• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I've noticed memebers liking posts but adding happy faces or sad faces and etc. How can I do this? o_O

There are two options. The first one includes bribing me a significant amount of moolah.

The second option is to hold down the Like option for a second or two and all the other options should appear.

I’m guessing you’re going to pick the second option because it’s definitely got more benefits for you whereas option one has more benefits for me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
There are two options. The first one includes bribing me a significant amount of moolah.

The second option is to hold down the Like option for a second or two and all the other options should appear.

I’m guessing you’re going to pick the second option because it’s definitely got more benefits for you whereas option one has more benefits for me.

Publish my book and I'll choose the first option. :D Also Muhahahaha thank you Mods because now I feel "I have the power!" :eek:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Thanks to the RE Engine and Fluffy's mod manager DMC5 has been receiving quite the influx of mods. I'd like to post some and make them known but I'd rather not congest the DMC5 section with mod threads or the general discussion threads with post that will inevitably get buried over time.

Could you make a subsection for mods like you did for the DmC and DMC4 sections of the site?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Thanks to the RE Engine and Fluffy's mod manager DMC5 has been receiving quite the influx of mods. I'd like to post some and make them known but I'd rather not congest the DMC5 section with mod threads or the general discussion threads with post that will inevitably get buried over time.

Could you make a subsection for mods like you did for the DmC and DMC4 sections of the site?

If I get to my PC I will sort this unless someone beats me to it.

EDIT* Done it from my phone, think it’s working ok.

aoshi

I came here for a fight.

Not truce or reason any of what happened in that past.

But the fact is, Your forum is a pathetic , sorry excuse of a board for millenial cucks who can't even play a game better.

Pretty sure they can't win in a game for once in their god damn life.

And you harbor these imbeciles jus so you could survive another day with their so called "Donations". But its actually a bribe to post whatever **** they want here and get away with it. Because you can't afford your server fees without them . Why don't you beg for a living??? A beggar has more integrity than you.

That's why many jerks got away with DMC 4 vs DmC debate . With the excuse of playing the Victim card but make "Hate Speech" threads about DMC 4.

Don't act like nothing happened. Many members left because of this kind of insulting behavior towards DMC 4 and classic DMC franchise.

And yet here we are, in 2019 , with DMC 5 , a direct sequel to DMC 4 . With strong roots in classic DMC franchise with references from "Redgrave" and "Goldstein".

With full merch support of DMC 5 as Official DMC costumes.

"Visions of V " Manga.

Why should anyone pay for their rights in this ****hole??? When the most popular blogging sites such as Facebook and Twitter are Free.

Heck, Even official Capcom boards capcom-unity.com is free.

The new official Capcom Discord is free.

The truth is , You and your boards lack self esteem , scrounging for scraps and expect people to jus be submissive to all your BS . When someone raises their valid opinions , You ban them . Or lock the thread . Cuz you're a pussy . Always have been.

I wanted Vindication . And i got it when you cowardly locked the thread jus to avoid yourself getting embarrassed .

And Angel , I honestly looked up to you and you kept putting me down . As if its my fault to have gotten into things . As if i "have" to blame myself for everything . Oh i bet you don't say that yourself when someone says "You're son being Autistic is because of you" . Oh yeah , Sure, You know how to dodge that bullet, Don't ya!!!!!

F#CK YOU.

F#CK YOUR LOW STANDARDS BOARDS.

giphy.gif

Gilver18

Hardcore Devil may cry fan
Ask the Staff Anything

In the hopes that this thread will be used as a tool for good, and not evil, we have decided to give it a try.
In this thread you may ask the staff any question you like, assuming its content falls within the forums rules (i.e. no Sex related questions -- you'll just get scary answers, or about what we really think about you -- we LOVE everyone equally!)

This thread we hope, will not only be a good laugh, but also another helpful tool for the members of this great community!

Want to know if your Signature is within its limits, ask us.
Want to know the perks about becoming a Gold member here, ask us.
Want to know the best way to make a Pastrami Sammich, ask me -- I make the best ones ^_^

You get the idea.

No trolling please, or flaming, and if a question isn't answered, we may not answer every question, but we will certanly try our best :)

Don't expect us to attend to EVERY question without fail and without wait, but with luck this resource may be more useful than sending out a barrage of PMs.

So, without further adeau, I declare this mayhem...I mean, thread, open!

-K​
I'm about to ask you the most serious question the world has ever known. Pizza rolls or hot pockets?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That question is so serious, I think we need to activate Uber Secret Discussion protocols in order to answer it.

Also, gonna have to go with pizza rolls. Never could get on with hot pockets...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey, everyone. Long time no see. Hope you're all keeping healthy and strong. I wanted to know if there is an app for the forum somewhere in the pipelines? I think the idea of an app has been mentioned before. I'd really like to get back on here more often.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Dante's Stalker
Well, the site if mobile friendly and I don't know what you'd want out of an app for a discussion forum so I don't think there has ever been any plans for one. You can still ask the higher ups, though.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
@Dante's Stalker
Well, the site if mobile friendly and I don't know what you'd want out of an app for a discussion forum so I don't think there has ever been any plans for one. You can still ask the higher ups, though.
App development is pretty expensive, you're better off with going with something like Tapatalk.

The site is already mobile friendly, I know. Thing is though... some people like that "native app" feel.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Am I in moderation, now? WTF?
Sorry about that, Carlos. Last night I went ahead and implemented another layer of spam protection that utilises the Promotion system. Seems to be doing the job so far, but obviously your post should not have been flagged. Cheers for your patience, and for replying to Dante's Stalker's question.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry about that, Carlos. Last night I went ahead and implemented another layer of spam protection that utilises the Promotion system. Seems to be doing the job so far, but obviously your post should not have been flagged. Cheers for your patience, and for replying to Dante's Stalker's question.
I understand. You didn't need to make it that aggressive, but put something like honeypot, stopforumspam, and similar API. I also suggest just banning users that spam. I said it to @Angel, and I guess I'll repeat here - ban accounts, discourage it, IP ban/discourage... You cut access to spam. The more you do so, the smaller the spam gets.

I forgot to mention: When you see a different email being used to get around your suspicion - take anything after the at sign, paste it in the ban email screen - put a reason to remember why you banned them. Thing is spammers use throwaway addresses to get around your suspicion.

Gmail/hotmail/live/Yahoo/GMX are used normally by users on this site, so you can't really ban 'em. Throwaway addresses are dumb domain names like shoppingsite dot xyz, you'll realize it.

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The accounts are all from one specific email client that is usually legitimate, not a weird made-up one or a .ru type of thing. This is not a new issue, been around for years, but it's the first time we've been directly affected by it. We have all the aforementioned measures in place and they aren't enough - also, there was no reduction in spam regardless of however many discouragement, IP bans, email bans etc. The flow was steady and never duplicated in terms of email addresses or IP addresses.

Once it calms down we can look at relaxing things a touch. Until then, if anyone finds themselves in the moderation queue, please let us know.

Top Bottom