• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who liked Dante in this one

Gunslinger55

I didn't. I thought he came off as a cranky unlikeable punk that lacked the flamboyancy and craziness of Dante from the games (Well, DMC 3 and 4 anyway).

Durante

Dead
Didint wacth the episodes but from the little part i see that he is from dmc1 timeline i nearly thot that he is an old man lol always staying calm capcom cant decide crazy or calm

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Gunslinger55;165172 said:
I didn't. I thought he came off as a cranky unlikeable punk that lacked the flamboyancy and craziness of Dante from the games (Well, DMC 3 and 4 anyway).

I thought the anime persona was a huge improvement on the ussuall comtemtable smugness we ussually get frum him.

Atikkin

Shrine Child
I am a bit neutral with the Dante found in the anime. When in the video game, he is more amusing. When in the anime, there is something lacking a bit. I can't say what just yet.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
To me,I like how Dante was animated in the anime series,but his character is a bit out of place,since he doesn't taunt any of his enemies,and not showing off and so on.Feels weird when Dante does like that,like DMC2.If you ask me which media that Dante is portrayed the best,that will be probably when DM3's Dante.His attics and attitude what makes DMC games lively.:)

Keaton

Premium
^I agree, Dante was well animated, but his attitude was closer to DMC1 or 2, rather than the overly cocky Dante in 3 and 4 that we all know and love :)

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Keaton;166879 said:
^I agree, Dante was well animated, but his attitude was closer to DMC1 or 2, rather than the overly cocky Dante in 3 and 4 that we all know and love :)

You actually liked that?

Oh well, I prefer the original dark Gothic Dante and the anime gives it to us.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
I Loved him in the anime like Black Angel said he had more feelins and stuff and besides i love ANIME! :)

lafudge

&vergil.♥
Meh... I watched the anime in a day for the sake of the fact that it was Devil May Cry. I thought it would be something to do with the main DMC arc but it was just a series of events occurring some place else. I personally disliked the anime. I disliked Dante there. I think it's because I generally prefer a lighthearted, amusing Dante we see in DMC4 and also, to some extent, in DMC3. In DMC and DMC2 he was kinda serious, and also in the anime too. Dante for me is funny. That's one of his big selling points.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I liked him in the anime more than I did in 3 and 4. But Making him fight a demon who is supposedly as powerful as Mundus (I think, it's been a while) without even breaking into a DT really didn't help the growth of his character.

Top Bottom