• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Hm, was the delete post button removed recently? I accidentally double posted in a thread because my post didn't go thru the first time it seemed. Maybe I'm the only who can't see the button for some reason.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That's weird...if the problem persists, take a screenshot and post it here. I'll double-check the user permissions in the CP but others have been able to delete their posts today so perhaps it's just being a bit weird temporarily?

KWWwVxh.png

Here we go. I really hope I'm not just blind otherwise I'd look rather silly. haha. I'll check back later to see if it magically appears again.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well you're certainly not blind...that's weird though because all the settings in the CP are such that members can delete their own posts, so it's not likely to be something our end, so to speak.

Have you tried the usual stuff of using a different browser, logging out and in again, threatening the computer with extreme violence?

It might just be the browser before I was on my Windows Laptop and now I'm on the mac in the study so maybe some options aren't available on this forum when browsing with safari.

Thanks for confirming it's just me though, I now know the problem I guess.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Thanks for confirming it's just me though, I now know the problem I guess.
Nope, not just you; I decided to check my posts through different browsers and I have no delete option either (Tested through Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer). It's strange because I do remember it appearing before.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Erm...hi! Uh, d'you remember this thread? I know the last post is from December of 2010...but is it okay to post in it?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's weird...if the problem persists, take a screenshot and post it here. I'll double-check the user permissions in the CP but others have been able to delete their posts today so perhaps it's just being a bit weird temporarily?
I thought the delete option was taken away from the members? Whatnot with people trolling and then changing their posts to look all innocent and make everyone else look crazy? That's what I remember went down anyway.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Delete option was removed along with the edit button ages ago and then reinstated after a short while. I'm a bit baffled as to why people are having problems when others clearly aren't?

Will consult the mighty Steve-o and see what he has to say.

Also, did I just call my husband the mighty Steve-o? I think I need help...

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
Hello.

Quick question. Is there any way in which a member can delete a thread that they have created? I know members can delete their own posts, but what about threads?

Thanks and your reply would be greatly appreciated :)

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I'm a bit baffled as to why people are having problems when others clearly aren't?
I think I found sumin that could help. I only have the ability to delete posts in the DmC section; any other sections I can't. I would assume it may be like that for everyone and that's why there are mixed results coming in (Maybe someone else can verify if it's the same for them?).

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hello.

Quick question. Is there any way in which a member can delete a thread that they have created? I know members can delete their own posts, but what about threads?

Thanks and your reply would be greatly appreciated :)
Thread deletion is only a moderator or admin privilege - however, if a thread has only one or two replies and has been made in error, then deletion is possible by requesting a mod to take a look at it. Duplicate threads made by mistake are nearly always deleted anyway but usually, a mod has to check it out before going ahead.

I think I found sumin that could help. I only have the ability to delete posts in the DmC section; any other sections I can't. I would assume it may be like that for everyone and that's why there are mixed results coming in (Maybe someone else can verify if it's the same for them?).
Super uber weirdness. Ok, let me take another look in the CP and find out what's going on...

EDIT: Nope, doesn't make sense. At all. Steve'll look into it later. In the mean time, just be aware of potential server timeouts which can mean a delay in posting (causing multiple posts if you keep hitting the button) and if you can't edit for whatever reason and really need to multi-post (which should be the exception rather than the rule) then notify a staff member to merge posts or delete mistaken duplicates.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Could someone please delete this thread: http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/fanart.15250/
I had a nonsensical ooh shiny moment, completely forgot about the DMC Captions thread.

Ohh, also, do you guys keep score of who gets reported the most on the forum and by whom? Not looking for names or anything but...okay, I'll just ask, how many times have I been reported in the past week? :D I think I've been stepping on a few people's toes. Just want some confirmation on whether I'm paranoid or not.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Ohh, also, do you guys keep score of who gets reported the most on the forum and by whom? Not looking for names or anything but...okay, I'll just ask, how many times have I been reported in the past week? :D I think I've been stepping on a few people's toes. Just want some confirmation on whether I'm paranoid or not.

I'd like to know how many times I've been reported, myself, actually. >_> Call it masochism, but I'm curious.

Top Bottom