• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5: What should it have?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
yeah, i'd rather the original stick with what they do best and improve em, no need to add the good ones from reboot and vice versa.. i'd rather count on NT for another game like DmC, i think i'd be stupid for them to not even think of making a game as a spiritual successor to it --in a case where DmC is really ditched

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
yeah, i'd rather the original stick with what they do best and improve em, no need to add the good ones from reboot and vice versa.. i'd rather count on NT for another game like DmC, i think i'd be stupid for them to not even think of making a game as a spiritual successor to it --in a case where DmC is really ditched
DmC is a Devil May Cry game. Therefore it would only make sense to further the series by incorporating ideas from it no matter which version they choose to continue with.

absolitude

DmC is a Devil May Cry game. Therefore it would only make sense to further the series by incorporating ideas from it no matter which version they choose to continue with.

yeah they could and it is a devil may cry game, tho i rather see it as an "elseworld" type..

the good element from the DmC would be the mechanics, the direction they're going, the streamlined gameplay, the free camera, the changing environment, the whole design, characters personality and still many more, but that's from me, and i doubt it could be implemented on the original cept maybe for the mechanics, and even then it could only be implemented to a character like nero, for dante and vergil, it could create another backlash and again risking the franchise.. i'm tired of seeing that..

so my thoughts are i think the best for both sides.. and i extremely want to see a spiritual successor for DmC from NT, and i seriously think they're stupid if they haven't thought about that.. NT is my fave studio after squaresoft, and i want to grow old with them, of the romance~ hugs hugs NT, no not like that, but seriously it's pretty much like that..

Gray Knight

Well, the latest game was DmC so.

And playing only the demo really doesn't justify the full experience. Regardless of what you hear people say, it still has a ton of combat depth in its own right. Just look at some of those combo vids. You're missing out man. It's still a fun Devil May Cry game and I say that as a player that's been playing since the very beginning.

And since I've been playing so long, that kind of made me never the biggest fan of styles. I can seriously do without them because I really think its annoying to have to cycle through separate playstyles just to access certain moves. Kind of how I feel about the lock on system and how it restricts certain things from you unless you do that.

I much prefer the hybrid of everything. And having the hybrid of so many of my favorite moves and access to all my weapons was one of my favorite things about the latest game. If I would have had Free Ride, and a Turbo mode out the gate, I would have been all set.
I just wanted to give my 2 cents on that issue even if I'm a little underqualified I guess to comment. I'll get it probably one day when I'm not bogged down by studies. I can see your point too though, as with that system with some quick button presses one had access to all 5 weapons at once.
After going back to DMC1 having already played the later games I did feel a little limited in ability without styles. Though a hybridized system is nice. One of the reasons I enjoy playing with Nero so much in 4 is that I like how simple it is to use him. I really wish one could access areal rave without having to go to swordmaster with Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Erian1Mortal: I didn't quite follow what you meant by, "they were burnt out with Dante". Do you mean like they ran out of ideas for him?

And yeah, I completely agree that Nero works from a design point of view, not a story one. However, I'm pretty sure that they did want to give Dante the devil bringer, but that wouldn't have worked.

And really if that is the case, it just further supports those points I mentioned earlier.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
@Erian1Mortal: I didn't quite follow what you meant by, "they were burnt out with Dante". Do you mean like they ran out of ideas for him?

And yeah, I completely agree that Nero works from a design point of view, not a story one. However, I'm pretty sure that they did want to give Dante the devil bringer, but that wouldn't have worked.

And really if that is the case, it just further supports those points I mentioned earlier.

The team jumped from DMC3 to DMC4 and they kinda ran out of ideas yes. That's something that happens when you give it your all in one project and then imediately start working on a sequel. I'll try finding the actual quote of the book later, when I get some more time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
There is nothing implicating they runed out of ideas. Rather I think it was result of tantrums some people threw over Nero and him being protagonist (much MGS2 reminder)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@LordOfDarkness
Its more that the dev team went straight from 2 into 3 and right after 3 they went straight into 4 rather go into new projects so they were burned out because of that push (according to the art book thread).

Nero or the idea of a new lead was a way to galvanize the dev team, push them out their fatigue.

absolitude

@LordOfDarkness
Its more that the dev team went straight from 2 into 3 and right after 3 they went straight into 4 rather go into new projects so they were burned out because of that push (according to the art book thread).

Nero or the idea of a new lead was a way to galvanize the dev team, push them out their fatigue.

oh, this kind of burned out, well that explains alot

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@LordOfDarkness

Uhh you do know that that was different team that made DMC2 and 3/4? Itsuno was only one connecting point, with writers/producers being completely different? So I find it very hard to believe piece of claim considering that technically they made only 2 games.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Uhh you do know that that was different team that made DMC2 and 3/4? Itsuno was only one connecting point, with writers/producers being completely different? So I find it very hard to believe piece of claim considering that technically they made only 2 games.

Most of the core team was the same (at least the DMC3 guys), meaning programmers, designers etc.
It was mostly that they gave it their all after DMC2. With DMC3 they gave everything they could think up for Dante, putting in even more stuff with DMC3SE (making Vergil playable and stuff). So they were all kinda burned out. But they had to include Dante, and on top of that they also needed to make new stuff for him.
Otherwise they couldn't include Nero (who wasn't really planned from the start, originially it was only Dante). They included him to get the teams morale up again.
Thinking about it, it was a really good move, because otherwise DMC4 might've turned out to become another DMC2.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Most of the core team was the same (at least the DMC3 guys), meaning programmers, designers etc.
It was mostly that they gave it their all after DMC2. With DMC3 they gave everything they could think up for Dante, putting in even more stuff with DMC3SE (making Vergil playable and stuff). So they were all kinda burned out. But they had to include Dante, and on top of that they also needed to make new stuff for him.
Otherwise they couldn't include Nero (who wasn't really planned from the start, originially it was only Dante). They included him to get the teams morale up again.
Thinking about it, it was a really good move, because otherwise DMC4 might've turned out to become another DMC2.
I already said DMC2 was handled by different team. It had different writer and different producer altogether. I don't really know where you found this information, because I read that Nero's inclusion was decision based on demand of new fan base so they included more younger, more brush and easier to use character than dante. So he included Nero to start new storyline. (which was cut short because of we all know what). I also read there were several ideas thrown on table during debate what to do next with DMC but they couldn't decide themselves for any one of them and decided for cheap bailout. Even if core team was tired it was completely possible for them to transfer it to different intern studio considering that Capcom can't boast diverse amount of releases, so this kind of reasoning seems far to vague to be real.

Top Bottom