Xbox One and not the X. Plenty of demo users have reported frame drops and issues and these are all from the base model. X users all had a smooth and nice performance. If you're worried about performance on the PS4 there was a build of this same demo on a base PS4 and ran smoothly. Looking at RE7 the RE engine is designed in a way that it runs better on PS4 architecture than Xbox architecture.

Also you said you bought or rented an used Xbox One? How is the controller quality?

Top Bottom