• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
My dog does this sometimes. He/she is looking to get a comfort hug, pet, or something.

Don't shove it aside, show the cat love. The cat may also be hungry, but jumping onto you is a cry for attention.
You show her affection and she just bites or claws you. She'll do it at random as well. Basically, she is stressed because other cats are alive in the world and I'm not solving that problem for her. I'm a total cat person, but this one is just horrible to everyone.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's the little things again that make me happy. The first time ever I clearly recognized I'm stressed and draining myself with work and studies etc. The first time ever I avoided burnout and a long sick leave by reducing the amount of stuff I have to do before I'm too tired to do that.

I decided just to shove some courses for next year and extend my studies a bit. I'm gonna enrol as absent for the autumn semester anyway because of the child, so it's not a big additional hassle if I have to postpone my graduation with some months. I've been ahead of my study schedule anyway.
First time in a week, I slept well.
So I guess it really worked. Damn. I'm a bit too happy now :D

It's a great weather outside and I think I'm gonna take a short walk before starting my work. I wonder if a friend would like to join me for another walk in the evening. :love:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Wait, for real?
Yep. There is one in the works. I definitely don't mind, but I still prefer seeing original black Heroes get their representation. Not just token versions of the character. Also, I really don't mind another Superman movie with Henry Cavill, but I know that's most likely not going to happen.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan @Foxtrot94
Right now more it's speculation than fact.

It's not that big a deal to me because there are 2 or 3 different Black Superman already in the comics. So I'm more interested in using one of them instead of having Clark be Black. Granted that shouldn't be your only selling point.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan @Foxtrot94
Right now more it's speculation than fact.

It's not that big a deal to me because there are 2 or 3 different Black Superman already in the comics. So I'm more interested in using one of them instead of having Clark be Black. Granted that shouldn't be your only selling point.
I just saw the video and I think it's more than speculation. They already got JJ Abraham acting as producer for the project. They mention it somewhere a little after a halfway point. I'm on mobile right now, so I can't timestamp.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I just saw the video and I think it's more than speculation. They already got JJ Abraham acting as producer for the project. They mention it somewhere a little after a halfway point. I'm on mobile right now, so I can't timestamp.
I read some news articles too. One of them says the Black Superman bit was speculation on the Hollywood Reporter's behalf.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok you know what, **** it. For once I don't wanna fight the wokenness, let's just roll with the mentality. As long as it goes both ways, I need myself a white Black Panther and an asian Blade. And do things properly, hire Jason Statham and Donnie Yen.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ok you know what, **** it. For once I don't wanna fight the wokenness, let's just roll with the mentality. As long as it goes both ways, I need myself a white Black Panther and an asian Blade. And do things properly, hire Jason Statham and Donnie Yen.

Got you covered bruv ;).

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
All I want, all I wanted is a perfectly non-racially charged, woke story, non-feminist, non-social justice story. Can't we just enjoy content that was designed as it was? Sigh.

If I saw Blade as black, I WOULD EXPECT the next film have the same ideas. Black man that looks as close as you can to comics. If you want to do a reboot, fine. But I expect my film to try at least find the best actor for the job, not some comedy looking black man. Does he know karate or tae Kwon do or some martial arts? Look, I can't get over the new Blade reboot, because you SIMPLY cannot replace how Snipes looked as Blade. If you replace him to reduce him to a white "Blade" (I'm talking about the character, not the object/weapon, just so we're clear), I'm not buying a ticket to see your film in theaters. There's not a single person in Hollywood that's good looking to the point of replacing Snipes, and knows martial arts. At the same time. Don't get me wrong, there ARE actors who are black men who know martial arts, but there's no one replacing Snipes. Just too perfect for the role. Its like in another life, someone imagined Snipes before he was born.

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
asian Blade
Sorry, but no. Wesley Snipes is Blade. I don't care about the comics so, to me, he is the only real Blade. To me Blade isn't black because he was black in the comics. He's black because Wesley Snipes is black. That's all there is to it...

Donnie Yen.
Donnie Yen.
Donnie Yen.
Donnie Yen.
Sh**. That is a good choice...

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Three admins, in a group I'm a moderator in, were fighting last night. It started from a really minor thing. It was unbelievable how fast it went to slurs and calling each other names. It was like in a damn kindergarden. :rolleyes:

Now I don't feel like a mod anymore, I feel like their mom. Nope, guys, I'm not gonna solve this for you, you have to do it yourself. I'm not taking part in this sh*t.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Sorry, but no. Wesley Snipes is Blade. I don't care about the comics so, to me, he is the only real Blade. To me Blade isn't black because he was black in the comics. He's black because Wesley Snipes is black. That's all there is to it...
I was speaking about the story staying true to the source material, rather than writing a story for race reasons, for feminism reasons (like Ghostbusters 2016 reboot), social justice bullcrap, SJW triggers (like most films like Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Avengers: End Game, and plenty of other examples), and ideological reasons (Any China-backed films, like Mulan).

Three admins, in a group I'm a moderator in, were fighting last night. It started from a really minor thing. It was unbelievable how fast it went to slurs and calling each other names. It was like in a damn kindergarden. :rolleyes:

Now I don't feel like a mod anymore, I feel like their mom. Nope, guys, I'm not gonna solve this for you, you have to do it yourself. I'm not taking part in this sh*t.
Sounds like you're in between basically what I just had recently on this very site. The difference is, its not just two members fighting, its a few admins arguing. The outcome of that situation at that site can only result in revolts, chaos if the owner doesn't step in and clean that up. I would know, because I seen it many times.

It kills websites (in your case its a group) because of infighting, members will take sides, and then a revolt follows suit.

Expect to lose members over it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I was speaking about the story staying true to the source material
Ok. Why are you telling me? I was responding to the Fox's post, which I'm assuming was in jest, but this is the same response I gave elsewhere when people where patronizing those who were advocating against a black Superman. A serious response to a joke post might come off as misleading but I went with it as a set up for the joke I made on the same post. Kill two birds, if you will.

Yeah the whole post was sarcastic. I don't really wanna see white Black Panther or asian Blade.
Yes, I-- I know. Did you not open the spoiler tags?

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Ok. Why are you telling me? I was responding to the Fox's post, which I'm assuming was in jest, but this is the same response I gave elsewhere when people where patronizing those who were advocating against a black Superman. A serious response to a joke post might come off as misleading but I went with it as a set up for the joke I made on the same post. Kill two birds, if you will.
Maybe I didn't catch the joke.. but I felt like you misunderstood mine, because you said...
After I said...
All I want, all I wanted is a perfectly non-racially charged, woke story, non-feminist, non-social justice story. Can't we just enjoy content that was designed as it was? Sigh.

If I saw Blade as black, I WOULD EXPECT the next film have the same ideas. Black man that looks as close as you can to comics. If you want to do a reboot, fine. But I expect my film to try at least find the best actor for the job, not some comedy looking black man. Does he know karate or tae Kwon do or some martial arts? Look, I can't get over the new Blade reboot, because you SIMPLY cannot replace how Snipes looked as Blade. If you replace him to reduce him to a white "Blade" (I'm talking about the character, not the object/weapon, just so we're clear), I'm not buying a ticket to see your film in theaters. There's not a single person in Hollywood that's good looking to the point of replacing Snipes, and knows martial arts. At the same time. Don't get me wrong, there ARE actors who are black men who know martial arts, but there's no one replacing Snipes. Just too perfect for the role. Its like in another life, someone imagined Snipes before he was born.

Top Bottom