• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Meg

Angel;297834 said:
Not staff but I'll answer this as it is an on-going issue I have full disclosure of and the website administrator is incredibly busy and won't be online to answer.

The entire network was hacked via the server 48 hours ago - there are still some things to be fixed but the essentials are back in place. New security measures have been put in place and no sensitive or personal data has been lost or accessed i.e. all your email addresses etc are secure. DMC.org does not keep member passwords in the database so none of those have been compromised either.

If anyone notices anything else, or that they can no longer browse/access parts of the site that they could earlier, please inform the moderators who will contact the website administrator on your behalf. As for other things, please remain patient and they will be fixed in due course.

Oh look, you're back. ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
ToCool74;298433 said:
I have a question towards the Staff.

Is the avatar issue anywhere close to being solved?

Im still awaiting Steves response to this as the staff cant change them in Admin CP either.

UPDATE

Steve said he shall be looking at it this morning (27th Jan)

Edited at 7.27am

Dark Drakan

Admin
Chrysander;298792 said:
Hey, what do you think about putting the new Dante in the banner at the top of the forum?

It will likely happen at some point when Steve gets around to updating it closer to the games release.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chrysander;298792 said:
Hey, what do you think about putting the new Dante in the banner at the top of the forum?

Sure would make sense, I suppose. But I'm thinking a few people might not take so kindly to it =/

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
LordOfDarkness;298796 said:
Sure would make sense, I suppose. But I'm thinking a few people might not take so kindly to it =/

I would love to see a banner of the new DmC. :) If people are going to freak out over a new banner, I pity them for being worked up. :lol: It's just a picture of the reboot, the forums aren't going to change.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Faust;298797 said:
I would love to see a banner of the new DmC. :) If people are going to freak out over a new banner, I pity them for being worked up. :lol: It's just a picture of the reboot, the forums aren't going to change.

I didn't say anything would change. I just think some people might not like it, since for them it's not the 'proper' Dante.

Maybe we should have some sort of vote over it? =/

Dark Drakan

Admin
LordOfDarkness;298796 said:

Maybe not but it will be a DmC game and he is a character from it none the less.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dark Drakan;298801 said:
Maybe not but it will be a DmC game and he is a character from it none the less.

I'm supporting the idea, not against it. I'm just saying. It would make sense, since it's the new Devil May Cry game. But to some it isn't Devil May Cry any more, or isn't the 'real' Dante or whatever they are saying about it. So I just thought maybe a vote would be a better idea =/

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just an idea, how about a new rule where anything over 2mb (ie embedded videos) should be put into spoilers?

These things eat up my daily download limit :( (which is only 25mb)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Vergil'sBitch;298917 said:
Just an idea, how about a new rule where anything over 2mb (ie embedded videos) should be put into spoilers?

These things eat up my daily download limit :( (which is only 25mb)

as the only person who's been embedding recently, i'm going to take this as a queue to spoiler the last 3 and do so from now on.
:)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Hey, what's going on with the Avatar's and Profile pictures? I am getting this message everytime I try.

Warning: is_writable() [function.is-writable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/rahqtvpy/public_html/forums/customavatars) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/idjaeha:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [path]/includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 335

Dark Drakan

Admin
Faust;299871 said:
Hey, what's going on with the Avatar's and Profile pictures? I am getting this message everytime I try.

Warning: is_writable() [function.is-writable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/rahqtvpy/public_html/forums/customavatars) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/idjaeha:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in [path]/includes/class_dm_userpic.php on line 335

Steves been working on a fix but im not sure how far along he is with it.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Dark Drakan;299910 said:
Steves been working on a fix but im not sure how far along he is with it.

I was just curious, thank you for the fast reply. ^_^ I hope everything goes well. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Faust;299913 said:
I was just curious, thank you for the fast reply. ^_^ I hope everything goes well. :)

Been an issue since the hack a while ago and he fixed it on most of the forums but not here yet. I shall send word to him and see whats going on.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hack? Probably a stupid question, but why would anyone want to hack a forum? what would they gain from it?

Top Bottom