• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
By the grace of God my job wasn't affected by covid. So it was business as usual for me.

Watches Godzilla vs Kong: "Greatest movie of all time! Praise the King of Monsters!"

Watches ZS Justice League: "No Flash falling on WW?! Worst movie ever!"

Actual thoughts
AHA! Joke's on you, because Godzilla vs Kong is a kaiju AU of Batman v Superman!

Kong is trying to find his true home/purposeClark is struggling to find his purpose in the world and call Earth his home
Apex Corp is trying to use hollow earth rocks as an energy source against the Titans to prove human superiorityLexCorp is trying to exploit Kryptonite and Krypton's resources against Superman to prove human superiority
Godzilla "attacks people for no reason" and puts human lives in danger after being known as a hero, humans have no idea whyBatman is acting outside of his heroic vigilante position and leaving people to die, and people have no idea why
Kong's connection to humans via the deaf girlSuperman's connection to humans through Lois
Apex Corp's CEO has Serizawa, a Japanese second-in-command that dies in the first movie he showed up inLexCorp has Mercy, Lex's Japanese second-in-command who dies in the first movie she showed up in
Godzilla wants Kong to submit to him and if necessary, kill himBatman wanted Superman to submit to him and would have killed him
Ghidorah's head was used to create the abomination of Mecha Godzilla, ostensibly still has Ghidorah's consciousnessZod's body created the abomination of Doomsday, ostensibly still has his consciousness
MechaGodzilla, on "revival", kills the main villain who created itDoomsday, on "revival", attempts to kill Lex who created it
The glowing Hollow Earth axe that was intended to kill Godzilla was used against Mecha GodzillaThe Kryptonite spear that was intended to kill Superman was used against Doomsday
Before Godzilla could deal the killing blow to Kong, Kong said "You're letting them kill Mothra!". Godzilla suffered a flashback to when Mothra died, and shouted back, "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?"I dunno, Superman said a thing and Batman got mad, then they became best friends after Lois said a thing. IDK. Don't ask me for details here. Pretty sure it was important though.

It was part of Legendary's ingenious plan to get people to admit that BvS was actually good.
:ROFL:

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Morgan Wow. That is actually wild. I didn't make that connection at all. But can we all admit that Flash not falling on WW is a sin against movies? Haha
Edit: I should watch WW1984. Which they stole that title from "Godzilla 1985" by the way!

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
But can we all admit that Flash not falling on WW is a sin against movies? Haha
Ew. No.
Is that a serious question?

Joss Whedon already reused that joke from Age of Ultron (Bruce and Natasha) and he harassed Gal Gadot to do it, resulting in him using her stunt actress as a stand-in, and she also wasn't comfortable with it.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Just watched a squirrel steal one of those colourful (plastic?) eggs from the neighbour's yard. I guess his kids are going to have one less egg to hunt for--assuming the squirrels don't come back for more. Having a forest directly behind you has its moments. xD

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Welp, back has healed right up and it no longer hurts to breath anymore so I walk outside to take in the fresh air only to find the gale force winds last night have snapped the rotary washing line in two like it was a damn twig.

I swear if it's not one thing it's another. :ROFL:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Replaying The Sands of Time, and boy did I forget how many times in the actual game, the kill animation on the courtesans is meant to be a stab in the back like in the render here but straight up looks like he's puncturing their ass instead, complete with camera view from above.

POP_Retrieving-1-1000x600.jpg

I mean, I'd be tempted too, no judging here.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The elevator pitch for a Jak and Daxter movie series is "Star Wars if Luke became Wolverine".

That description feels weird but it's an accurate representation of the games.

Jak 2 is a more gritty game than Jak 1. Jak goes through a ton of bad experiences that leave their mark.

Jak struggling through PTSD would be a subplot in the films.

Last edited:

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
It's incredible to think that the Romans had water-setting concrete more then 2000 years ago that's not only unusually durable and long lasting, but requires 60% less cement to make and has a smaller environmental footprint then concrete we use today. Human ingenuity is an astounding thing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wrote a pitch for Silver Sable-

I'd probably get an actress of Eastern European decent.

Silver Sable is a mercenary who hunts war criminals and is a patriot to her home country Symkara. So the villians would challenge those aspects. Like she hunts Hydra members or deals with a political upheaval.

If you wanna be edgy, I'd have her go up against John Walker or Yelena Belova(?). They are alternative versions of Captain America and Black Widow and aren't always on the side of the angels.

