• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

IncarnatedDemon

What do you think of rebooting of games or characters?

When answering the question have in mind that arguments like:

"Reboots can be good" is pretty void. Any new IP can be good. The Last Of Us sold 3.4m, and many people enjoyed the game.

A serie gets stale after a while
A serie should never continue longer than what is appropriate for it.
Take Resident Evil serie for example, it should have long time ago died. But Capcom continues on with it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
What do you think of rebooting of games or characters?

When answering the question have in mind that arguments like:

"Reboots can be good" is pretty void. Any new IP can be good. The Last Of Us sold 3.4m, and many people enjoyed the game.

A serie gets stale after a while
A serie should never continue longer than what is appropriate for it.
Take Resident Evil serie for example, it should have long time ago died. But Capcom continues on with it.

If a series has started to get stale then im all for reboots, however they shouldnt be used as a way to make a quick buck from a series when they have simply ran out of ideas and avenues to take it. I think games like Tomb Raider needed it, as they had been getting lower and lower sales and more and more negative reactions from the press and gamers. It needed a fresh start, I personally think Resident Evil could do with one as it needs to go back to what made the original so good. It had gone down the road that many horror movies have made the mistake of doing and sacrificed atmosphere, pace and scares for action and gore.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dear Staff

If you could ask yourself one question, what would it be? =/

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
long thread. not sure if this question was answered already, but what is your favorite childhood movie or tv show?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Good answer. Well do you feel lucky, punk? (Btw I'm not calling you a punk! Please for the love of God and the Internet don't ban me)...xD

Always :cool:

long thread. not sure if this question was answered already, but what is your favorite childhood movie or tv show?

I had multiple of both and depends on age you mean but I loved 80's/90's actions movies with Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Bruce Lee, TV wise it was things like Thundercats, Transformers, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Saved by the Bell, Are you afraid of the dark, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Power Rangers, Fresh Prince of Bel Air. There were just too many to name to be honest I would have to narrow it down to a specific age. :lol:

Do you have a favorite band?

Again I dont have a single favourite band ever but I do have plenty of bands I like and have listened to for a long time and been to hundreds of gigs and many festivals. I was brought up on bands like Metallica, Pantera, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Guns and Roses, Alice Cooper and many more older bands but I also enjoy bands like Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Down, Faith No More, Motley Crue (remembering from my last played list). I would search through my albums but at work currently but I own over 100 albums and tend to rotate based on mood.

I could likely fill this page with bands and movies I like quite easily. :lol:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Again I dont have a single favourite band ever but I do have plenty of bands I like and have listened to for a long time and been to hundreds of gigs and many festivals. I was brought up on bands like Metallica, Pantera, Black Sabbath, ACDC, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Judas Priest, Guns and Roses, Alice Cooper and many more older bands but I also enjoy bands like Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Five Finger Death Punch, 3 Doors Down, Disturbed, Breaking Benjamin, Down, Faith No More, Motley Crue (remembering from my last played list). I would search through my albums but at work currently but I own over 100 albums and tend to rotate based on mood.

I could likely fill this page with bands and movies I like quite easily. :lol:

I like your answer.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I will add though, that my most listened track at the moment is this. One of my favourite newer bands who are also a great live band (who ive seen 3 times) combining with lead singer of a band I was brought up on (Judas Priest).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wow - could be here all day thinking of my favourite tv show as a kid...um, can't pick just one but I loved stuff like Knightmare, The Raccoons, Sesame Street, anything shown on CITV and CBBC as well as the channel 4 favourites like Trumpton, Magic Roundabout and...erm...Bill and Teds Adventures series *dies of shame*

Do you have a favorite band?
Never had a favourite but was raised to appreciate a wide variety of musical genres. My collection includes everything from classical to drum and bass and, of course, a little Demon Hunter just to upset the neighbours ;)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Never had a favourite but was raised to appreciate a wide variety of musical genres. My collection includes everything from classical to drum and bass and, of course, a little Demon Hunter just to upset the neighbours ;)

I introduce my neighbors to a lot of different music too. When they scream they tell me to turn it up. Or maybe down but I turn it up just to be sure. Wouldn't want them to miss out on some great tunes.

While I'm more of a rocker I also can enjoy lots of different genres of music except country. I can't stand country music whatsoever. The only music I can't tolerate or like at all lol.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yoohoo is the best chocolate drink in the world. Do you agree?
images

Frazz

General gamer
I will add though, that my most listened track at the moment is this. One of my favourite newer bands who are also a great live band (who ive seen 3 times) combining with lead singer of a band I was brought up on (Judas Priest).

That whole album is magnificent!!

My question is: what do you think is more important? Story or gameplay?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yoohoo is the best chocolate drink in the world. Do you agree?
images

Cant say ive heard of that here, I dont mind this though:

3206864466_9e130e1690.jpg

That whole album is magnificent!!

My question is: what do you think is more important? Story or gameplay?

I would say both are just as important really, I mean I could play a game with decent gameplay but a terrible story but I wouldnt remember it for being great. Dont know if I could play a game with a great story and awful gameplay either, they have to have a good mix of both. However more games could be forgiven for having poor stories but being good in the gameplay department as some developers arent great at writing memorable stories.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
TV wise it was things like Thundercats, Transformers, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Saved by the Bell, Are you afraid of the dark, Rugrats, Hey Arnold, Power Rangers, Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

All of that is my childhood. Except for Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds, puppets scare me >_>

Top Bottom