• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Currently thinking:

The argument around tone indicators on social media would mostly disappear if people got it into their heads that

1. They are not entitled to immediately respond to something that they don't understand and isn't towards them, especially not to the point of aggressively reading it in bad faith as opposed to asking for clarification first.
1b. If a "retweet" of the thing didn't clarify what it was, it's a 50/50 on "the retweeter understands the tone" or "the retweeter is taking advantage of the divorced context to elicit a reaction". People are still not entitled to fly off the handle and read the text in bad faith. They do not know the OP, and that's called being an asshole. It's the equivalent of overhearing a comment in passing while walking by someone. Let it go.
2. As a corollary, the OP does not need to say absolutely everything they think and blast it on the internet if they know it's going to be misconstrued and perceived as inflammatory because they're not among good company. The "/nbh" tag is useless because maybe, you really should just keep the vent to yourself. You're on the internet. The thing you're using the internet on has its own offline "Notepad" function. Act like it. Type that thing out, offline, give it an hour+ to sit there, and then delete it.
3. If there's already a level of mistrust between the reader and the writer, a tone indicator really isn't going to fix that. A troll won't tell you they're a troll. A question posed entirely to concern troll someone over the internet can be deflected with the "/gen" tag. You are literally trusting some person over the internet with how you read something and letting them tell you what to think.
4. Not everyone needs to be included in everything when it comes to in-jokes, double entendres, etc. It's not at or about you. Go away.
Adding to number 3 that if it's an attention seeker who desperately wants to see evil tones everywhere they go, a tone indicator won't help either. You said that wrong way anyway, from the drama queen's view... even if no one else saw anything wrong in it... in that case, you've only managed to manipulate everyone in the conversation to act in your favor. Of cooourse it's not about them misunderstanding stuff, the fault is on you :D

Years of experience talking here lol. It's been so long though that I'm able to just laugh it off, and in some ways, to understand it as well. It wasn't always like that... and during the worst of times, I was having somewhat similar issues myself.

--

It's been a tough week with all those deadlines and tasks. I'm happy I managed to complete all of them. ^^

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
For the first time ever, we're debt-free.

I honestly don't know what to do with that. With any luck, this means we'll start house-hunting within the next couple of weeks.
That's awesome!

CT: my mouth proper hurts today - the second injection at the dentist was much deeper than I thought...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Our local recycling centre has a sign up saying what it will and won't accept for recycling.

Seems pretty standard fare until you get to the part where it informs you that they will not accept dead animals.

Which leads me to wonder: who in the heck tried to do that before it became a rule??

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Our local recycling centre has a sign up saying what it will and won't accept for recycling.

Seems pretty standard fare until you get to the part where it informs you that they will not accept dead animals.

Which leads me to wonder: who in the heck tried to do that before it became a rule??
If the recycling center is the kind of "give us your crap and we'll sell it for anyone who wants to buy it", I'd say someone might've thought that a person making stuffed animals/taxidermy would buy it.

Should come without saying though, that it would be a rare case and where the heck would the recycling centre store these corpses before someone comes up and asks for dead animals?

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
If the recycling center is the kind of "give us your crap and we'll sell it for anyone who wants to buy it", I'd say someone might've thought that a person making stuffed animals/taxidermy would buy it.

Should come without saying though, that it would be a rare case and where the heck would the recycling centre store these corpses before someone comes up and asks for dead animals?
Not to mention that the recycling center would be a poor middleman, given that local taxidermists generally have their own shops a customer can walk into, and with that the equipment to preserve them.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
We haven't got any really cool native animals in the UK...even our squirrels are imports, aside from a very small population of red ones.

Our recycling centre is so picky nowadays - there's a list of things you can't get rid of that's longer than the list of things you can dump. And they check too, so you can't hide some rubble at the bottom of a bag and hope no one notices you dumping it in the general waste section.

Thanks to covid, you can't recycle tissue any more. It's such a waste (no pun intended, but if you lol I'll take credit for that)

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I made lemon merinque tart. Burnt on the edges, and the filling doesn't taste enough lemonish for me.
I can't remember failing at baking THIS bad before today :D

For my defense, I have to say that when I looked at the recipe and it said "Bake the bottom crust 20 minutes in 200 degrees", I immediately thought that 20 minutes sounds a bit too much for me... I baked it for like 13 min and it was already too much.

The lesson for today is "If you know how to bake a tart and the recipe seems not to know that, trust your instincts".

(It tastes OK if you don't eat the edges. Nothing can be done for the lack of lemon tho...)

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My daughter sent me some awesome Studio Ghibli gifts today - a figurine of No Face sitting outside a little cottage, reading a book, and some Spirited Away playing cards.

Apparently it was because I'm "an amazing, supportive mum".

Girl be high...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My daughter sent me some awesome Studio Ghibli gifts today - a figurine of No Face sitting outside a little cottage, reading a book, and some Spirited Away playing cards.

Apparently it was because I'm "an amazing, supportive mum".

Girl be high...
I wanted to say something about that I respect you for obviously making your children feel good and supported.

Then again, considering that my own mother is a narcissistic, abusive, violent monster, I am not sure whether my respect is really anything worth notion...

Despite that, you made me smile. :)

Why is it so hard for me to say a prayer when my husband is present, given that we are both religious?

Top Bottom