Beyond those two here are a sample of villians I think would make interesting matchups - Swarm, Black Cat, Chameleon, the Foreigner, Sin and Mother Night, the Serpent Squad, and Tarantula.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
"Oh! You have such a strong and beautiful vein here" is the kind of compliment that you can hear only at the health center when you're giving blood samples...

... And nope, it didn't make me less terrified

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
"Oh! You have such a strong and beautiful vein here" is the kind of compliment that you can hear only at the health center when you're giving blood samples...

... And nope, it didn't make me less terrified
On the plus side, having a strong vein means they only need to stick the needle in once per sample.
Having narrow and barely visible veins makes for a bad experience of the "Almost had it, let's try again" variety.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
On the plus side, having a strong vein means they only need to stick the needle in once per sample.
Having narrow and barely visible veins makes for a bad experience of the "Almost had it, let's try again" variety.
Been there done that. Once I was taken into ER, got myself into a variety of tubes and wires, and at the same time I had severe anemia. I remember the doctor wondering if I should get a blood transfusion for that, so it was pretty bad.

Well, I got canulated for intravenous hydration, but apparently because of my anemic condition, they had troubles finding a vein. They poked me 3 times in my right hand, 7 times in my left hand.

Never forget...

Also, I'm even more afraid of blood than needles (that's why getting a tattoo wasn't that bad, today it was more about the thought of the needle drawing blood from me). So you can guess I almost fainted today when it was so silent at the lab room and the only sound filling my ears was my own blood rushing to the bottom of the test tube. Damn, even thinking about it makes me feel like I probably should stay sitting here for a while.

On other thinking news today, I'm so happy I could literally dance and I'd lie if I told you it's about anything else than being free from a memory of a person or two. Life's good, and my therapist didn't lie to me when she told me building barricades inside my head is the best remedy for this kind of toxicity and sick behaviour. Not having her name in my nightmare journal for months makes me feel a winner. Yeah... I just counted the pages. \o/

Also, No Contact is hard and I felt like I'm never strong enough to commit myself into it, but it works like a charm. I'm pretty sure it drives them nuts, my therapist warned me about that, but the best part is that I don't even care to find out if I'm right. It's a part of the No Contact strategy: in my world, they don't exist. No contact, no reading their messages, not knowing them at all. It's one kind of a personal victory, over my own weaknesses.

Last edited:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
@Carlos I have watched both WW movies.

@Morgan I am kidding. But I didn't see the harm in the scene. The Flash wasn't being a bad guy. He landed on her, got up right away and made that "Oh I'm sorry miss." Face. Also he was trying 2 save her.
In context it was innocent. As for that behind the scenes stuff. I don't know. All of sudden the ZS cut comes out and Joss is the devil suddenly. I don't want to get into it.

Anyway

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
I am kidding. But I didn't see the harm in the scene. The Flash wasn't being a bad guy. He landed on her, got up right away and made that "Oh I'm sorry miss." Face. Also he was trying 2 save her.
In context it was innocent. As for that behind the scenes stuff. I don't know. All of sudden the ZS cut comes out and Joss is the devil suddenly. I don't want to get into it.

Anyway
Flash saves lives more substantially everywhere else in the movie. A boob joke that the actors weren't comfortable with wasn't needed just because the director has a kink.

Look, it's not anyone else's fault you haven't paid attention to anything actors have been saying in the past however-long. Whedon's been an ass to people since the 90s on the set of Buffy, no one in Marvel had anything nice to say about him or come to his defense, his Wonder Woman script from 2006 got rejected and he's been a bitter, petty man about how Marvel Studios treated him for Age of Ultron and its critical reception. He's dumb. That's it. It's not "sudden".

So of course you don't know. That's not an excuse.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind seeing Warren Ellis tackle Ninja Gaiden. His work on Moon Knight and Karnak reminds me of how Ryu should be handled.

I think NG3 was going for a more reflective and sincere vibe that the games hadn't earned. Mostly because the Itagaki era didn't really care about storytelling.

So maybe something similar like a Buddy cop comedy between Ryu and another character would've worked better. You gotta crawl before you could run.

Bringing over the DOA cast would've been perfect. They have more bombastic personalities and they would play off Ryu's restrainted demeanor well. Plus just making the DOATeC company a front for the Lords of Alchemy is potentially interesting.

Bring back Eric Roberts as Donavan and just let him work his magic.

If you wanna keep the introspective character work, just swap Ryu for Kasumi. She is a more reluctant fighter so forcing her to kill to save the world is a more interesting plot.

Hayate also works.

Last edited:
Top Bottom