• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Did we... did we get ads? I don't have a virus or anything, right?
I was literally just wondering the same thing. O_O Glad it's nothing nefarious.

CT: 20 pages of ST left to edit, then back to TMT. Gods, I hope I can finish writing that new scene without incident. ._.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I just realized... CT means "change of topic", right?

I swear I'm not that dumb. I'm just a blonde non-native English speaker. And googling "CT abbreviation" just showed me results like "Connecticut", "cyber terrorism", "cable test", "Cape Town", "Christianity Today", and "Communist Terrorists" (if it was @Carlos using that abbreviation, I'd vote for this option. Seriously, no offense or malicious intent, just joking since you are very active about this topic with similar vocabulary :D )

Also, now I have a faint memory of this not being the first time I "realize" something like this. If it isn't, forgive me, I've got the memory of an average IQ crucian carp.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I just realized... CT means "change of topic", right?

I swear I'm not that dumb. I'm just a blonde non-native English speaker. And googling "CT abbreviation" just showed me results like "Connecticut", "cyber terrorism", "cable test", "Cape Town", "Christianity Today", and "Communist Terrorists" (if it was @Carlos using that abbreviation, I'd vote for this option. Seriously, no offense or malicious intent, just joking since you are very active about this topic with similar vocabulary :D )

Also, now I have a faint memory of this not being the first time I "realize" something like this. If it isn't, forgive me, I've got the memory of an average IQ crucian carp.
I didn't really use "Communist Terrorist" per se, but its the same idea, though. However, it's better to ask what he/she meant by CT, especially if you are in ER. I realize you're pregnant, so ask doctors what they mean.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
I didn't really use "Communist Terrorist" per se, but its the same idea, though. However, it's better to ask what he/she meant by CT, especially if you are in ER. I realize you're pregnant, so ask doctors what they mean.
Yup, referring to the idea rather than exactly same words. ;)

Yup, CT can refer to computer tomography I guess (it's horrible, I've been in two), but I don't think @Angel and @Rebel Dynasty above meant that.
Hopefully...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Cat, pushing your stupid face into mine is NOT going to make me get up and feed you any quicker. It's just going to make me shove you off the bed and quietly hate you more.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's always something new to learn ;)

"Today I learned I am not smart"

:(

CT (Look I'm using it myself! :LOL:): I'm probably getting into a REAL COURTROOM next month! As an assistant for the lawyer, not as the defendant :geek:
However, it seems probable I'm getting into court as a party soon enough in personal issues... if I find the strength and confidence to report her. For that, I am not so excited. Rather I am scared, traumatized, having too much involuntary flashbacks, and lack of sleep.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I thought I was smart :(

You're still smart. ^^ It probably does stand for "change topic" in other circumstances. I guarantee there's tons of stuff you know that I don't, so don't feel bad about it. <3

CT: 10 more pages of ST to edit, then I have to jump right into continuing that new scene I started for TMT. I can't do it any other way, because that's when the connection between these two characters will be at its freshest in my mind. I just wish I didn't have all these interruptions to worry about beforehand (waiting for husband to leave for work, getting kiddo up, ready, and out the door, the dog wanting out every time I just need to focus...)

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Cat, pushing your stupid face into mine is NOT going to make me get up and feed you any quicker. It's just going to make me shove you off the bed and quietly hate you more.
My dog does this sometimes. He/she is looking to get a comfort hug, pet, or something.

Don't shove it aside, show the cat love. The cat may also be hungry, but jumping onto you is a cry for attention.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
My dog does this sometimes. He/she is looking to get a comfort hug, pet, or something.

Don't shove it aside, show the cat love. The cat may also be hungry, but jumping onto you is a cry for attention.

I still wonder what's the reason behind our pet snake pushing and bumping his face into a camera every time I try to take some nice photos of him. Cry for fame?
Seriously, it's a real mystery. He isn't very fond of being touched by a human (snakes usually aren't) but he loves my phone's camera. Must be a fancy smell or something.

---

It's the little things again that make me happy. The first time ever I clearly recognized I'm stressed and draining myself with work and studies etc. The first time ever I avoided burnout and a long sick leave by reducing the amount of stuff I have to do before I'm too tired to do that.

I decided just to shove some courses for next year and extend my studies a bit. I'm gonna enrol as absent for the autumn semester anyway because of the child, so it's not a big additional hassle if I have to postpone my graduation with some months. I've been ahead of my study schedule anyway.

Tbh, being able to say all this out loud without feeling guilty makes me damn proud of myself.... which is still a very odd feeling for me, the pride that is. I've come so far with my health, all thanks to my spouse, therapy, and them both encouraging me to let go of draining people and burden. I was never just chronically depressed, I think, I just had two decades of trauma to work through.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Yaibal tries to recruit Jak and Daxter for the Youth League.

Jak responds "Friend I respect your right to die for what you believe. I only ask you respect our right not to".

That's a very Arthur Morgan line.

Top Bottom