• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Costumes

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I love DmC. I don't think anyone has to agree with anyone. If you said the original Vergil was superior to DmC's Vergil, or that DmC Vergil wasn't remotely interesting, I would have told you the same thing.
Wasn't talking to particularly you, but why is it so taboo to think anything from the new game was better than the originals. And I LOVE the originals. My favorite is still DMC 1. I'm like the only person here who seems to like the original game more than any other because they're just all fans of 3 and 4.

I think there are things the previous series does better than the latest and vice versa. But nooooooo there's always a line drawn and you have to like one or the other with these people. I can't love both. If I reap any praise about the new one, it's always just wrong in their eyes even if I explain why. That's what I'm sick of.

Veloran

It's only flamebait because you perceive it that way. Because you all have an almost irrational hatred for a video game and everything that isn't what you like is just somehow going against you. Because none of you will never see from a different perspective and think your personal preference is the right one.

Always gotta draw these arbitrary lines in the sand. This is why threads degrade, because everyone has to agree with you. I explained why I like the new Vergil over the old one. The only response I get is I'm wrong. And I wasn't even talking to any of you.

Wasn't talking to particularly you, but why is it so taboo to think anything from the new game was better than the originals. And I LOVE the originals. My favorite is still DMC 1. I'm like the only person here who seems to like the original game more than any other because they're just all fans of 3 and 4.
I think there are things the previous series does better than the latest and vice versa. But nooooooo there's always a line drawn and you have to like one or the other with these people. I can't love both. If I reap any praise about the new one, it's always just wrong in their eyes even if I explain why. That's what I'm sick of.
Yes, everyone's opinion but your own is wildly obstinate and irrational.

You got your point across the first thirty times, thanks.

scionicspectre

I agree that the situation in the fandom is regrettable, as I too enjoy every installment to some extent, all for different reasons. I think there's something to enjoy and celebrate in all of these games, which is why I find it laughable that people find such small things to nitpick on. Even still, that's a discussion for another place where you will have more reception for your ideas.

A thread about costumes is not the relevant venue for this, and it is that behavior that I disagree with. While I appreciate your opinion, I have noticed you specifically tend to write in a subversive way that breaks up discussions and confuses issues in a variety of threads. I won't make any judgments on your personality, but I hope that you'll consider the impact your behavior may have on this thread's lifespan.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
There's a bit of a difference between expressing your opinion and stating things in a way that you know will get an unfavorable response- in an unrelated thread, no less.

This.

I'd like to keep the original intention of this thread alive.

Good, so lemme report something related to the topic from the DMC4 SE site:

2r2u2pk.png

I know there were doubts on how Super Vergil would work, and it says (sorry it's in Italian, I was too lazy to change language on the site LOL) that he'll have infinite DT and max Concentration all the time. Talk about OP!
Of course you'll get rank penalty if you use the Super costume.

Also, this is the concept art for Super Vergil, which looks awesome as ****:

16bf1ax.png

Now, it would be cool if he had those red eyes in his actual model too, but I doubt it.

However, remember the DMC3 Super Vergil costume, with that purple aura?

Super_Vergil_costume.jpg

At least we got something similar to that here, since when Vergil is in high Concentration, he's got a blueish aura around his head and upper body(not a lot visible in this pic, but make an effort):

vergil1.jpg

Since Super Verg will have max Concentration all the time, it's gonna be pretty cool looking in combat.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
*sigh* I am just angry at life at the moment, and it's showing through my post. Sorry.

I'm not gonna carry on with this silly stuff. It's just a video game. I gotta slow down here because I'm about to go off putting somebody in their place, but that'll give the mods a reason to come after me.

Making like a fetus and heading out.

scionicspectre

@Chancey289 Thanks for keeping a cool head about it. I hope these forums will become a more welcoming place in the future.

I'm pretty sure Super Vergil is what I'm gonna' use for that crazy trophy everyone's been talking about. That's not to say I won't go back in a second time to 'do it right'. ;)

Oh yes, I've wanted winter coat Dante for some time. As a 3D artist, I only recently discovered DMC 4's modding tools, so I'm honestly just waiting until the game is released to know what I should make. I'm sure I'll be pretty happy with anything, but the fact that scarf Nero is a thing gives me hope that the other concept art will break through.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 Thanks for Posting That Super Vergil pick man i have been looking for the everywhere since that is the wallpaper on PS4.

CE3Bu-SVEAA6D7Z.jpg

Holy mother... he looks awesome. I doubt he's gonna have those red eyes in the actual model, but at least Corrupt Vergil will have them. I hope they glow when you're in max Concentration.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
@Chancey289 Thanks for keeping a cool head about it. I hope these forums will become a more welcoming place in the future.

I'm pretty sure Super Vergil is what I'm gonna' use for that crazy trophy everyone's been talking about. That's not to say I won't go back in a second time to 'do it right'. ;)

Oh yes, I've wanted winter coat Dante for some time. As a 3D artist, I only recently discovered DMC 4's modding tools, so I'm honestly just waiting until the game is released to know what I should make. I'm sure I'll be pretty happy with anything, but the fact that scarf Nero is a thing gives me hope that the other concept art will break through.
SWEAR TO GOD ILL KISS YOU FOR A CASTIEL MOD FOR THAT SCARF NERO.

