• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Are You Thinking?

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There's this guy who is coming over tonight to give me guitar lessons and because he has been addressing me quite formally in our emails (and I have responded accordingly) I'm just panicking over whether I can tell him to "bitte mich duzen" and leave the formalities.. but I've heard that a younger person should not be the one to suggest that... And I'm like 2 or 3 years younger than him so it's just ridiculous

Being polite is hard

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
A Columbian student here was amazed when he heard I'm from Finland, because according to him, I've got a Spanish accent when I'm speaking English.

For some reason I think it's pretty cool :cool: :LOL: especially when I don't know a word in Spanish!

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Laptop, I beg you--please, please stop freezing when I'm in the middle of a sentence. By the time you're booted up again, I no longer remember where I was going with it.

And that's if I'm lucky, since autosave doesn't always manage to get it beforehand. T_T

+Kind of want to have a lazy day today. Maybe get a little further with the book I'm currently reading... :unsure:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
So it seems since things are getting significantly worse all over Europe it might be that I get a callback soon, but it doesn't actually bother me at all since I can carry on with these studies online anyway.

Also, I just noted that I've got so much extra studies that my degree is gonna have like 350 completed credits in it while the required amount is 300 credits. A pleasant surprise :geek:(y)

Overall I'm happy to be happy. Happy to wear jeans the size I haven't been able to fit in since 2012, happy to get good feedback from my thesis, happy to feel so alive that some setbacks such as realizing the possibility of getting evacuated from here aren't really bothering me. A year ago I would've been crying all day long because of that. I've been thinking for a reason for that, got some thoughts about it, but I think it's just some overall cognitive stuff that has been happening inside my head. Learning to set problems on their correct scale and so on.

Gonna get that tattoo soon. To savor the moment.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
How I hate it when I'm watching a series, falling in love with it and staring at it like "wow that's just sooooo cool".... and there's this ONE scene where the immersion is totally ruined, because I find myself yelling at the main character "NO WAY DUDE, THAT IS NOT HOW TO PICK A LOCK!!... Yeah it definitely SHOULD NOT be opened with those tools but nevertheless, for a reason I cannot understand, you are in"

I'm trying to forget that one scene and not to think what else is far from real life in that series...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Holy craps it's been a while since I've ventured here.

I kind of shut off a distanced myself since last year what with all of the issues I was going through and this whole pandemic. It's just been work, work, work, work and more work that's getting me through. This whole year has just been draining in every essence of the word...

Though on a much more positive note I've been a member here for 13 years now. Not too shabby, huh? Gotta remember to check what the longest time surviving *is that the right word?* as a member here awards you trophy-wise. It's probably something Sanctus related like "Whoa you old fart".

Hope everyone is as well as they can be :)

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Happy 13th Anniversary, LoD! I feel you on it being a difficult year. I hope you're doing better, though, and that any obstacles still in your path are easy to overcome with time. <3

+So a body's been found just across the street from me. Looks like we're stuck in a crime scene for a bit. :oops:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
+So a body's been found just across the street from me. Looks like we're stuck in a crime scene for a bit. :oops:

It wasn't me.

Or was it...

IdenticalVerifiableAsianpiedstarling-size_restricted.gif

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I prefer Todoraki to Bakugo in MHA. One is an asshole with purpose, the other is just an asshole.
And even then Todoroki and even that much an asshole, ironically enough. The problem with Bakugo is that he is just another Sasuke, but a big loud mouth. There are plenty of teenage characters from different anime that can kick his ass with little to no problems.

Movie Bob got fired from the Escapists again, so I consider that good news. Hopefully, they don't make the same mistake a third time. They just rehire Jeremy from GoodBadFlicks. Better film reviewer and just a pleasent guy to listen and watch.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@BrawlMan Sasuke was built on Vegeta so let's put credit where credit is due.

Granted I think Todoraki fills the "friendly rival" role better than Bakugo. Todoraki and Deku actually become friends and you could see why the other classmates befriend him. You can't really do that with Bakugo.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
@BrawlMan Sasuke was built on Vegeta so let's put credit where credit is due.
I have not forgotten, but I hate Sasuke more than Vegeta. Rival characters that were once jerks or villains I've seen done better with certain clones themselves. Ren Tao, Hiei, Kuwabara (though even in the beginning he was less of jerk than Yusuke). I can go on all day.

Top Bottom