• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry 5: What should it have?

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
What do you want to see in DMC5? Story, gameplay, etc.

Personally I'm STILL hoping it'll be the story of Sparda's time as one of Mundus' Generals, his Rebellion against his own kind, and his "final" moments.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
As for story i have a few
1. maybe a new adventure not set in Europe that does have Dante deal with an old case from his past.

2. I wouldn't mind Nero dealing with the fallout of 4 and searching for his origins in a spinoff.

3. A wizard of oz themed adventure

4. a intercompany crossover (either with capcom's other proprties or another company's)

5. DMC goes across the multiverse like shattered dimensions. (5 different leads-5 different Dante?)

6. a story set after 2.

EDIT- here's some more

#7 Dante was named after the actual Dante who went through the inferno with Sparda's help

#8 Dante's sword rebellion had a different name but Dante renamed it rebellion out of him never knowing the real name, youthful rebellion against his father (or spite), or both.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I still think Dante Alighieri would rock in DMC. They do say that the pen hurts more than the sword, after all... hehehe...

I've heard that it's not the size of the sword that matters but how one uses it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I mean , just imagine the awesomeness: Alighieri taunting demons.

"Veni qui, le tu' chiappe a incontrar il mi' stivale, maremma maiala!"

Okay nobody is gonna understand that...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante vs sparda who has been brought back to life and controlled by a necromancer , the fight of the series and the proof that dante is the strongest.Or failing that bring back mundus and have dante wipe him out off his own power and not his dads.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
the number 1 thing i want is for the game to actually be finished this time

but aside from that i think it would be awesome if all playable characters not just Dante had multiple styles and style switching

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
I'm actually starting a fanfic revolving around this idea but I wouldn't mind seeing a game based around the appearance of an actual Bloody Palace. Maybe that's where Sparda's actually been this entire time.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Well, you all know me, and you know how long and how hard I've been screeching for it, so my first wish should come as a surprise to absolutely NO ONE, but regardless:

A good story. I don't care who Capcom has to fire, who they have to hire or replace, or what kind of obstacles or restraints they have to overcome: with such a large cast of characters, some of which have sprung into cult icons, there's no reason not to utilize the shrinking pool of marginally-good traits about each character, and implement them into a reasonable narrative that sways from the nonsenical anime cheese that every game has churned out, even the good ones. I only say this because I love the series so much:the action, the characters, the production value, and the series as a whole deserves better than it has.

But besides that, I think the game should retain all mechanical progress and fluidity DMC4 achieved through the MT Framework engine, and I'd very much like the game to finally GIVE US THE DESCENT INTO HELL THE SERIES HAS BEEN TEASING FOR YEARS. We were cheated out of it in DMC2, it was planned and cancelled for Dante's campaign in DMC4....just put it in the game already. Our lead protagonist is named after Dante Allegheri, and he hasn't once dived into the same levels of purgatory mentioned in the Inferno. That's like having a game about the Wright Brothers and never having them go near a plane even once.

Nero would be a nice element to bring back to the series. His gameplay was a nice change-up from Dante's, and his role in the story deserves a better explanation. Not to mention that his dynamic with Dante worked very well for the cutscenes.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, you all know me, and you know how long and how hard I've been screeching for it, so my first wish should come as a surprise to absolutely NO ONE, but regardless:

A good story. I don't care who Capcom has to fire, who they have to hire or replace, or what kind of obstacles or restraints they have to overcome: with such a large cast of characters, some of which have sprung into cult icons, there's no reason not to utilize the shrinking pool of marginally-good traits about each character, and implement them into a reasonable narrative that sways from the nonsenical anime cheese that every game has churned out, even the good ones. I only say this because I love the series so much:the action, the characters, the production value, and the series as a whole deserves better than it has.

But besides that, I think the game should retain all mechanical progress and fluidity DMC4 achieved through the MT Framework engine, and I'd very much like the game to finally GIVE US THE DESCENT INTO HELL THE SERIES HAS BEEN TEASING FOR YEARS. We were cheated out of it in DMC2, it was planned and cancelled for Dante's campaign in DMC4....just put it in the game already. Our lead protagonist is named after Dante Allegheri, and he hasn't once dived into the same levels of purgatory mentioned in the Inferno. That's like having a game about the Wright Brothers and never having them go near a plane even once.

Nero would be a nice element to bring back to the series. His gameplay was a nice change-up from Dante's, and his role in the story deserves a better explanation. Not to mention that his dynamic with Dante worked very well for the cutscenes.
To add on to this, I'd like more dynamic level design. Limbo was f***ing cool and going back to the same old leftover Castlevania backdrops will only be a step backwards.

WolfOD64

To add on to this, I'd like more dynamic level design. Limbo was f***ing cool and going back to the same old leftover Castlevania backdrops will only be a step backwards.
One thing I wouldn't take away from DMC3 was its unique design of the Underworld Entrance, with the way that the stage reacted to you. If the whole game had been like that, it certainly would've made the backdrops suck a little less.

If they merged that kind of imagery with the drawn-out insanity of Limbo, they'd make for some excellent environments.

WolfOD64

@WolfOD64
How would you see a concept like Bulletstorm? Where the environment actively plays a part in killing enemies in a cool way?
Something like that would be godlike for a hack-n'-slash game. I always expected someone like Suda51 or Itagaki to experiment with that in one of their games, but neither of them have.

So for DMC to do it in the fifth entry would be excellent. Maybe have him use the environment the way Dante was supposed to in DmC.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
1. Return of the gothic setting in modern world. It was always trademark of the DMC which established connection to Divine Comedy
2. wrap of DMC2 storyline, with Dante finally returning from hell
3. more customisable options in skill tree. I don't care if people want easy to execute combos. Combos should be expansive and challenging, varying from basic combos to expansive combos between multiple weapons.
4. Establishing Nero's position in story-line. He's kinda left on his own in DMC4, time to change it.
5. Dante as main character. He was and will be main hero of the franchise.
6. New enemies, not related to past games. Mundus storyline should finally be left behind. You can kick dead horse only so long without it becoming boring. Return of the Vergil may be interesting though.
7. More horror elements. sadly from part 3 and up to DmC, franchise was lacking in horror elements. They should check how DMC1 was made.
8. It should be challenging. No more placeholder difficulties. If somebody finds it to hard, let them play on easy automatic. And no more "beat game 6 times" to get to somewhat challenging part.
9. Shadow Man like exploration. Mixing between real world and other world, while solving puzzles that adjust both worlds will add some nice touch to it.
10. no expansive RPG like inventor. DMC combat should be defined though combat not through equitable accessories.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If Dante has to be the lead again, I would like him to have something to fight for/go after/strive for so he can feel like the story is his own versus the anime or 2 where you could replace him easily with someone else. The only two episodes worth re-watching don't star him in the lead role after all:'(.

There are some cool ideas in the artbook thread that would be cool to see again like Lady as a older chain-smoking mentor would be cool to see in a Nero spinoff. Nero was originally conceived as Sherlocke Holmes gentleman so bringing that back would be trickier now:angel: (maybe making him more like Watson would be easier:angel:).

Top Bottom