• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

To be completely honest, I am also for the Edit version.

However, the way it was used by certain members kinda helped them break the rules and yet appear innocent after a while, therefore some kind of measure/punishment had to be taken.

In the future it might re-appear again. No worries.
Punishing an entire group because of a small group is never the answer. Oh sure, it takes care of the problem, but it causes resentment by the masses and hurts over all morale. Not all resentment is in the form of a thought out post from the wonderful Meg after all. :cool:

Blitz

Heeeeey.
I told Angel, when I post, I can Edit my posts for about a minute. Then the edit button disappears. Not that I'm complaining. :p

Blitz

Heeeeey.
But it seems that other members do not have it; Am I released for good behavior? :oops:

And I had it when the no-edit rule came in place.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
For some reason, the general discussion was not affected. If you post in DmC section you'll find yourself unable to edit like everyone. Until Saturday that is;)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ya - XenForo is...screwy :p

But the area where the most problems are caused is where the edit-removal has taken place. Must have read my mind...anywho, if things keep up in a positive vein I might be bringing back the edit button early. Most of you guys have taken it on the chin and sucked it up pretty well so we'll see...

When it does return, like I said in the edit button thread, there will be a time limit as a compromise but that in itself needs fixing so you actually get a chance to spot errors in time. I think right now it's set itself to 2 minutes but we can probably increase it to about 5? Obviously, if something glaringly obvious pops up later on after the time has expired, staff are more than happy to help out - say if you meant to include something but forgot or didn't have time, you can PM it to us and we can slot it in. But that'll be an exception sort of thing, not a fallback option ;)

Blitz

Heeeeey.
@Master Pigeon & Mr.Tony: Oooo... I get it now... Thank you very much!

Staff, does the idea of Street Fighter vs Tekken please you guys?

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
@Mr. Angelo: Why?
I like fighting games in general, well, I went through a period where I really stopped enjoying them mainly out of boredom, then sorta went out on a limb and got my hands on SSFIV after seeing how Juri played, she's just a hilariously fun character.

Pretty much reminded me of Hwoarang from Tekken with the fighting style. Funnily enough he was my favourite character in those games too.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
To an extent, played DOTA a fair amount way back when, got into LoL more recently, though fell out of sorts with that game because my regular premade are all too busy at uni, so I don't really play that anymore.

DOTA 2's looking promising however.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Dear Staff,

Could we please somehow enable a feature to inform us when an ignored member has posted in a thread?
Reason I'm asking for this is because currently, nothing shows up at all when an ignored member posts, and this can in certain cases make it look like another member has double posted, when they really didn't. (And the other reason is I'm all bright eyed and sharp right now but when my head is foggy I don't want to be jabbing the report button on an innocent member because I think they're breaking a rule, y'know?)
Example:

Member1 post.
Ignored member post. (Can't see this at all)
Member1 post.

On the old forum we used to have a little notification in the place of the unviewable post that said 'you can't view this post because this member is on your ignore list' or something of the sort.
Could we please bring that back?

Sincerely,
DS.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I don't know if the ignore thingy is something we have a whole load of control over other than enabling its use, which is a pain. I'll take a look and see if there's anything but no promises.

@CoolDemon - most likely the editing time limit has expired since the post was made. If it happens instantly after posting, let me know and I'll look into it.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
@Angel or Drakan,

Why have the old smiley's not been ported over?

If/when they are, can the trollface smiley from pego come with them?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
@Angel or Drakan,

Why have the old smiley's not been ported over?

If/when they are, can the trollface smiley from pego come with them?
I honestly don't know - I'll ask Steve when he gets home and see if we can move them over. I for one would LOVE to have the troll face here ;)

Top Bottom