• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Dear staff, can one of you help me edit some stuffs at this thread?

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/final-fantasy-xiii-2-review-ps3-xbox-360.10262/

Edit 1:
Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_12-01-11_012.jpg
Fight monsters to tame/recruit them to your party.

Winning battles may sometime reward you the crystal of a monster. That means you can use it as your third party member in the game. There are many monsters that can be recruited to your party, and there are some that can't be recruited, such as bosses. Unlike Noel and Serah, each monster have only one Paradigm, which is their own limitation. However, leveling them up enough in Crystarium will make them much stronger, making them a powerhouse in their own Paradigm role. You can also adorn your monsters with various things, such as hats, bags, etc.
]​
Each monster have their own unique skill called Feral Link. Feral Link gauge is charged by attacking enemies, healing, etc. Once it is full, you can activate it and use it to defeat your enemies. During the activation, there are some button inputs in order to increase the effectiveness of the Feral Link attacks. How strong it is will be depending on how fast you input the button commands.​

Can you please remove the squared bracket ( ] ) between the two paragraphs?

Edit 2:

PLEASE DO NOT POST YET!

Can you please remove this sentence at the bottom of the first post?

Edit 3:
Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_09-08-11_001-1.jpg
Pretty much a vast improvement that Final Fantasy XIII, but still lacks some punch on storyline and other factors to attract avid Final Fantasy fans to play this game.
Conclusively, this game has many improvements that makes this game much better than Final Fantasy XIII. However, it is pretty hard to attract avid Final Fantasy fans to play this game since it is still different than what they played in previous Final Fantasy games, and I think this game is more catered towards to gamers who are not familiar to Final Fantasy series. Personally, I think the gameplay is easy to understand and addicting to play, awesome graphics, excellent characters, great music, and high replay values. Like Final Fantasy XIII, this game deserves a chance, since it has many improvements from the first game despite it's minor setbacks such as unable to change party members, average storyline, and hit or miss soundtrack.​
Can you please replace the word in red with 'than'?​
Edit 4:​
Cons
- The storyline is a hit or miss, as time travelling between different timelines can be very confusing and might cause you to unable to follow the game's storyline well.
- Time travel elements are not implemented perfectly in the game's storyline.
- Battle system might not appeal to certain players for it is very automatic.
- Chocolina is annoying with her Chocobo puns and antics.
- You can only control either Serah or Noel in this game.
- Too easy to RPG veterans.
- The Hands of Time minigame can be time-consuming to complete.
- Shocking but inconclusive ending.
- You only get to play Lightning at the prologue.
Can you add the sentence in red at that part of my review?​

Dark Drakan

Admin
@Angel or Drakan,

Why have the old smiley's not been ported over?

If/when they are, can the trollface smiley from pego come with them?

Ive enquired about this before because frankly I dislike the smileys here too. Have to see what Steve says on the matter as he didnt seem to be a fan really either last time I mentioned them.

Dear staff, do you enjoy participating in the interview?

Was nice to answer some thought provoking questions.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ive enquired about this before because frankly I dislike the smileys here too. Have to see what Steve says on the matter as he didnt seem to be a fan really either last time I mentioned them.

Was nice to answer some thought provoking questions.

Glad that you like it. :D

Dear staff, I have to ask one of you to edit some parts again in my review here:

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/final-fantasy-xiii-2-review-ps3-xbox-360.10262/

EDIT 1:

Music

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_11-28-11_001.jpg
Final Fantasy fans will either love or hate the game's music. The voice acting in the game is solid with great performances by talented voice actors.

Can you change the word in red from 'Music' to 'Sound'?

EDIT 2:

Replay Value

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_12-15-11_013.jpg
Needless to say, high replay value.

This game have extremely high replay value compared to Final Fantasy XIII. This time, you can do side quests such as eliminating a certain enemy, finding items, etc to obtain a Fragment. Some of the side quests are actually important in certain timelines as it is needed to solve the paradox in a timeline.

You can also participate in minigames such as Slot Machine and Chocobo Racing in a timeline called Serendipity. If you want to take a break from battling too much, you can play those minigames to your heart's contents.

Also, you can collect 160 Fragments scattered in different timelines as well to unlock a secret Paradox Ending in the game. Paradox Ending is an ending that is not supposed to happen in the game, and can be unlocked by doing something in a certain timeline by reversing back in time. There are several Paradox Endings that can be obtained, but all of them are only obtainable after defeating the final boss of the game. Collecting the Fragments will also allow you to have a glimpse on certain unknown things happening in the game's universe.

It is to be noted that this game have an auto-save function. Should you quit the game unexpectedly or die in a battle, you can always reload your game without saving your game. You can also save your game manually at the Start button or at Historia Crux menu.

Can you cut and paste the paragraph in red and paste it at below?

