• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Dark Drakan

Admin
I feel dumb asking this because of how long I've bee here, but what exactly is backseat moderating? I ask because between here and REN, I've seen multiple staff members complaining about how annoying it is, but I've never been 100% sure I understand what it is. Is it really just regular members complaining to staff about what they should be doing? That's what I always thought. Or is it something else?

Just curious! :D And thanks in advance to whoever replies. :D

People telling us how to do our jobs, how to handle things & what they want us to do in certain situations.

aoshi

I am using google chrome and forums seem messed up past couple of days. Is there something wrong with my browser? Other sites like facebook seem to work properly.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Dear all-knowing staff, which is better: frozen burritos or frozen pizza? (Or some other type of frozen food?)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Will this thread will every end? If wanted to end this thread, how will u endit?

52831.jpg

Then close it...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Why do we need to avoid multi-posting?????
Is there technical reason which would affect the forums?

Just makes threads look untidy & some members would just post say 4 separate posts to boost post count rather than one long detailed one. Plus people would go around 'bumping' their own threads by multiposting & just clutters everything up. When you see a thread has 20 replies you want there to be 20 replies & not one person posting 12 separate posts in multiples with a couple of replies doing the same.

aoshi

Just makes threads look untidy & some members would just post say 4 separate posts to boost post count rather than one long detailed one. Plus people would go around 'bumping' their own threads by multiposting & just clutters everything up. When you see a thread has 20 replies you want there to be 20 replies & not one person posting 12 separate posts in multiples with a couple of replies doing the same.

But one person can most multiple replies to the same thread as a part of discussion. If a thread has 20 replies, we can't expect 20 replies from 20 different people. The difference is the replies will not necessarily be in succession as in multi-posting but with replies from others intervened. So technically, a person can post multiple times to same thread. Then why not allow in succession.

I am by no means , against the rule.:lol:. I thought it had a technical significance behind it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
But one person can most multiple replies to the same thread as a part of discussion. If a thread has 20 replies, we can't expect 20 replies from 20 different people. The difference is the replies will not necessarily be in succession as in multi-posting but with replies from others intervened. So technically, a person can post multiple times to same thread. Then why not allow in succession.

I am by no means , against the rule.:lol:. I thought it had a technical significance behind it.

Well its not like we expect 20 seperate replies that wasnt exactly my point but we dont want multiple in a row to be in multiple posts rather than being multi-quoted. That is what the feature is there for after all and why we encourage people to do it that way. Can be hard to juggle multiple posts & multiple replies all being quoted in different posts & gets very cluttered and untidy & people lose track of things. Also hard for the staff to keep up & find things.

Bottom line is we are tidy freaks & like things neat & manageable.

Is it abusing the Likes system if a member setup download links through that feature.
So other members would have to give that member a Like to gain access to that link.

Personally I wouldnt say so as such as I guess people want something in return for taking the time to setup downloads for members to have access to.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Yea guess but it feels a little unsavoury though.
I mean if it's something you know others are going to enjoy, & you're on a forum you like, then why not let members give a like because they want to, instead of getting them by seeing what members are willing to do to get to a link just for your own personal gain.

Down to the user I guess, personally I would rather allow people to give me likes if they wanted to & not use them as a way to 'pay' to gain access to something with them, but some people would want something for their efforts I guess. If people dont agree with it then they could simply not like the content & then the user would have to change things.

Top Bottom