• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Love it all you want but be respectful to other users. Even if you censor it, calling a “You ****ing piece of...” is a big no no. Be nice.
You misunderstand me. I was being nice. It was a figure of speech, an expression - like someone would trick you and you would respond like "damn you!"

berto

I Saw the Devil
You misunderstand me. I was being nice. It was a figure of speech, an expression - like someone would trick you and you would respond like "damn you!"
No, I get it, but it's hard to perceive such things when you can't hear the tone of voice from the person saying it. It's why it's frowned upon, misunderstandings and howdareyou's are bountiful when something like that can be interpreted in so many wrong ways. I know you meant no harm, which it's why I didn't slap a warning on your account. From the rest of the post it's obvious you weren't trying to be aggressive, but it's still easy to misinterpret intention.

All I'm telling you is that if you're going to give someone a playful jab be very obvious that that's what it is, that they know that's what it is.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
No, I get it, but it's hard to perceive such things when you can't hear the tone of voice from the person saying it. It's why it's frowned upon, misunderstandings and howdareyou's are bountiful when something like that can be interpreted in so many wrong ways. I know you meant no harm, which it's why I didn't slap a warning on your account. From the rest of the post it's obvious you weren't trying to be aggressive, but it's still easy to misinterpret intention.

All I'm telling you is that if you're going to give someone a playful jab be very obvious that that's what it is, that they know that's what it is.
Alright, alright. Fair enough. I'm sorry, @Ash, if you felt offended at all.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Alright, alright. Fair enough. I'm sorry, @Ash, if you felt offended at all.

That was nice of you to apologise. Even though sometimes our intentions are not malicious, some things can most certainly be misinterpreted. And sense of humour or the nature of our character might not be shared or understood by others. Yet even though you didn’t mean any offense to Ash, you were still nice enough to apologise to him when you thought he might of been offended.

That was really good of you, and I appreciate the respect you’ve shown to another member of this community and how mature you were not to argue back or simply think it doesn’t matter if someone was offended. I say this because there are times when we think only of ourselves that we don’t care how others might feel. You showed the opposite to that. Well done.

Last edited:

DMC

Devil May Cry
I wonder if there is any chance in the future a mobile app would be made for this forum. Would be nice to be notified when im on the go.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I wonder if there is any chance in the future a mobile app would be made for this forum. Would be nice to be notified when im on the go.

You can turn on notifications for emails when people respond to messages/watched threads and PMs in the meantime but we aren’t that knowledgeable on apps just yet. We aren’t “down with the kids” in that regard just yet.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
You can turn on notifications for emails when people respond to messages/watched threads and PMs in the meantime but we aren’t that knowledgeable on apps just yet. We aren’t “down with the kids” in that regard just yet.
You don't need to make an app for the forum. XF2 is mobile out of the box, and allows for notifications on the actual browser. Although not perfect, it's there.

However, if you wanted an app with that "native" feel, and push notification, you'd have to install Tapatalk. There's an option to globalize the reading between the blog and the forum in tapatalk, too.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
how can i post a mediafire link here? I wanted to post a mod but cant.
You need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can put a link up (it's a pain but it's an anti-spam measure automatically in place).

I think it's 10. Might be 5. Most likely 10.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You need to have a minimum of 10 posts before you can put a link up (it's a pain but it's an anti-spam measure automatically in place).

I think it's 10. Might be 5. Most likely 10.

I’m pretty sure that it is 10 from what I can remember.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hmm. Welp, it seems I have to spam the forum a bit then.

I would definitely advise against this. As Carlos said it’s not too much to be able to reach just by posting normally/regularly within threads. There’s plenty of them after all =)

Top Bottom