• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Am I supposed to be able to delete my posts now? :O

EDIT: Wait a minute it's gone now! I had that option in another thread. *confused* :blink:

Another edit: See! See!@.@

Screenshot2012-02-20at62745PM.png

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Members can't but if you want to ask a member of the staff and it will be taken care of;)

Ok, thank you!!!...hm

Dear Staff, sorry to double post, but this has been annoying me for a while. I made another account on here and I was wondering if its possible to delete it?
There was a confirmation email sent to the wrong address and the account is not working yet.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Merged the posts for you. I can't delete members though. Have to wait until either DD, Angel or Steve take a look at this.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Account deletion is not really an option unless you've never ever posted in that account. The reason for this is that all posts/threads/conversations get automatically removed with the deletion of the account - which can cause problems.

If you've not posted in it, then I can get rid immediately for you - just let me know the username. If you have posted, then I can alter the name, password and email so that nothing bothers you from that account ever again.

Chimera Khaos

Account deletion is not really an option unless you've never ever posted in that account. The reason for this is that all posts/threads/conversations get automatically removed with the deletion of the account - which can cause problems.

If you've not posted in it, then I can get rid immediately for you - just let me know the username. If you have posted, then I can alter the name, password and email so that nothing bothers you from that account ever again.

Thanks Angel, I believe my other account is called *DaNtEz MiSsUz* or something along the similar lines and I have not posted anything because I still need to activate the account.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Hi Guys ,for some reason I couldn't get on the forums earlier today , it redirected me to devilmaycry.org homepage every time i clicked the forum button , why it is working now i am not even sure , can you please tell me if this a glitch or something
Edit : WOW only 21 guest , now i know something is up

Hi Guys ,for some reason I couldn't get on the forums earlier today , it redirected me to devilmaycry.org homepage every time i clicked the forum button , why it is working now i am not even sure , can you please tell me if this a glitch or something
Happened to me too earlier today.

Meg

Happened to me too earlier today.

I know I'm not staff, but! Mr. Steve explained on the Dino Crisis forums that there was a hiccup after a server upgrade. But it's all fixed now so YAY! :D

Chimera Khaos

Dear Staff, I'm planning on adding more information to my bio in the competition section, how do I edit it, or merge my posts or is that something you peeps have to do?
Cheers...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well as you know the Edit function works for about 5 (or was it 10, I think it's 10) minutes. So my best advice is that you write it somewhere else, then after you finish, hit the edit button and copy paste your extra infos.

Dark Drakan

Admin

As Meg said it was a hiccup after an upgrade thats all, it threw up some issues that werent expected but rarely do things like this pass without some minor issues. Happened to every site on our network and we were unable to even post on some of them for a while.

Reactions: Meg

Chimera Khaos

Dear Staff, mainly aiming this at Tony (since I think you're the only staff on atm), um, another members approached me about another character in my thread, um, is it possible to adjust the title so it has their name too? Or is that not possible?...

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For me the only reason that can make someone angry is plans getting screwed up. And by plans I don't mean anything complicated. Let me present a few examples:

You sit on your pc. Without having given it much thought really, because this is something that you do usually and doesn't require any "planning" you "plan" to spend some time using it for a number of reasons. Work, games, surfing, chat or whatever. Suddenly, your pc breaks down. Nerd Rage follows.

You heard from your friends that they'll be visiting you today. Therefore, even though you have some work to do, you know that when your friends come, you'll leave it incomplete, making it difficult to continue afterwards so you "plan" to have fun all day today and concentrate on the thing all day tomorrow. Two hours before your friends are about to come, you are already in a let's-party mood, being super lazy and all that, you receive a call from a friend, telling you that something came up, so they'll visit you tomorrow instead. This destroys your "plans" you have no motivation for working, and you have wasted TWO days instead of one. Work-related Rage follows.

You're playing a video game. You have made it pretty far, know the drill and are ready for everything. You have semi-mastered the controls and the way the game thinks and continue on cheerfully. Suddenly you die. In your mind, you had already made some "plans" like - I'll go a bit further and then close it - or - I'm actually going pretty good, I want a challenge, heh! - or stuff like that. All these thoughts crumble instantly when you die. Gamer's Rage.

The same thing can also be explained when you have certain expectations of people/situations and the people/situations don't live up to what you wanted/expected thus annoying you => making you angry. For this theory can explain every sort of anger that I have ever lived through. Be it from a serious situation or a game. I presented light problems on purpose though.

So, counter against those? Be open minded. Nothing ever goes the way you think it will. The more you stress out thinking/planning something the greater the strain when it fails. Be simple. Live in a whim. And never expect certain stuff of other people or situations. Other people are not you, and will never live up to your expectations because they're different people and have their own ways. Situations are unpredictable since they can be influenced by millions of stuff.

That's what I (try) to do. I'm not sure if it'll work for anyone else though. Everyone has his/her own way. However this "answer" of mine, is to avoid even the possibility of being angry. Doesn't always work of course. If it fails, do some stuff you love. A good slice of pizza followed by a hot cup of tea, a good bath and some book do the trick for me after super-rageXD

I kinda wrote too much again.

Dark Drakan

Admin
how do you remain calm?....please be serious

Depends on the situation but an angry mind is a clouded mind and ive been known when I was younger for my temperament and short fuse but I learnt to control it over the years. Everyone 'snaps' at some point but its much easier to find a solution to a problem/situation when your anger doesnt take over and you arent relying on rage to get you out of things.

Top Bottom