• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who liked Dante in this one

MicronBitz

Hardcore Gamer
I like the video game Dante better.His jokes make him a likeable character.( Also, i never saw anime dante ride a missile like dante did in DMC3 XD )

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I also thought that the strawberry sundae thing was a funny thing to add to his character. As they are not really the sort of thing that big cool tough guys eat, I thought it was a nice way of making him feel a little more original and not such a stereotype.

Dante liking strawberry sundaes is a lot cooler and funnier than him liking pizza.:p

aka958

Don't trust people
I liked it. All but one thing, he just shoot the most enemies with a few shoots and almost never used the sword and he killed everything so easy.

I also liked that he liked strawberry sundeas. Made him look more awesome to me.
And as stated before he got originality and wasn't a stereotype anymore.

quiksilvershado

Dodge this!!!
He necer DTed!!!! That made me upset, I was expecting it at the very end!!! Aand Dante seemed a tiny bit to serious. He could of loosened up a bit :dry:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
aka958;183285 said:
I liked it. All but one thing, he just shoot the most enemies with a few shoots and almost never used the sword and he killed everything so easy.

I also liked that he liked strawberry sundeas. Made him look more awesome to me.
And as stated before he got originality and wasn't a stereotype anymore.

That and the fact he doesn't act like a stupid smug steriotypical american teenager in the anime.

Anime Dante=Best personality ever.

Nishiva

Living in my little world
I didn't really like him actually.. but the anime itself was interesting indeed. And I love the OST too <3 (.. except the opening.. and ending..)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
quiksilvershado;183367 said:
He necer DTed!!!! That made me upset, I was expecting it at the very end!!! Aand Dante seemed a tiny bit to serious. He could of loosened up a bit :dry:

Yes, yes; I agree :3
His personality in the anime compared to DMC3 was quite serious, and if he were laid back, it would have been even better. He wasn't too humorous either, and hell - not going DT when I waited the entire season for him to was a real bummer xD
Overall though, I did like him ^_^

Darth Angelo

Remember, it was set shortly after DMC1 and by that time Dante had calmed down a bit. His personality in 4 doesn't really make sense in the timeline but his personality in the anime does.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's kinda hard to say. I liked anime Dante because he's a bit more jaded, and a lot more vulgar (and hurrah! No 'didn't your mother' jokes!) But again, I liked Dante in DMC3 because...well, it's obvious the difference, isn't it? The ABS! Yummmmyyy. They don't show us girls any eye candy in the anime (they might as well, seeing as the language is M rated). But all in all, I prefer anime Dante. He's not THAT annoying.

Ivory-X-Ebony

In the anime, Dante acts more mature..
I prefer Dante in DMC 3 with his damn words..
But, his appearance in the anime is cool man.. :lol

Demon619

Deadman walking
I'm alittle undecided, I do like him in the anime, but they could of done alot better job at making him act around the time the anime took place, like less DMC1/2 and more DMC3/4

Niloufar

He's cool in both anime and game
he looks kinda deppressed in the anime though!
(still wishing vergil was also included in the anime...)

beyondcrimson

may contain nuts
I think I'm too much of a fan to really pick a favorite, Dante is Dante and thats good enough for me. The anime had a few holes in it and I was a bit p*ssed that you never got to see him DT but there you go you can't have it all. I can forgive them at least in part due to whoever does Dante's voice in the english dub. Thats one sexy voice.

HikenNoAce

One King One Legend
Premium
Dante's personality in DMC3 was hilarious and it changed after during DMC series.. mostly the reason might be because he lost his brother after their battle.. and kinda I see his personality in te anime match a bit in DMC2.. in the anime version his sense of humor not that like in DMC1, 3 & 4

Solar

I liked the chill Dante we saw in the anime, what he is like when there's nothing big going on. I think that sort of relaxed and chill part in him makes him even cooler.

Darth Angelo

Solar;254374 said:
I liked the chill Dante we saw in the anime, what he is like when there's nothing big going on. I think that sort of relaxed and chill part in him makes him even cooler.

Much cooler than standing there showing off and trying to think of things to say that will make us laugh. I like it when he isn't trying too.

Zany Blac

On the whole i think the art style didnt really fit with Devil May Cry thus making the portrayals seem a bit off, not to mention the fact that the anime did not contribute anything story wise, impact wise i might have not even happened.

♥Vergil's Girl♥

In the arms of dark love
I like him better in the anime cuz he seems to be caring more about everyday things then huge things that could end the world carefree is the way to be.^^

Top Bottom