GabrielXx

@Foxtrot94 you can only get the background when you pre-order, i am importing mine but since the digital one is so cheap i might pick it up as well. i wonder if super vergil will be able to regain his health ?

scionicspectre

SWEAR TO GOD ILL KISS YOU FOR A CASTIEL MOD FOR THAT SCARF NERO.

I think I'll just put up a thread for ideas, then curate those into a poll. That way I'm not wasting time finessing a model no one's going to use. Needless to say, I'll have to wait until the game is released to 1. Make sure I'm not duplicating work and 2. Check if the modding tools still work so I can pull down the skeletons.

Vinosh

The costumes this disappointed.Okay good thing,that will be Sparda costume.But it could have been different kind of costumes in the game.For example:ninja costume.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@Ixbran @AgentRedgrave yeah I would be ok with a default DmC Vergil costume if only it didn't remember me how much of a pussy and a weakling Vergil is in that game. I don't wanna have that feeling playing as OG Vergil especially considering how OP he is in this game. I wanna feel like the swift badass OG Vergil is.

Besides, looks too much like a butler to me.

If a DmC Vergil costume has to be ported here, it better be the "Super Sayan" one from Vergil's Downfall. I would roll with that.
I agree, but like I said I just personally like the costume. Not a fan of the "Super Saiyan" version though. I didn't really like the glowing eyes and the hairstyle (New Vergil can't make original Vergil's hairstyle work)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I agree, but like I said I just personally like the costume. Not a fan of the "Super Saiyan" version though. I didn't really like the glowing eyes and the hairstyle (New Vergil can't make original Vergil's hairstyle work)

I'd just like something Vergil's Downfall related, because that DLC captures way more the essence of what a character named Vergil should be about than the main DmC did.

As a Vergil fan, in DmC I saw him committing one big unforgivable sin that any Vergil incarnation should never commit (I think you know what I'm talking about and no it's not the moment when he shoots Lilith). I see Vergil's Downfall as the redemption of his name (literally and ironically, given the name of the DLC), and I think that costume reflects that.

I agree with you about the hairstyle, but they could simply keep OG Vergil's hair, I don't see the problem there.

Last edited:

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
This.

Good, so lemme report something related to the topic from the DMC4 SE site:

2r2u2pk.png

I know there were doubts on how Super Vergil would work, and it says (sorry it's in Italian, I was too lazy to change language on the site LOL) that he'll have infinite DT and max Concentration all the time. Talk about OP!
Of course you'll get rank penalty if you use the Super costume.

Also, this is the concept art for Super Vergil, which looks awesome as ****:

16bf1ax.png

Now, it would be cool if he had those red eyes in his actual model too, but I doubt it.

However, remember the DMC3 Super Vergil costume, with that purple aura?

Super_Vergil_costume.jpg

At least we got something similar to that here, since when Vergil is in high Concentration, he's got a blueish aura around his head and upper body(not a lot visible in this pic, but make an effort):

vergil1.jpg

Since Super Verg will have max Concentration all the time, it's gonna be pretty cool looking in combat.

Interesting considering Vergil's eyes are Red instead of glowing Turquoise Silver-Blue to match his Hyper Devil Trigger...I mean yes it shows a more menacing look but Red isn't that much of a malevolent colour. As Spock would say "Fascinating"

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
...I wake up to this? Seriously guys, do some of you even bother to listen to us? Not only have I requested, both politely and not so politely, that you lot try to keep to the point of these threads (Which if this is anything to go by then some of you don't seem to able to follow that rule).

Now, I appreciate those who report things like this. However, for those who get involved with the issue themselves. I understand that you have good intentions. But at the same time you're just adding to it more. The best thing to do is to report something and then continue with the thread, not trying to resolve an issue yourself. You might end up with a warning just for getting involved, which isn't worth it. So keep that in mind for any future situations. Your help is appreciated, but don't put yourself in the line of fire for somebody else's wrongdoings.

Any warnings that need to be given here will be dealt with. I've nothing more to say other than to urge everybody to continue with the actual topic here. Thanks.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Interesting considering Vergil's eyes are Red instead of glowing Turquoise Silver-Blue to match his Hyper Devil Trigger...I mean yes it shows a more menacing look but Red isn't that much of a malevolent colour. As Spock would say "Fascinating"

Hyper Devil Trigger? What's that?

Veloran

I'd just like something Vergil's Downfall related, because that DLC captures way more the essence of what a character named Vergil should be about than the main DmC did.

As a Vergil fan, in DmC I saw him committing one big unforgivable sin that any Vergil incarnation should never commit (I think you know what I'm talking about and no it's not the moment when he shoots Lilith). I see Vergil's Downfall as the redemption of his name (literally and ironically, given the name of the DLC), and I think that costume reflects that.

I agree with you about the hairstyle, but they could simply keep OG Vergil's hair, I don't see the problem there.
What, running away?

VD was just more of the same, only in a different direction.

Hyper Devil Trigger? What's that?
Might be talking about his Super Devil Trigger.

Top Bottom