• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Costumes

GabrielXx

i really hope we get lady's white body suit that would be nice, maybe they will sell the other suits as DLC down the road. right now the one that stands out to me is Nero in the prototype suit and Trish with the white top is pretty cool, and to see the sparda DT in this game is a dream come to life after so many years.

Ixbran

Smashing~
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but in all honesty, I want the DmC costumes for Dante and Vergil to get in this game. I will forever stand by my statement that DmC!Vergil is the better designed variation of his character. The normal version just screams "Saterday Morning Cartoon" samurai villain to me, something you'd see in a mighty morphen power rangers skit..

DmC's Vergil gives off a Trained Military General vibe, the air of someone who knows what hes doing. And even his story and personality, yeah what he did was kinda f'ed up, but it all stemmed from wanting to do something good. DMC!Vergil just wanted power for the sake of having power and nothing else, there is no real reason or motive behind ANYTHING that he does. And as a result, I simply cant invest my self in his character. Again, hes like a one-shot saterday morning cartoon villain, hes just power hungry simply for the sake of it, and damn the innocent people who may accidentally get in his way. DmC!Vergil at least wanted to do something with the power he was trying to get, and for that i simply find him more appealing, both in terms of personality and character design.

but yeah, sorry for the mini rant, just wanted to explain my reasons for wanting that costume.

Frazz

General gamer
I think a DmC Vergil would be a good costume. I just really like his coat because I have one that's similar. I think the costumes they've shown us are the only non-re skin costumes and the rest will literally be palette swaps. I'm hopeful for a Vante costume as that would be a more simple colour change.

Ixbran

Smashing~
I think a DmC Vergil would be a good costume. I just really like his coat because I have one that's similar. I think the costumes they've shown us are the only non-re skin costumes and the rest will literally be palette swaps. I'm hopeful for a Vante costume as that would be a more simple colour change.
who knows, maybe they will do a Vante costume where his hair is down instead of up, sort of like how in that one fight on top of the tower in DMC3 when it rains. That'd be pretty nice.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
All of my favorite costumes
Dante
DMC2
DanteDMC2-1.jpg

DMC4
devil-may-cry-4_pc-5194-tn.jpg

DmC (White haired, before anyone says anything. Yes I think he looks better with white hair. That being said, Neo Dante and Dark Dante both have white hair, and I think they both look stupid)

dmc_dante_white_hair_xnalara_by_sumirehaikuxna-d5nutk6.png

Vergil
DMC4 SE (Since it's just an update of the DMC3 version)
DMC4_Special_Edition_-_Vergil_1427107141.jpg

DmC (I still don't personally like what was done with his character, but I do like the design)
latest

Corrupt Vergil (It makes the list but Dante's Dark Knight costume doesn't because I don't think it suits Dante)
Super_Corrupt_Vergil.png

The other characters, I like both Nero''s default costume and his new one (I may like the new one more though). Trish has the same costume in every game, Lady similar to Nero I like both costumes. Lucia I like to pretend never happened.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Oops previous post I missed a couple
DMC3 Dante (I almost went with the DmC version of this costume just cause it is updated and I like the hair a bit more, but I dunno,I don't like the coat as much)
MTS_Navetsea-376544-devil-may-cry-3-dante.jpg

Anime Dante (I didn't like the original costume much in the first game, thought it looked a better in DMC3 (though I think Rebellion is a cooler looking sword then Force Edge) and the DmC version, while cool looking, doesn't fit with the game imo. The anime version, looks great, has Rebellion and, the animation makes a Devil May Cry/Hellsing crossover an easy thing for me to visualize, and that's awesome)
Dante.%28Devil.May.Cry%29.full.1143783.jpg

GabrielXx

@Ixbran sorry i will have to disagree with you about OgVergil

"Foolishness, Dante, foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself."

when he says that i still feel he was referring to there mother, remember Vergil was the older brother in the past games so when Sparda disappeared or died everything fell on him. i think his lust for power comes from his failure to save his mother and that weighs more heavily on him more then it does Dante. everything in the older games where much more subtle when it came to that stuff. do i like DmC Vergils costume over the original not really since the only thing i don't like is the weird white lines on the coat other then that it's pretty cool. i was hoping we got coat less Vergil but oh well

Ixbran

Smashing~
"Foolishness, Dante, foolishness. Might controls everything, and without strength, you cannot protect anything. Let alone yourself."

And this is where differences in opinion, thought, and interpretation can come to play. To me, when Vergil makes this statement, it simply comes off as him mocking Dante for wanting to use power for anything but destruction, let alone to protect anyone. Again, part of the cliche of villains wanting power for the sake of having it only ever want to use it for the sake of their own personal gain. Again, Vergil never gives an indication as to what he wants the power for.

If Vergil had really cared for their mother, and was remorseful for her death, you would think he would take into consideration the children and mothers of the city that Temen-ni-gru was underneath. By reviving that tower he set various demons lose upon to an unknowing populace. I often wonder how many mothers and children had been killed off screen as a result of his actions.

If Vergil had really wanted to attain power, for the sake of protecting others, he never would have put innocent lives at risk. Which is one of the primary reasons as to why I do not understand people wanting him to be some sort of Anti Hero, or some precious child who didn't know what he was doing. He knew damn well what he was doing, and he knew lives would be put at risk from his actions: and he simply didn't care.

I apologize for going on a tangent like this, this is supposed to be a thread regarding favorite costumes. After this post, I will no longer partake in this conversation, to prevent the topic from derailing any further.

scionicspectre

Thanks for wrapping that up nicely, guys. I wonder if, aside from the palette swaps, we'll get closer to the number of alternate costumes that were available in DMC 3. A few coatless variations would be enough for me, but it's pretty clear we'll all feel a bit dissatisfied if Dante doesn't get anything else.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Ixbran @AgentRedgrave yeah I would be ok with a default DmC Vergil costume if only it didn't remember me how much of a pussy and a weakling Vergil is in that game. I don't wanna have that feeling playing as OG Vergil especially considering how OP he is in this game. I wanna feel like the swift badass OG Vergil is.

Besides, looks too much like a butler to me.

If a DmC Vergil costume has to be ported here, it better be the "Super Sayan" one from Vergil's Downfall. I would roll with that.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but in all honesty, I want the DmC costumes for Dante and Vergil to get in this game. I will forever stand by my statement that DmC!Vergil is the better designed variation of his character. The normal version just screams "Saterday Morning Cartoon" samurai villain to me, something you'd see in a mighty morphen power rangers skit..

DmC's Vergil gives off a Trained Military General vibe, the air of someone who knows what hes doing. And even his story and personality, yeah what he did was kinda f'ed up, but it all stemmed from wanting to do something good. DMC!Vergil just wanted power for the sake of having power and nothing else, there is no real reason or motive behind ANYTHING that he does. And as a result, I simply cant invest my self in his character. Again, hes like a one-shot saterday morning cartoon villain, hes just power hungry simply for the sake of it, and damn the innocent people who may accidentally get in his way. DmC!Vergil at least wanted to do something with the power he was trying to get, and for that i simply find him more appealing, both in terms of personality and character design.

but yeah, sorry for the mini rant, just wanted to explain my reasons for wanting that costume.
Yea, as a person who was never a fan of the generic one note one dimensional villain the original Vergil was, who's outfit was also stupid, I was surprised I was more invested in Vergil's character in the new one than any other. He's got more to him. And his looks his slick. I like villains. Vergil was always a lame one that was never even remotely interesting to begin with. Without question his latest incarnation is superior.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yea, as a person who was never a fan of the generic one note one dimensional villain the original Vergil was, who's outfit was also stupid, I was surprised I was more invested in Vergil's character in the new one than any other. He's got more to him. And his looks his slick. I like villains. Vergil was always a lame one that was never even remotely interesting to begin with. Without question his latest incarnation is superior.

Don't start this again.

And I disagree. Strongly.

scionicspectre

That's what we call flamebait around these parts. Just giving you fair warning before this thread explodes into an unrelated discussion. Thank you for damning us all. D:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's only flamebait because you perceive it that way. Because you all have an almost irrational hatred for a video game and everything that isn't what you like is just somehow going against you. Because none of you will never see from a different perspective and think your personal preference is the right one.

Always gotta draw these arbitrary lines in the sand. This is why threads degrade, because everyone has to agree with you. I explained why I like the new Vergil over the old one. The only response I get is I'm wrong. And I wasn't even talking to any of you.

scionicspectre

It's only flamebait because you perceive it that way. Because you all have an almost irrational hatred for a video game and everything that isn't what you like is just somehow going against you. Because none of you will never see from a different perspective and think your personal preference is the right one.

Always gotta draw these arbitrary lines in the sand. This is why threads degrade, because everyone has to agree with you. I explained why I like the new Vergil over the old one. The only response I get is I'm wrong. And I wasn't even talking to any of you.

I love DmC. I don't think anyone has to agree with anyone. If you said the original Vergil was superior to DmC's Vergil, or that DmC Vergil wasn't remotely interesting, I would have told you the same thing.

There's a bit of a difference between expressing your opinion and stating things in a way that you know will get an unfavorable response- in an unrelated thread, no less.

I understand your frustration- I'm not calling you out for your opinion. I'm just warning you that, especially on these forums, things can get rather heated when you go to extremes. I'd like to keep the original intention of this thread alive.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The only response I get is I'm wrong.

Ok.

You got explanations, when you started this not a long time ago in the DmC DE thread. Don't try to pass it off as simple hatred like every time someone complains about DmC. It's a very recent discussion so there's really no point in both bringing it up again in the first place and repeating those same explanations again from both sides.

It's what I complained about back then: always the same discussions by the same members over and over and over.

Top Bottom