• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5: What should it have?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
XD PM GregaMan.

i'm too afraid of getting this answer from gregaman "oh, why didn't you guys PMed me before, you're too late, the game is already in the making, not enough time to put more features into it, teaser's coming out september 2016"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
And you like ride DMC 4 all the time

But, what difference does it make if someone enjoys one game more than the other? Does it instantly mean their criticisms are purely based on bias, nothing more?

A criticism is saying something like "DmC's controls to me weren't as great as DMC 1/2/3/4's controls, because...". That's a statement backed up by a reason. Purely legitimate hatred would be something like "DmC's controls sucked and were horrible". The statement offers real no discussion input, and is hardly criticism because it isn't backed up by any other points.

There are clear differences, guys. So please can everyone stop thinking that merely saying one slight negative criticism or thing towards DmC instantly results in that person saying it out of spite towards the game. After all, criticism is subject to someone's personal taste and preferences, if something doesn't live up to a hope or expectations then valid criticism is acceptable.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't know how unpopular this opinion's gonna be but considering it's the internet it won't matter what it is, it'll be unpopular, period.

In all honesty I think DMC5 should be just Dante and no one else. The cast has grown too large, the demand to play as this character and this other one and this one, too, has made the whole thing convoluted. One character, leave it at that and no more. There is no need for half a dozen playable characters, it just divides the attention of the character and thins out all that could go to one into however many there are. No Nero, no Trish, no Vergil, no exceptions.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
1. I would really want a Sparda game where it takes place before DMC3 because its perfect time for Sparda to get his spotlight.

2. New weapons introduced such as Double Spear with Fire element, Both Sided Scythe, Huge Axe just like Agony Axe from Spawn Armageddon, Sword Whip, aaannnd... so far that's all I could think of.

3. A story about how Sparda get his Force Edge, Yamato and Luce & Ombra gun.

4. A story about how he met his first love with Eva.

5. A Bloodborne-ish theme setting where it takes place in Victorian Era.

6. A Bloodborne-ish music remix with rock and orchestrated gothic battle theme with enemies and bosses.

7. Sparda and a group of Vie De Marli takes on hordes of deadly demons in Dumary Island and facing the full power of Argosax The Chaos, maybe as the penultimate boss before facing the true final boss, Mundus himself.

8. More costumes, more enemies, more bosses, more stages, more weapons, more cutscenes, etc.

9. Sparda's 3 new sidekicks, Martier, Baul and Modeus.

10. Going through stages such as Temen-Ni-Gru, Mallet Island, City of Fortuna, Dumary Island, Demon World, etc.

This is how Sparda should look like in the next-gen consoles.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/The-Dark-Knight-Sparda-511557690

And his bad-ass alternate costume

http://croaky.deviantart.com/art/DMC-Sparda-Secret-mission-122191198

Personally, I wouldn't have name it as Devil May Cry 5 but I would name it as Devil May Cry 0: The Tale Of Sparda. Thus, I made a cover box art for Sparda game few months ago.

HLgsNWA.png

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey, hang on a second...No other playable character, just Dante? So, any DMC except DMC 4 and the Special Edition for it? And you can't really even count those, because they're not main games.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Hey, hang on a second...No other playable character, just Dante? So, any DMC except DMC 4 and the Special Edition for it? And you can't really even count those, because they're not main games.

For me this would be a step back for what the foundation the latest games achieved. If they could put more than 5, or at least 5 again, i think it would be good. I really liked the idea of a guest character too, this could even be appealing for fans of other Capcom games like Street Fighter, for me they could even put DmC Dante or DmC Vergil as guest characters playable in BP and in some Boss Rush mode; this would be cool for the whole fanbase.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
For me this would be a step back for what the foundation the latest games achieved. If they could put more than 5, or at least 5 again, i think it would be good. I really liked the idea of a guest character too, this could even be appealing for fans of other Capcom games like Street Fighter, for me they could even put DmC Dante or DmC Vergil as guest characters playable in BP and in some Boss Rush mode; this would be cool for the whole fanbase.
yeah guest characters can make a world of difference in my opinion
i mean i'm going to start playing the Shin Megami Tensei games beacuse Dante is in one of them
but i know once i start i will become a fan

and if that same thing happened with DMC then more people would become fans to

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
you know what would be cool
if there were non canon guest characters
like if they put in Wesker and Akuma
they would have a awesome move lists

This would be well for me awesome crossover DMC 5 if they would add some characters from other franchises ( i wouldn't mind ever in it of appear of Wesker, once dreamed on DMCxRE thing but with DMC mechanics :D) But well we all can dream for now something like this as I know Crossover DMC 5 would not happen it would end still normal cannon one.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@DjRunza: Absolutely love all of those ideas, apart from one thing - Sparda should handle the battle on his own. No sidekicks and whatnot. After all, it said he rose up to evil 'alone'.

Oh my . . . *speechless * . . .

That looks soooooo f******* amazing! I don't normally even use swear words at all, so that alone goes to show how much of an impact that box-art had on me; very powerful, and love the purple!.

@VineBigBoss: Wait a second. Are you responding to what I said or just further adding to berto's comments but through quoting me? I'm confused, buddy.

I don't mind how many characters there are, to be completely honest. It was berto that suggested just keeping it to Dante; which all DMC games do anyway, except for DMC 2 and 4. (I had completely forgotten about 2) lol.

I'm guessing berto's point was it makes the game too overcrowded. But like I said, Special Editions shouldn't really count.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
@DjRunza: Absolutely love all of those ideas, apart from one thing - Sparda should handle the battle on his own. No sidekicks and whatnot. After all, it said he rose up to evil 'alone'.

Oh my . . . *speechless * . . .

That looks soooooo f******* amazing! I don't normally even use swear words at all, so that alone goes to show how much of an impact that box-art had on me; very powerful, and love the purple!.

Oh my apology, I was actually meant that divided into 2 modes which is Matier mode and Baul & Modeus mode in their own respective storyline paths. Lol XD

EDIT: For Matier's storyline, I always wanted to see how Matier get along with Sparda and how she met him for the first time. I could literally imagine that Matier would kinda looks like Lucia when she was young. As for Baul & Modeus, it would be nice to see how they really fond of Sparda and became their mentor.

Thanks a lot bro.

That looks friggin awesome.

And I'm with you man, a Sparda game would totally rock.

Thanks Fox, come to think about it, I could feel that a Sparda game will give a huge boost to Capcom's financial state, if they make it right. Because the demand from the fans is still very high. Sparda is arguably one of the best known and most marketable hero of Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
@DjRunza:
@VineBigBoss: Wait a second. Are you responding to what I said or just further adding to berto's comments but through quoting me? I'm confused, buddy.

I don't mind how many characters there are, to be completely honest. It was berto that suggested just keeping it to Dante; which all DMC games do anyway, except for DMC 2 and 4. (I had completely forgotten about 2) lol.

I'm guessing berto's point was it makes the game too overcrowded. But like I said, Special Editions shouldn't really count.

Yes, yes, i was actually responding to berto's comment through your post; i don't think it's good to reduce the cast of playable characters in any way, more is better, unless it would cost the main characters being incomplete in terms of gameplay. If they can make cool a deep gameplay with most characters and have more of them, it's better for us, means the game will have much more of a "lifespan" in terms of how can we explore it.

Top Bottom