• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Costumes

scionicspectre

So, I wonder if all of the other characters' costumes change depending on the one you choose. It could be that they automatically wear the costume that's unlocked for the difficulty of the costume you're wearing. I would like it much better if you could choose each costume for the cutscenes (and the Dante battles), but that would be a messy menu.

Frazz

General gamer
I am disappointed at no Nelo Angelo and the Trish and Lady skins are a little dull... DMC3 Lady is fine but I never liked Gloria's design and the blond Lady looks a little off. I hope there are more costumes that this. Also I hope Capcom releases some free DLC for Nelo. And I too think DmC Dante skin looks underwhelming (asides from the coat) so I'll probably stick to the Sparda version of Dante.

scionicspectre

So long as the existing modding tools still work, we can definitely supplement the costume selection given enough time to work on the models. I fully intend to make a Gilver costume eventually if it isn't included- not texture mods, but modeling from scratch for optimum results.

I'm sure we could change the textures for the costume selection menu as well to reflect the mods. Thank goodness they decided to rerelease for PC as well.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Part of me wonders if this really is a reference to DmC.
Well it's too similar to be a coincidence, and DmC also had costumes from the previous games.
I like to think Capcom are acknowledging DmC for the fans who liked that game and wanted to use the costume in this game.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Prototype Nero. Goddamn he looks cool with that scarf.

3f6d5f9aa10ddb3286d409ca84b1b612.png

Very close second, obviously Corrupt Vergil. Jesus those eyes... looks menacing.

64a701371f0fe0e41532c8205065577a.png

Now this looks sexy and Nero and Vergil know it.

scionicspectre

Well it's too similar to be a coincidence, and DmC also had costumes from the previous games.
I like to think Capcom are acknowledging DmC for the fans who liked that game and wanted to use the costume in this game.

Right, but black is the most reasonable alternate hair color for Dante (vs. blonde, red, or brown), and black/red isn't exactly out of character for the original series. So, while I think it probably is a reference, I don't think they chose it just because of DmC Dante. I think they chose it because they realized it would look pretty good, regardless.

EDIT: Nevermind, they gave him a white shirt underneath, so it's most definitely a reference. That's about the only part that looks truly 'off' to me about it. So far as palette swaps go, though, I really don't mind since they're not taking the place of anything else significant and we've always been able to make our own super easily.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmmm thinking about it... aside from Nero, Corrupt Vergil and Sparda, I can't say I'm totally satisfied with these costumes. Especially considering no Nelo Angelo.

I mean, we get color palettes instead of actual alternates? Not even coatless versions? DMC1 costume for Dante?

I really hope there's more they haven't shown or otherwise this is an epic fail for me.

I mean yeah the Capcom Unity blog post says there are more color palettes to show but I don't want damn color palettes, I want actual alternates!

But then again, the blog post doesn't mention Nero's Vergil coat yet he has it, so it's possible there's much more unshown stuff. Would be also reasonable that they don't want to spoil all costumes before the game releases.
Still worried though.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I, for one, am completely ecstatic about these costumes.

Nero's Protoype Costume is very cool and stylish (seeming like the kind of outfit he'd wear as an experienced Devil Hunter, long after the events of DMC4), and its inclusion reminds me of the Neo Dante Costume in DmC, which as also a prototype. Vergil's Corrupt Costume looks really neat, especially since I've wanted to see an HD Version of that costume for years. The only costume I'm a bit iffy about is DMC3 Lady, because she looks a lot like Kyrie without her glasses...
...which only comes off as off-putting.

That DmC Costume for Dante, though...as much as I like it, as much as I appreciate the nice little nod to the reboot as part of the franchise (in stark contrast to what the fanboys want to believe), I can already see people raging about its conclusion. Somehow, I just know people are going to be offended by the idea of DmC "tainting" the original games with its presence.

scionicspectre

I don't think the palette swaps are taking the place of alternate costumes- they're merely in addition to them. There's no reason to assume we aren't getting any more actual costumes.

I can already see people raging about its conclusion. Somehow, I just know people are going to be offended by the idea of DmC "tainting" the original games with its presence.

What's worse is that it's hardly DmCish at all in the first place. If anything, people should be more offended by Vergil's adapted moves, which I also think aren't as influenced by DmC as everyone says (despite Itsuno's comments).

Last edited:

Blazer-X

Well, Nero's Vergil coat IS a palette swap. I don't mind palette swaps if they are somewhat meaningful (Vante comes to mind). But I would wish they make an effort to actually make skins for the characters they are trying to emulate. Want a DmC Dante palette? Why not use a completely new skin? I know some fans might get offended with DmC Dante, but at least it'd be far more interesting than just a palette.

Kusanagi7

Motoko 4 lyfe!
Didn't they have that Dante pallet swap in mvc3?

I thought they got it from there and it was released befor DmC

Ixbran

Smashing~
  • Favorite Dante Costumes

• Favorite Others Costumes
I dont care what anyone says, regardless of how iffy DmC is, DmC Vergil will always have the better design over standard Vergil. As for Trish, eh? I don't honestly care much for her default design, and her outfit as Gloria isnt exactly in good taste for me. Maybe if Trish got an Eva costume, that'd be awesome But till then, I'm just fine with sticking with Trish's default design. I will say I do like DMC4's additions to her outfit though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom