• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Since we're on the topic, there was one other thing that confused me about America - that being apparently you don't put sales tax on price tags so say hypothetically you see a carton of milk at $5.99 and then take it to the checkout, it suddenly becomes $6.48.

Is that a real thing as well? Sounds bonkers to me, I would assume I'd either be getting ripped off or going crazy if the price suddenly changed like that. o_O
It is unfortunately a real thing. What’s better, is that sales tax varies by state. Where I live, essential items (food, clothes) are not taxed but everything else is. Delaware has no sales tax at all, but other states even food is taxed. So have fun with that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
All the British shows/movies I have watched and somehow never noticed. I will now though! Final season of The Crown is gonna be wild!

I was joking about the shower heads, but thank you for answering that question too. :ROFL:

It’s not a universal thing as my bathroom sink & bath has 2 taps but my kitchen sink has 1.

Reactions: Meg

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
Would it be entirely unreasonable to be able to remove people here on the forums who have blocked you. I try unfollow but it does not work. Also the youtube link from the forums doesnt work anymore I think. Checked around. Seems like youtube channel name url has changed since last time. Great if someone could take a look at this.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Would it be entirely unreasonable to be able to remove people here on the forums who have blocked you. I try unfollow but it does not work. Also the youtube link from the forums doesnt work anymore I think. Checked around. Seems like youtube channel name url has changed since last time. Great if someone could take a look at this.

Not sure exactly what you mean by 'Remove People who have blocked you'. The Ignore and Block feature of Xenforo is rather half baked and users have been calling out for a more robust system for years but to my knowledge its functionality is still rather basic unfortunately.

Do you have a link to the Youtube Channel for me to reference? I will look into it and see what can be done.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This is an unusual request, I suppose.

I normally use the pseudonym "thesaunderschild" on forums, having had it as my alias on this site before too. However, due to being stalked and harassed by a madman in Australia called James, I decided to switch things up and begin using different screen-names online. This proved to be feutile regardless, as he just made a list of them.

But lately, he has attempted to join forums kidding on he is me. So please ban the user name from being registered. That way, he won't be able to impersonate me on here. Thank you.

I have seen the account had attempted to be registered with that username, @Steve would likely have to select the option to not allow that specific text in usernames (thesaunderschild) to prevent accounts being registered under that username. Odd choice of your username however as that could be flagged as spam on some forums, although I imagine its to avoid them associating it with you.

Taramafor

Ever thought about helping people "dr phill" style? I'm quite good at it and am seeking to do more of it.

I ask because a lot of depression and suicide happens online when people avoid hard topics. This site seems to know better then that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Ever thought about helping people "dr phill" style? I'm quite good at it and am seeking to do more of it.

I ask because a lot of depression and suicide happens online when people avoid hard topics. This site seems to know better then that.

As a forum we are here to 'talk' and communicate with others all around the world. Many long term friendships (and more) have been formed across our network so in a way I guess you could say that by existing we have helped some people reach out and given them others with similar interests to talk to.

Taramafor

As a forum we are here to 'talk' and communicate with others all around the world. Many long term friendships (and more) have been formed across our network so in a way I guess you could say that by existing we have helped some people reach out and given them others with similar interests to talk to.
I noticed. Good that you can invite the unpopuler opinions. What I'm thinking is discord could do with more of that.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
My suggestion shot down oh well. It IS unreasonable then. Tried to ask nicely but to no avail. I suggest you just ban me forever then ONLY if you think I should get the F out of here. Maybe its just me but it seems like this site isnt what it was before...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Would you ever consider private orgs or embassies in here to entice new members, like a sparda family one, demons one, humans one etc and as a place for existing members to chat freely without making or taking up a lot of threadspace. Maybe by having a tavern chat to just talk themselves?

Reason i ask is i have been part of that in other forums before and it worked really well

Meg

Would you ever consider private orgs or embassies in here to entice new members, like a sparda family one, demons one, humans one etc and as a place for existing members to chat freely without making or taking up a lot of threadspace. Maybe by having a tavern chat to just talk themselves?

Reason i ask is i have been part of that in other forums before and it worked really well
We used to have something like that, back in the day. I think it was before the site switched to Xenforo. So I doubt it’s supported on this platform. I think we also had a Discord at some point, but I’m not sure what happened to that. Maybe we can try bringing it back?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
We used to have something like that, back in the day. I think it was before the site switched to Xenforo. So I doubt it’s supported on this platform. I think we also had a Discord at some point, but I’m not sure what happened to that. Maybe we can try bringing it back?
The discord is still there but i am the only one active on it lol, other than @V's patron

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am all for any ideas to get the discord more active, i am also happy to help out within my capacity on here as a member

Or if ye need mods in the future, i am happy to put my name forward as i have done it before. Aside from all that are ye up for forum games? Like mafia game or something akin where we can all play a part ?

Meg

I am all for any ideas to get the discord more active, i am also happy to help out within my capacity on here as a member

Or if ye need mods in the future, i am happy to put my name forward as i have done it before. Aside from all that are ye up for forum games? Like mafia game or something akin where we can all play a part ?
What’s a mafia game? In the past we had a section for forum games. Some if it got out of hand or way too spammy, but we don’t have a ton of active members anymore, so I think it will be easier to managed. We would just have to make sure there’s a point to the games and not just memes and spam.

Top Bottom