• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Keaton

Premium
I'm thinking it's to do with the second and third definitions for draw:

to bring, take, or pull out, as from a receptacle or source
to bring toward oneself or itself, as by inherent force or influence; attract

By that reasoning, the second definition would reference drawing a bath (you're taking water from its source to fill the tub) and the third would be for drawing curtains (you're pulling the curtains towards each other).

-hides-

That does make sense, hm... I wonder how many more of my insanities you can make sense of? *flicks through the list*

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Is there any way to turn off notifications from when people tag you on profile pages (even after they've been ignored?)?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Is there any way to turn off notifications from when people tag you on profile pages (even after they've been ignored?)?

The only way to stop receiving alerts when you're mentioned on someone's profile is through your alert preferences, but I expect that you'll stop receiving alerts from everyone when they mention you, whereas I believe you're asking to stop getting notified from members you've ignored only. I'm not sure if there's any other way around that problem.

You can turn off alert notifications for certain things in the alert preferences section of your profile settings.

At first I was going to offer the same advice by suggesting to go to alert preferences, but then I thought that the question isn't to turn off alerts from everyone, just those that are ignored.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The only way to stop receiving alerts when you're mentioned on someone's profile is through your alert preferences, but I expect that you'll stop receiving alerts from everyone when they mention you, whereas I believe you're asking to stop getting notified from members you've ignored only. I'm not sure if there's any other way around that problem.

At first I was going to offer the same advice by suggesting to go to alert preferences, but then I thought that the question isn't to turn off alerts from everyone, just those that are ignored.

It's a strange one as although as staff we can't use the ignore function but it was my understanding that it should essentially block communication from set people and therefore you shouldn't get notifications. Will have to do some digging on Xenforo forums and see details about how it actually works.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
I've a little problem:
I renewed my membership subscription about a week ago, but it still doesn't show. I PM'ed Steve but I've got no answer, so I suppose he must be busy.
Even so, is it possible to do something about it?

Thank you in advance!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I signed up in the RE board like, 15 mins ago or something but the confirmation email hasn't arrived yet. Is there any staff member who's also there to look into the issue?

Dark Drakan

Admin
There is a button that marks all message/thead as read?

Excuse screenshot im on my work computer.

Untitled.jpg

If you happen to be in a particular section you can mark JUST that part of the forum as read too.

Skagewid

I have a problem with post counter : every two-three posts , the forum signs as if I have done only one post for all.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I have a problem with post counter : every two-three posts , the forum signs as if I have done only one post for all.

Your post count is 40 now, so it's gone up from 38.

You're saying it's only counting one post for every 2-3 posts you make. Please be aware that posting in Bloody Palace/Forum Games does not go towards your post count. Therefore, any posts made there in that section will not be counted for and subsequently not adding to your post count.

Top Bottom