• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Dark Drakan

Admin
Okay, am I insane, or is Mr. Credo not around here much anymore? Am I missing something? Is he a ninja and that's why I don't see him?

THAT'S IT! :steve:

He has a lot of things to do away from the forums and Internet in general that's all, hes still around when he can fit it into his schedule but maybe not so he can be seen all the time. :steve:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I am actually a full-time carer for my middle son Jake who is autistic. Everything else I do is voluntary such as being the director of a charity and this forum-admin business.
Autistic? You have an autistic son? I'm autistic myself, Angel.

BTW, speaking of autism Angel, now that you mentioned having an autistic son, does that mean you have great understanding with other people with autism too?
If so, how could you tell the posts here in DMC.org are that of autistic people, such as myself? Do you ask them personally of their problems?

I'm glad you brought up autism in the topic of asking, because I ask as an autistic person myself.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
'What', thats the mothers name.
tumblr_matfdfvTrw1r9oh2ho1_500.gif

Correct! :3

Next question:

You are standing outside a closed door. On the other side of the door is a room that has three light bulbs in it. The room is completely sealed off from the outside. It has no windows and nothing can get in or out except through the door. On the outside of the room there are three light switches that control each of the respective light bulbs on the other side of the door.

Your assignment is to determine which light switch controls which light bulb. You are allowed to enter the room only once, and once you come out, you must be able to state with 100% certainty which light switch controls which light bulb.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Autistic? You have an autistic son? I'm autistic myself, Angel.

BTW, speaking of autism Angel, now that you mentioned having an autistic son, does that mean you have great understanding with other people with autism too?
If so, how could you tell the posts here in DMC.org are that of autistic people, such as myself? Do you ask them personally of their problems?

I'm glad you brought up autism in the topic of asking, because I ask as an autistic person myself.

Yeah, my 3 year old was formally diagnosed in January this year and attends a special needs school about 8 miles away. He has very immature speech (although far more capable than he was 6 months ago) and his temper tantrums are...yeah. He dislocated my jaw once, put it that way.

I think I have more of an understanding in that I don't automatically assume a kid kicking off in public is a brat - autism is invisible and I know how much it has hurt us to have people comment on our parenting or our "weird" son. I'm also more mindful of when I see autistic children getting wound up and automatically start looking for the possible trigger to either eliminate it or make it easier. I pick my battles too ;) but I wouldn't say I have a great understanding at all. The thing is, when you meet one autistic person you have only met one autistic person. They are not all the same, they don't all follow a set pattern, they aren't all either Rain Man or that kid Simon from Mercury Rising. How Jake behaves is completely different to the other kids in his class - but they are all autistic.

I cannot tell through posts alone that someone has ASD on here. I am aware, however, that there are quite a few regular posters here on the spectrum which is actually hugely encouraging to me because when I see certain posts from people I know for sure who have ASD, it gives me hope that one day my son may be able to talk properly, hold a conversation that isn't just him imparting information or expressing needs and wants - maybe even make friends. It reminds me that there is nothing "wrong" with him, he's just different.

I've never approached anyone directly about their autism on here because to be honest, I wouldn't want to offend or come off as patronising somehow. I know how ASD affects my son but I don't know how ASD affects you guys and for me to presume you are the same as Jake would be pretty dumb. The only person I have ever really chatted to about it is DS because her daughter is on the spectrum too and she was a great source of help when I was going through the process of figuring out why my son is the way he is prior to diagnosis. But this is not to say I would never discuss it with anyone here - I just don't want to make the first move in case I upset someone as I am still learning about the condition and I know some people can be very touchy about the language used when talking about ASD. For example, my son is registered as disabled so when talking about him, I will often say he is disabled which angers some ASD people because of the connotations of being labelled as having a disability. I have little time and patience for tiptoeing around terminology because it makes conversations harder and relationships strained - but obviously if someone with ASD doesn't want me to refer to THEM as disabled, then fine. No problem. But I'm not going to go out of my way to be politically correct about every tiny thing because it's exhausting! Plus, if I'm truly honest, sometimes I get things done quicker and more courteously when I tell people my son is disabled rather than giving them a quick run-down of what autism is.

MigsRZXAStylish

Yeah, my 3 year old was formally diagnosed in January this year and attends a special needs school about 8 miles away. He has very immature speech (although far more capable than he was 6 months ago) and his temper tantrums are...yeah. He dislocated my jaw once, put it that way.

I think I have more of an understanding in that I don't automatically assume a kid kicking off in public is a brat - autism is invisible and I know how much it has hurt us to have people comment on our parenting or our "weird" son. I'm also more mindful of when I see autistic children getting wound up and automatically start looking for the possible trigger to either eliminate it or make it easier. I pick my battles too ;) but I wouldn't say I have a great understanding at all. The thing is, when you meet one autistic person you have only met one autistic person. They are not all the same, they don't all follow a set pattern, they aren't all either Rain Man or that kid Simon from Mercury Rising. How Jake behaves is completely different to the other kids in his class - but they are all autistic.

I cannot tell through posts alone that someone has ASD on here. I am aware, however, that there are quite a few regular posters here on the spectrum which is actually hugely encouraging to me because when I see certain posts from people I know for sure who have ASD, it gives me hope that one day my son may be able to talk properly, hold a conversation that isn't just him imparting information or expressing needs and wants - maybe even make friends. It reminds me that there is nothing "wrong" with him, he's just different.

I've never approached anyone directly about their autism on here because to be honest, I wouldn't want to offend or come off as patronising somehow. I know how ASD affects my son but I don't know how ASD affects you guys and for me to presume you are the same as Jake would be pretty dumb. The only person I have ever really chatted to about it is DS because her daughter is on the spectrum too and she was a great source of help when I was going through the process of figuring out why my son is the way he is prior to diagnosis. But this is not to say I would never discuss it with anyone here - I just don't want to make the first move in case I upset someone as I am still learning about the condition and I know some people can be very touchy about the language used when talking about ASD. For example, my son is registered as disabled so when talking about him, I will often say he is disabled which angers some ASD people because of the connotations of being labelled as having a disability. I have little time and patience for tiptoeing around terminology because it makes conversations harder and relationships strained - but obviously if someone with ASD doesn't want me to refer to THEM as disabled, then fine. No problem. But I'm not going to go out of my way to be politically correct about every tiny thing because it's exhausting! Plus, if I'm truly honest, sometimes I get things done quicker and more courteously when I tell people my son is disabled rather than giving them a quick run-down of what autism is.
Long answer you got there. Thanks for the kind answer, though. :D

MigsRZXAStylish

Sorry; double posted. Damn Internet!

Yeah. I'm not weird. I'm just different. And it feels good to be different from the rest...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Next question:

You are standing outside a closed door. On the other side of the door is a room that has three light bulbs in it. The room is completely sealed off from the outside. It has no windows and nothing can get in or out except through the door. On the outside of the room there are three light switches that control each of the respective light bulbs on the other side of the door.

Your assignment is to determine which light switch controls which light bulb. You are allowed to enter the room only once, and once you come out, you must be able to state with 100% certainty which light switch controls which light bulb.

I would feel them, turn first on and leave on for a few minutes to get hot then turn it off. Then turn next on and leave it on. The one that is warm out of the ones that are turned off is the one I would have turned on first.

Top Bottom