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_12-01-11_024.jpg
Choosing funny Live Trigger answers can be quite hilarious.
While playing the game, you will encounter a choice based scenario called Live Trigger. Live Trigger is a scenario where you can choose certain answers to progress in the game. Some Live Trigger scenarios doesn't have much impact to the game, but others can bring dire changes to the timeline of the area that you are playing at the moment.​
It is to be noted that this game have an auto-save function. Should you quit the game unexpectedly or die in a battle, you can always reload your game without saving your game. You can also save your game manually at the Start button or at Historia Crux menu.
As in Final Fantasy XIII, you can find treasure chests, with two categories. A normal treasure chest, and a special chest. A normal chest contains normal items such as healing items, whereas a special chest contains rare items such as Fragments, weapons, etc. Some of the treasure chests can be hidden, or is unreachable by normal means. If you encounter those problems, you can use Mog to reveal these chests, or throw her to that particular unreachable treasure chest to get it.​
Weapons, accessories and items can be bought from a vendor called Chocolina. In most timelines, she will be around to sell items to you. Buying new weapons and accessories is recommended as the battles ahead will be getting more and more difficult. Some weapons and accessories can be bought immediately, but some can only be bought only if you have the necessary materials to buy it.
Fragments are some kind of items that provides new information and details on certain unexplained things happening in the game, such as the disappearance of a certain character, etc. Some of the Fragments are mandatory in order to proceed in the game, and some can be found while exploring in the game.​
I love the gameplay improvements in the game. I am pretty satisfied and pleased that Square Enix manage to improve from their previous mistakes in Final Fantasy XIII. Although I can't switch my main party members in the game, the improvements in all other gameplay areas make this game a much better game than the previous game.​

Can you also please add the paragraph in blue colour at the specified place, as well as cut and paste the paragraph in red previously at the specified place as well?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Done and Done.

Thanks a lot. :D

EDIT: Sorry, some minor edits again.

This game have extremely high replay value compared to Final Fantasy XIII. This time, you can do side quests such as eliminating a certain enemy, finding items, etc to obtain a Fragment. Some of the side quests are actually important in certain timelines as it is needed to solve the paradox in a timeline.

You can also participate in minigames such as Slot Machine and Chocobo Racing in a timeline called Serendipity. If you want to take a break from battling too much, you can play those minigames to your heart's contents.

Also, you can collect 160 Fragments scattered in different timelines as well to unlock a secret Paradox Ending in the game. Paradox Ending is an ending that is not supposed to happen in the game, and can be unlocked by doing something in a certain timeline by reversing back in time. There are several Paradox Endings that can be obtained, but all of them are only obtainable after defeating the final boss of the game. Collecting the Fragments will also allow you to have a glimpse on certain unknown things happening in the game's universe.

Can you delete that gray coloured paragraph?

Final-Fantasy-XIII-2_2011_12-01-11_024.jpg
Choosing funny Live Trigger answers can be quite hilarious.
While playing the game, you will encounter a choice based scenario called Live Trigger. Live Trigger is a scenario where you can choose certain answers to progress in the game. Some Live Trigger scenarios doesn't have much impact to the game, but others can bring dire changes to the timeline of the area that you are playing at the moment.​
As in Final Fantasy XIII, you can find treasure chests, with two categories. A normal treasure chest, and a special chest. A normal chest contains normal items such as healing items, whereas a special chest contains rare items such as Fragments, weapons, etc. Some of the treasure chests can be hidden, or is unreachable by normal means. If you encounter those problems, you can use Mog to reveal these chests, or throw her to that particular unreachable treasure chest to get it.​
Weapons, accessories and items can be bought from a vendor called Chocolina. In most timelines, she will be around to sell items to you. Buying new weapons and accessories is recommended as the battles ahead will be getting more and more difficult. Some weapons and accessories can be bought immediately, but some can only be bought only if you have the necessary materials to buy it.
Fragments are some kind of items that provides new information and details on certain unexplained things happening in the game, such as the disappearance of a certain character, etc. Some of the Fragments are mandatory in order to proceed in the game, and some can be found while exploring in the game.​
I love the gameplay improvements in the game. I am pretty satisfied and pleased that Square Enix manage to improve from their previous mistakes in Final Fantasy XIII. Although I can't switch my main party members in the game, the improvements in all other gameplay areas make this game a much better game than the previous game.​

Can you change back the paragraphs in gray colour to the default black colour?

Sorry, I am a rather fussy person when it comes to making reviews.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Can you change back the paragraphs in gray colour to the default black colour?

Sorry, I am a rather fussy person when it comes to making reviews.

Its because when they were red and blue the colour had to be reverted and couldnt figure out what shade the default colour was.

Dear staff,
Have you played Manhunt on the Ps2 or Xbox or PC :3

I had it on the PS2 yeah.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Ah my mistake, I dont use the same skin as you so this is how it looked to me.

27641511.jpg

Hence the confusion over the text colour.

lol I see. Thanks again. :D

Replay Value

Can you delete the paragraph that I highlighted in red at my review as well?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I had it on the PS2 yeah.
I really think it needs a 3rd Game , Considering nowadays there are much more violent games, yet manhunt was the first to use gore right . Making the player patiently wait to preform a stealthy ,satisfying , kill

Dark Drakan

Admin
I really think it needs a 3rd Game , Considering nowadays there are much more violent games, yet manhunt was the first to use gore right . Making the player patiently wait to preform a stealthy ,satisfying , kill

If done right I dont see why not, however Manhunt was banned in a lot of countries so I dont know how fast Rockstar would want to develop another. I thought the general premise for the first game was interesting, shame they started to introduce more guns into it as it was decent up until that.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
If I ever get a perma-ban, can you just give me an IP ban? Because otherwise I know I would try to create another account and I'd rather not be that kind of bother

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Dear staff,
Have you played Manhunt on the Ps2 or Xbox or PC :3
I watched DD play it when he brought it around my place the one time. The executions were particularly gruesome!

Why have the old smiley's not been ported over?

If/when they are, can the trollface smiley from pego come with them?
I'd completely forgotten about those! I can install them tonight if everyone fancies a change.

Top Bottom