• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Different Rank Graphics?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi folks,

I know we recently added those new ranks just a few months ago (ranks being the
20.png
graphics under your username), but I can't say I'm really feeling 'em anymore. They just don't have a very strong Devil May Cry vibe and I'm sure we can come up with something better... and less crap.

I don't want to write an essay here so I'll just get straight to the nitty gritty: I think implementing a "combo-rank" type system to replace the current one would be more appropriate. Those of you who've played Devil May Cry should remember the "Smokin'", "Smokin' Sick", "Smokin' Sick Style", "Brutal" ranks you receive when performing combos; well, I'd like to have something like that in place. To give you a better idea:

4lllxk.gif

vzufb6.gif

1435mt.gif

2l9phxu.gif

I haven't managed to track down the exact font that was used but I've used "Segoe Print" as a temporary placeholder, which is the closest I could find.

I'd like to hear what you guys think before I go into too much detail, but I was thinking we could make up our own "combo-ranks" whereby you start out as a "n00b" :)P) and work your way up to Legendary Dark Knight, or Son of Sparda, or whatever. I just want to get rid of all the military ranks to be honest and have something that feels more appropriate.

Discuss!

Edit: Hope you don't mind me using your profile as an example, Esura! ;)

Steve

Admin
LOL! "NNNEWB" - I love it! Wish I'd thought of that! :p

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Smokin' Sick Devil!
Smokin' Sick!
Smokin'!
Awesome!
Brutal!
Caranage!
Deadly!
SSStylish!
SStylish!
Stylish!
Amazing!
BAD ASS! - If it's allowed
Crazy!
Devilish!
NNNEWB!
Rest in Spam - FFFAIL - something other for those banned

Just some random ideas taken from your designs above and those I thought fitting that I could remember from DMC3

The Da3dra

Master Of War
I think that this is a great idea but I don't have much in terms of advice. However I would suggest that there are quite a few ranks, maybe even a few more than what we have now. Nothing makes me feel like a productive member than getting a cool lil message saying my rank went up. ;)

Keaton

Premium
Fantastic Idea Steve!
+Rep, I'm looking forward to this update :D

What are the Staff buttons going to be, if their going to be changed at all?

Steve

Admin
Keaton;160815 said:
Fantastic Idea Steve!
+Rep, I'm looking forward to this update :D

What are the Staff buttons going to be, if their going to be changed at all?
Good question! Haven't really thought that far ahead, sadly... I'm definitely open for suggestions!

NerosDevil;160855 said:
Hrm, this idea is very simular to Devils Lair, alas it's alot more original than the current one.
devils-lair.org? I haven't visited there in a long time (still a great DMC Forum) but I'll take a look now.

Janny

Dines with dementia
It would sure be better than the slightly dull rank buttons we have now. It would add some stylish color to the forum, so I say go for it. ^_^

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
This is a great idea, hope it gets implemented.

Shall edit my post to make a contribution to the new ranks when/if I can think of any good ones.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Maby instead of these being ranks the are like a rating system?

Like when you log out you get a rating that goes up depending on how well you contributed that day?

Someone reped you? Stylish! You posted a certian number of times? Awsome! You gained a new rank? SSStylish!!! You got banned? FAIL.....you suck

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Steve;160866 said:
Good question! Haven't really thought that far ahead, sadly... I'm definitely open for suggestions!

devils-lair.org? I haven't visited there in a long time (still a great DMC Forum) but I'll take a look now.

to do with the staff and supporters buttons if they were going to be changed , i thought about they could be changed to bosses ( as they are in charge and the admins would have the hardest boss while the supporters as they arent " really" staff would have the weaker bosses from dmc ..... it was a light bulb momment ...

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Is there any way to have colours in way of the rep, the wording in post count then the admin/mod/supporter have something else?

i thought of something for the admins and spporters

how about giving them a Dragon rank

for example
the admins have the black dragon rank
the supporters have the white dragon rank

Top Bottom