• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Absolutely no idea. I messed with some stuff that will probably have far-reaching consequences in some parallel universe in the future or whatever...but at least it's worked.
We’re all gonna log on one day and the forum will be green with dancing paperclips everywhere and somehow whatever you did caused it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
How far reaching we talking? o_O

wanda-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-4k-wallpaper-uhdpaper.com-446@1@g-scaled.jpg

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
A. Would you hang an eye and mind pleasing painting on your wall if you knew it was painted by a convicted criminal?
B. Would your answer be the same if you knew the criminal would get no royalties or other benefits from it?
C. Would your answer be the same if you could be sure no one else knew who the artist is?
D. Would your answers for A-C be the same if the artist was a long time deceased, but known, totalitarian dictator or e.g. Nazi Germany leader?

No other reason to ask for this but an interesting theoretical discussion I had last night. Feel free to skip any question you feel uncomfortable to ponder.

Meg

A. Would you hang an eye and mind pleasing painting on your wall if you knew it was painted by a convicted criminal?
B. Would your answer be the same if you knew the criminal would get no royalties or other benefits from it?
C. Would your answer be the same if you could be sure no one else knew who the artist is?
D. Would your answers for A-C be the same if the artist was a long time deceased, but known, totalitarian dictator or e.g. Nazi Germany leader?

No other reason to ask for this but an interesting theoretical discussion I had last night. Feel free to skip any question you feel uncomfortable to ponder.
Why do you ask? If I say yes, will you immediately try to sell me your paintings? I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, it’s a good question. No artist or figure in history is entirely good. For the most part, I separate art from the artist. But if the crimes are too extreme or too recent, I struggle to view the art objectively. For example, House of Cards used to be my favorite show. Now it’s a show that exists but I have no interest in.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium

It is an interesting discussion indeed. Generally speaking I can separate the artist from the artwork and I don't have a problem with what anyone wants to do in their private life - even that one guy who was obsessed with collecting Nazi memorabilia, so long as it doesn't break the law obviously. But where I do draw a line is when it is not appropriate - my go to example to explain what I mean would be the fact that the BBC our state media (putting aside the ethics of even having a state broadcaster) has a troubled history of shielding pedophiles and perhaps not uncoincidentally, their headquarters proudly displays a statue that was gifted to them by one such pedophile. I don't think the BBC which represents the country (for better or worse) should have that on display at their HQ. If it were up to me, I'd take it down, sell it to a private individual and give the money to a charity. But the BBC seem weirdly protective of it - one can only wonder why...

Meg

It is an interesting discussion indeed. Generally speaking I can separate the artist from the artwork and I don't have a problem with what anyone wants to do in their private life - even that one guy who was obsessed with collecting Nazi memorabilia, so long as it doesn't break the law obviously. But where I do draw a line is when it is not appropriate - my go to example to explain what I mean would be the fact that the BBC our state media (putting aside the ethics of even having a state broadcaster) has a troubled history of shielding pedophiles and perhaps not uncoincidentally, their headquarters proudly displays a statue that was gifted to them by one such pedophile. I don't think the BBC which represents the country (for better or worse) should have that on display at their HQ. If it were up to me, I'd take it down, sell it to a private individual and give the money to a charity. But the BBC seem weirdly protective of it - one can only wonder why...
Well now I’m curious. Who gifted the statue and what is it of?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Well now I’m curious. Who gifted the statue and what is it of?
It's ah..."Ariel and Prospero" based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest" and is of a grown man holding up a naked boy (with genitalia on full display). It was created by the now infamous sculptor Eric Gill for the BBC's new broadcasting house in London. Obviously he was not outed as a pedophile at the time, nor even during his life but rather forty years after his death.

Needless to say, the statue remains controversial and there have even been attempts by some people to deface it which I disavow but I am as I mentioned in the camp that don't feel the BBC should be displaying it in front of their HQ.

Meg

It's ah..."Ariel and Prospero" based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest" and is of a grown man holding up a naked boy (with genitalia on full display). It was created by the now infamous sculptor Eric Gill for the BBC's new broadcasting house in London. Obviously he was not outed as a pedophile at the time, nor even during his life but rather forty years after his death.

Needless to say, the statue remains controversial and there have even been attempts by some people to deface it which I disavow but I am as I mentioned in the camp that don't feel the BBC should be displaying it in front of their HQ.
Woooooooow that’s um….I don’t know what I expected, but it wasn’t that.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hi Mods, how are you? Question.

1. If I post a link to a Youtube video, how do I make the image of the video appear instead of the link?

2. Can I upload images from my PC straight to the forum? I can only seem to do it through a link. (Like a Link to facebook or etc)

Thanks for your time.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hi Mods, how are you? Question.

1. If I post a link to a Youtube video, how do I make the image of the video appear instead of the link?

2. Can I upload images from my PC straight to the forum? I can only seem to do it through a link. (Like a Link to facebook or etc)

Thanks for your time.

1. To add the video directly you must use just the ID code of the video in media tags. See image example below.

354-F6118-057-D-411-E-91-E7-2-BC979941-D2-E.jpg

This link: https://youtu.be/Ro26B394ZBM

Would need to be: [media=youtube]Ro26B394ZBM[/media]

Which would show as:

2. The images usually have to be hosted somewhere first (as my image above has been), we don’t tend to locally host images.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So, I've heard stories of Americans who come to England and are baffled by the sight of sinks with two faucets - one for hot water and the other for cold water. I was never sure if these stories were real or just poking fun at the yanks, so I thought I'd ask here: Do you really have sinks with only one faucet over there?

Meg

So, I've heard stories of Americans who come to England and are baffled by the sight of sinks with two faucets - one for hot water and the other for cold water. I was never sure if these stories were real or just poking fun at the yanks, so I thought I'd ask here: Do you really have sinks with only one faucet over there?
Do you….not have sinks with only one faucet? WTF I never heard about this before. Whhhhy do you need two separate faucets when one will do? What is going on with our friends across the pond???????

And no, I’m not a Brit pulling your chain. I’m from Pennsylvania. I am 100% genuinely baffled right now and need answers. Do your showers have two heads: one hot one cold? I NEED TO KNOW.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yes. This is mostly the same in Mexico, though having 2 is rare these days it’s not unheard of. Actually, as far as I’ve seen, having a standard of two is rare. Is it the same as the uk in all the other European countries you’ve visited?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Do you….not have sinks with only one faucet? WTF I never heard about this before. Whhhhy do you need two separate faucets when one will do? What is going on with our friends across the pond???????

And no, I’m not a Brit pulling your chain. I’m from Pennsylvania. I am 100% genuinely baffled right now and need answers. Do your showers have two heads: one hot one cold? I NEED TO KNOW.
Behold - the type of sink that I am familiar with. (This applies for kitchen and bathroom sinks).

traditional-basin.jpg

As for showers, I at least have only one shower head but we have two valves, one for controlling the flow of water which comes out ice cold and then a second valve which increases the temperature the more you turn it.

Meg

Behold - the type of sink that I am familiar with. (This applies for kitchen and bathroom sinks).

traditional-basin.jpg

As for showers, I at least have only one shower head but we have two valves, one for controlling the flow of water which comes out ice cold and then a second valve which increases the temperature the more you turn it.
All the British shows/movies I have watched and somehow never noticed. I will now though! Final season of The Crown is gonna be wild!

I was joking about the shower heads, but thank you for answering that question too. :ROFL:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Since we're on the topic, there was one other thing that confused me about America - that being apparently you don't put sales tax on price tags so say hypothetically you see a carton of milk at $5.99 and then take it to the checkout, it suddenly becomes $6.48.

Is that a real thing as well? Sounds bonkers to me, I would assume I'd either be getting ripped off or going crazy if the price suddenly changed like that. o_O

Top Bottom