• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Can we have some kind of prohibition for anything spoiler-y at least until game is out for couple of weeks? It would be shame if some members accidently ruined surprise for the rest.

Great idea!

The penalty shall be death. Or, if that is too extreme, something along the lines of a temp-ban or something.

Anyway I’ll make a thread shortly that I will pin in multiple sections addressing this issue.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Great idea!

The penalty shall be death. Or, if that is too extreme, something along the lines of a temp-ban or something.

Anyway I’ll make a thread shortly that I will pin in multiple sections addressing this issue.
Thank you very much :) BTW stay put of bloody-disgusting website. They posted semi-spoiler in thumb

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Would now be asking about how to make spoiler thread tags as possible on later in March i would do mine DMC V impression thread and this mean there would be spoiling screenshots

Dark Drakan

Admin
Would now be asking about how to make spoiler thread tags as possible on later in March i would do mine DMC V impression thread and this mean there would be spoiling screenshots

To post spoilers make sure the thread title doesnt spoil anything and then make sure all spoiler related content is put in spoiler tags like this...

[spoiler=Any text here]Death to all who post spoilers[/spoiler]

Ends up like this...

Death to all who post spoilers

Or use spoiler button in posts and I posted a step by step guide on how to use that here.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Could someone clarify me the rules relating to these actions please? :)
1) the bumping of older topics (when is it allowed, when is it not)
2) double-posting policy (is it okay for instance as in situations like this)

I think I saw some rules about these earlier but can't find them again and as far as I can remember the double-posting rules were not so clear (at least for me)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
1) Bumping of older topics depends on how old we're talking. As a general rule, any thread where the last post was about, say, 6 months old, it could be that perhaps bumping isn't the best idea. However, if you have something you really think will add value to the discussion and keep it running then use your discretion. Check to see if the topic is kind of done with, or perhaps the original poster is no longer active. Push comes to shove, start your own thread and if you think it merits a mention, reference the older one as a reason why you began a new discussion. If someone (other than staff) takes issue with it, we can cross that bridge as and when we come to it. Generally though, people are pretty chill and if you're saying something other than "lol yeh dat Dante tho", it's unlikely anyone will get annoyed at an innocent thread revival.

2) the example you gave is not an issue - double posting only really applies to lots of posts in a thread in quick succession - posting the next day isn't double posting. All members, I believe, can edit their posts to include previously forgotten information or addendums, so there really isn't a reason for anyone to double post. If it's overlooked, staff can merge posts if necessary and first "offences", if you like, tend to go unwarned. If you were someone who kept on posting like a madman then you'd be spoken to, but as far as I can see that will never be an issue for you.

All in all, the rules exist mostly to avoid spammers and trolls - if in doubt, just ask any member of staff or indeed any member who's been here for a while.

EDIT: I double post and spam all the time. One of these days I'll give myself a stern talking-to, but right now I simply don't have the inclination...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Thank you Angel! Especially that bumping thing was hard for me to catch - I've only been on forums where e.g. creating a new thread about even a half-similar topic was a big no-no, instead people were encouraged to bump even like 5 years old threads :D
(Honestly, I was about to get banned some years ago on another forum because I created a thread called "Weird snacks". It was about those really odd food combinations that most people would find disturbing. The reason for my warning was that there was already a topic called "Delicious recipes", which I didn't really think to have the same idea, and the last post on that was made like 3 years ago...)

But well, I got the idea now :) Ty

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@therogis

Angel pretty much summed everything up and this was actually discussed more in-depth a while back in this very thread.

Here’s some other stuff said on the matter https://devilmaycry.org/forums/threads/ask-the-staff-anything.7898/post-604291

Also if you use the search bar at the top right hand corner near your alerts if you click the little magnifying glass and type in “bumping old threads” or anything similar you can find a whole other heap of posts made about it.

Hope this has also helped with your question.

:)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ooh! I'm responsible!

Allegedly...

Gimme a sec, I'll sort it now.

EDIT: Done. Job's a good 'un

Top Bottom