• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask the Staff Anything

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Caught my eye and installed it on a whim. We're trialling it at the moment - not yet sure if it's going to stick around.

I know over on our modding site we had to take ours down because it supposedly supports piracy, I was not sure myself since I am only a moderator and did not use it that much but one of the admins pulled the support for it.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I know over on our modding site we had to take ours down because it supposedly supports piracy, I was not sure myself since I am only a moderator and did not use it that much but one of the admins pulled the support for it.
Do you mean Discord the company supports piracy? I'll have to look into that 'cos they seem like a pretty cool company to me, though that's only what I got from a brief look at their website and Twitter feed.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Do you mean Discord the company supports piracy? I'll have to look into that 'cos they seem like a pretty cool company to me, though that's only what I got from a brief look at their website and Twitter feed.

Not sure if the company itself supports piracy, from what i heard is that piracy runs rampant on the Discord servers so at the very least they may condone it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay so now that I've finally got my $$ and :poop: together, I can't find where the whole campaign to raise funds to buy Devilmaycry.net went.
Help please.
Or has this ship sailed?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Can you delete an account here?

In rare cases we have deleted accounts but its not something we 'like' to do as it can cause us issues when we remove content & accounts and often isnt worth the hassle it can cause with search engines/dead links and guest accounts showing and such.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
*stands there awkwardly unsure whether to ask the lovely staff an overrated question that I have asked before and doesn't want to bother them but does anyway.*

I has question that is probably pointless but I'm gonna ask anyway.
Er um, technically I don't think the name Cosplaying Goddess fits anymore because I've actually been on hiatus with that so um...

*whispers quietly* Could I get my name changed back to Chimera Khaos instead? No? Oh, ok, that's alright then. ^^;

*Runs away as fast as possible.* O.O

Dark Drakan

Admin
*stands there awkwardly unsure whether to ask the lovely staff an overrated question that I have asked before and doesn't want to bother them but does anyway.*

I has question that is probably pointless but I'm gonna ask anyway.
Er um, technically I don't think the name Cosplaying Goddess fits anymore because I've actually been on hiatus with that so um...

*whispers quietly* Could I get my name changed back to Chimera Khaos instead? No? Oh, ok, that's alright then. ^^;

*Runs away as fast as possible.* O.O

Of course & it's been done.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Anyone know what happened to Chancey?

I do.

Shadow said:
Noticed he's not been around in a while. Was he banned or something?

Yes, he was permanently banned.

Unfortunately we all came to an agreement that it'd be more beneficial to ban him than to keep giving him more chances. It's not always an easy decision to make, but under the circumstances we felt it was probably the right thing to do.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Anyone know what happened to Chancey? Noticed he's not been around in a while. Was he banned or something?

Its as LoD said, unfortunately we had a handful of members who rocked the boat a little too frequently so we had no choice but to throw some overboard. There were a couple who were standing on the edge of the plank too but they have improved enough for now to not suffer the same fate.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Shadow
The last nail on the coffin was this response he made to a post I made where it was... overblown and aggressive. I didn't see it till after the ban but people told him it was so and he played the martyr; if memory serves he said something around the lines of 'yes, I'm horrible for having an opinion of my own' and, well, that was reflective of his attitude all around, aggressive and brash and unwilling to ever change, bend, or admit any fault. We were pretty forgiving because, from what I've been told, he was having a rough time in life and needed patience but he ran though all of his good will.

That's the official story but the truth is he just happened to have seen Meg getting rid of some bodies and he had to go.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Grid? :laugh:
hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom